Page 198 of 221«12196197198199200220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
SpaceHopperDate: Saturday, 25.06.2016, 18:18 | Message # 2956
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Quote steeljaw354 ()
I have only found 1 or 2 life terras without that much CO2. All the rest have that much

Especially when green plants are supposed to create more oxygen in the atmosphere and less CO2.
Great Oxygenation Event

3.14% of all seafarers are PIrates.
Got Mole Problems? Call Avogadro at 602-1023
Google Search my picture to discover whom it depicteth.

IdgeliosDate: Saturday, 25.06.2016, 18:59 | Message # 2957
Astronaut
United States
Quote steeljaw354 ()
Is there a way to switch oxygen and CO2 probabilities? Like how you go into the universe.cfg and edit stuff?

Seconded. It's really depressing to see so many terras that are basically uninhabitable. And it doesn't make much sense with complex life since while it's true that cyanobacteria isn't inevitable, bacteriums like cyanobacteria still should occur from time to time, even if it's only once every 50 or so light years. I recall scouring with the star browser dozens of life filled terrad and consistently they had carbon in ranges that are deadly.

Edited by Idgelios - Saturday, 25.06.2016, 18:59

steeljaw354Date: Saturday, 25.06.2016, 22:08 | Message # 2958
World Builder
Pirate
I see green plants on these planets, yet they still have a majority CO2 atmosphere, and sinche CO2 is a greenhouse gas, those planets should be like venus, but they are not.

abyssoftDate: Saturday, 25.06.2016, 23:40 | Message # 2959
Space Tourist
United States
Planets Orbiting Multiples are Unusually hot,
For a planet that orbits a quaternary system at 1.870 when doing the math long hand shows the planet should be almost like earth +-5 deg with greenhouse effect (atm 133% earth)
Rendering has it over 900 degrees, I think the insolation calculation is a bit off, was correct in 0.9.7.2 (even though planet did not render correctly) was also correct in 0.9.7.3 and the planet did render correctly.

It also does not seem to matter where I place the planet whether it be 1.4 AU or 1000 AU

EDIT (20160626)
Ok did a little more digging... Temp is 943.14 and there is a small Greenhouse effect no matter the placement. I figured I would check for other possible errors and added a second circum-quaternary and while it was rendered it does not show in the system schema and it's temp was -113.somthing again no matter the placement.

In 0.9.7.3 I had the Barycenter with the same name as the StarBarycenter in order for it to work
In 0.9.7.4 they had to have different names to even try to render.

In 0.9.7.3 It used the Parameters defined in the Barycenter to calculate the environment.
In 0.9.7.4 it is definately using an internal value only.

Attachments: Quad-S_0_9_7_4_.sc(0Kb) · Quad-P_0_9_7_4_.sc(10Kb) · Quad-S_0_9_7_3_.sc(0Kb) · Quad-P_0_9_7_3_.sc(10Kb)

Edited by abyssoft - Monday, 27.06.2016, 05:45

VilfateDate: Sunday, 26.06.2016, 12:35 | Message # 2960
Astronaut
China
I found another marginal bug...
On the right end of the editor screenshot below, the slide-bar is longer than the screen!

This occurred when I was editing a star..

Attachments: 8900747.jpg(190Kb) · 6594331.log(60Kb)

Edited by Vilfate - Sunday, 26.06.2016, 12:37

pfjarschelDate: Sunday, 26.06.2016, 14:10 | Message # 2961
Space Tourist
Pirate
I think I found 2 bugs, and after extensive search, I didn't find anything on them, so I apologize if they have been addressed before... Here we go:

Bug 1: Warp delta velocity calculation error: Each time I open SE and try to warp anywhere, the delta v calculated is always 32.62 ly/s (10pc/s, if I'm not mistaken). This is instantly fixed if I pause the game, engage autopilot warp to function, disengage, and then unpause. When auto-warping, the ship calculates the right velocities. Not a big deal, since it's easy to handle, but I thought I should report.

Bug 2: Docking distance is always the same no matter what. I remember I have successfully docked a couple of times, but now I can't dock any ship on no other ship, because the distance always stays the same (see screenshots)... Am I doing something wrong? (I tried restarting SE, but no luck...)

Edit: After a few restarts, the docking is working again... wacko

Attachments: 8018163.jpg(519Kb) · 2012563.jpg(582Kb)

"Rush, Where the hell are we?"
"Several billion light years from home."

Edited by pfjarschel - Monday, 27.06.2016, 00:57

yaqdarkDate: Sunday, 26.06.2016, 17:18 | Message # 2962
Astronaut
Pirate
Hello Mr. Engineer, excellent RC3 patch, love it, and nice choice of starting planet.

Wondering if you are thinking of implementing Oculus Rift CV1 support for the full release?

carrascotranslatorDate: Monday, 27.06.2016, 02:52 | Message # 2963
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
I can only say: CONGRATULATIONS. This new version is completely astonishing, awe-inspiring, jaw dropping. It's a beautiful work that I will undoubtedly support. I think the only thing that is missing is an atmosphere-engine for gas giants, that would be perfection.

Edited by carrascotranslator - Monday, 27.06.2016, 02:54

JATODate: Monday, 27.06.2016, 07:22 | Message # 2964
Observer
Group: Newbies
Australia
I'm running RC2 and I am getting this bizarre flickering graphical glitch when near black holes (and I'm assuming neutron and white dwarf stars) that have accretion disks. I'm running a laptop with intel integrated graphics which I assume to be the cause of the problem, but am curious as to whether there is a cure?
Attachments: 1217145.jpg(507Kb) · 7338105.log(86Kb)

Ettore_bilboDate: Monday, 27.06.2016, 14:49 | Message # 2965
Space Pilot
Italy
Quote steeljaw354 ()
Is there a way to switch oxygen and CO2 probabilities? Like how you go into the universe.cfg and edit stuff?

no, there's not...
anyway, the oxygen in SE it's ok (indeed, it is too present now, I've found many planets with atmospheres virtually flammable :-) )
the problem is CO2 and evolution of our atmosphere... in primordial earth there was a lot of CO2, but with the cooling of the surface and the increase of the quantity of liquid water this CO2 dissolved in oceans going to form limestone ( and the nitrogen present in the oceans is released into the atmosphere)... Also forms of life such as corals have contributed to lowering CO2 levels... then came the cyanobacteria produce oxygen...

the question is: this process we can consider extensible to all the planets of SE? i think yes, it is chemical reactions, so where there are oceans (and a weather cycle) should not be too much CO2...

parameciumkidDate: Monday, 27.06.2016, 15:41 | Message # 2966
Explorer
United States
As for me I'm finding an annoying prevalence of SO2 in atmospheres. It seems like every single rocky planet out there has at least 1% SO2 in its atmosphere - just enough to poison anyone who tries to go down there, even if there's plenty of oxygen floating around. :\
I'd understand if there's a prevailing theory that most planets have lots of atmospheric sulfur, but so far I haven't heard about any such thing.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

SpaceHopperDate: Monday, 27.06.2016, 16:27 | Message # 2967
Explorer
United States
Quote parameciumkid ()
I'm running RC2 and I am getting this bizarre flickering graphical glitch when near black holes (and I'm assuming neutron and white dwarf stars) that have accretion disks. I'm running a laptop with intel integrated graphics which I assume to be the cause of the problem, but am curious as to whether there is a cure?

I think you should update your drivers like I did.
Go to Device Manager by (for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1) pressing the Windows and X keys together or (for Windows 10) right-mouse clicking on the Windows Start icon and selecting Device Manager.
Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
Expand the Display adapters section.
Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
Then click "Search automatically for updated driver software".
You will have to free up some space on your disk if you get a message saying there's not enough space.

3.14% of all seafarers are PIrates.
Got Mole Problems? Call Avogadro at 602-1023
Google Search my picture to discover whom it depicteth.

OMGspace_engineDate: Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 12:41 | Message # 2968
Observer
Brazil
The spaceship's gravity physics is N-body or it tooks only the nearest/most massive object?
Sorry if this is not the correct thread to this, but I didn't find where I can make questions like this

pfjarschelDate: Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 18:06 | Message # 2969
Space Tourist
Pirate
Quote OMGspace_engine ()
The spaceship's gravity physics is N-body or it tooks only the nearest/most massive object?

That's a good question... I believe it only considers the closest object, since any other massive body would have a very small gravity acceleration, and can thus be discarded. You can check that by staying near a planet and checking the grav accel value of the ship (just click on it), and then moving a bit further and checking it again. Whenever the values switches to the star's value, you'll see it's also pretty small.

To really check this, an interesting experiment would be to find two planets that are very close (that is, a moon that is almost as big as the planet), and try to enter a high orbit on any one of them... Should be cool to watch what happens! tongue

"Rush, Where the hell are we?"
"Several billion light years from home."

OMGspace_engineDate: Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 18:25 | Message # 2970
Observer
Brazil
Quote pfjarschel ()
any other massive body would have a very small gravity acceleration, and can thus be discarded

Not to all situation, for example, if want to put the ship in orbit of an moon of a gas giant, if the gravity of the gas giant is considered in the simulation the effect in the orbit can be very noticeable. I'm asking this 'cause I know that in Kerbal Space Program, for example, the physics isn't N-Body, it's not so realistic but make the gameplay much more easy

Edited by OMGspace_engine - Tuesday, 28.06.2016, 18:26

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 198 of 221«12196197198199200220221»
Search: