Page 194 of 221«12192193194195196220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
PlutonianEmpireDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 00:44 | Message # 2896
Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Did you updated drivers? It seems they are very obsolete (log reported GL 4.3). Recent drivers introduced the GL_ARB_clip_control extension, which is used by SE for reversed depth buffer, which fixed issues with clouds.

Wait, so 0.974 official will have minimum requirements needing GL 5 or something? That's a pretty big jump from the old requirements of GL 3.3, isn't it? tongue

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 01:23 | Message # 2897
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote Mosfet ()
since SpaceEngineer said he introduced a "no type" cluster I made a test script with three "clusters" like:

I had been meaning to try and do something like this, good to see it works fairly well. I may implement that into some of my future addons.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

ProteusDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 04:17 | Message # 2898
Explorer
United States
A few things I've caught so far (apologies if any of these have already been covered):

- I've found extremely few catalog stars with procedural planets even though procedural planets on catelog stars is enabled.

- Disabling procedural planets altogether does not update live for many systems at a distance (outside the system I am in).

- After setting the left panel to auto-hide, I cannot get it to appear again when touching the left edge of the screen.

Edited by Proteus - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 04:34

zeroingDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 06:10 | Message # 2899
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Light travels through the mountain, which is obviously a bug
Attachments: 0999651.jpg(67Kb)

zeroingDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 06:16 | Message # 2900
Observer
United States
The light passes through the outer layer of the planet, RC2 does not have this bug
Attachments: 4746599.jpg(15Kb) · 5366516.jpg(19Kb)

FireintheholeDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 06:29 | Message # 2901
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
zeroing, have you set diffraction spikes to simple? If so, set them to normal. If you set them to simple, SE will use a simplified model, assuming all planets are spheroids, so that the light only disappears once the lightsource is below the mathematical horizon.

Love SpaceEngine!

Edited by Fireinthehole - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 06:31

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 09:51 | Message # 2902
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Mosfet ()
    Type    "no type"

LOL did you understood me literally? No type means what parameter Type must be skipped. Type "no type" is not a valid script.

Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
Wait, so 0.974 official will have minimum requirements needing GL 5 or something? That's a pretty big jump from the old requirements of GL 3.3, isn't it?

No, it's still 3.3

Quote Proteus ()
- I've found extremely few catalog stars with procedural planets even though procedural planets on catelog stars is enabled.

How do you search for them? By random clicking on stars? Then you have 90% probability to choose bright giant star, possibly with binary companion in the catalog.

Quote Proteus ()
- Disabling procedural planets altogether does not update live for many systems at a distance (outside the system I am in).

What do you mean?

Quote Proteus ()
- After setting the left panel to auto-hide, I cannot get it to appear again when touching the left edge of the screen.

Not true for me. Do you have a second screen in left side of the main? Did you touch the left-bottom side of the screen? On 1080p screen this panel appear to be slightly below the screen middle line.

Quote zeroing ()
Light travels through the mountain, which is obviously a bug
The light passes through the outer layer of the planet, RC2 does not have this bug

Set diffraction spikes to normal.

SalvoDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 11:18 | Message # 2903
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
this "speed" limit is one of the way to achieve that.

Yeah, I agree.

Anyway, who travels on one of these spaceships doesn't necessarily needs to be awake for the whole time, now that I think about it. What I mean is that the time of the game could be easily skipped or made faster.

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Edited by Salvo - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 11:18

MosfetDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 11:48 | Message # 2904
World Builder
Italy
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Quote Mosfet ()
Type "no type"

LOL did you understood me literally? No type means what parameter Type must be skipped. Type "no type" is not a valid script.

Of course I took it literally as value, you put it in quotes first! biggrin I'm afraid I hang on your every word. Well, the fact is I tried and I didn't find errors or warnings in console or se.log, and it worked, so... tongue thanks for clarification

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 11:50

ProteusDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 14:20 | Message # 2905
Explorer
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()

What do you mean?

I'm currently a earth. I click on some stars that actually some procedural planets (one has 12 of them). I then go into the window to turn off procedural planets. I disable all procedural planets, close the window, and click around the same stars. They are still showing as having their procedural planets. I hit f2 and can still browse all of them.

Quote SpaceEngineer ()

Not true for me. Do you have a second screen in left side of the main? Did you touch the left-bottom side of the screen? On 1080p screen this panel appear to be slightly below the screen middle line.

My laptop screen is currently damaged so I cannot use it. Instead I'm using an external monitor that is a duplicate of the original screen. But even when the SE window is not maximized, touching my mouse to the left edge of the window does not trigger the panel. It does trigger the right panel fine, as well as all the bottom ones.

MosfetDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 14:43 | Message # 2906
World Builder
Italy
Quote Proteus ()
I'm using an external monitor

If the monitor has some control keys, have you tried to use the auto-adjust function or a reset of parameters?

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

ProteusDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 15:07 | Message # 2907
Explorer
United States
Quote Mosfet ()
If the monitor has some control keys, have you tried to use the auto-adjust function or a reset of parameters?

I presume if it had something to do with the monitor, then when the window isn't in fullscreen, the edge of the program window would trigger the panel. Alas, it doesn't. It triggers all the others, but not that one. This leads me to believe it's not an issue associated with the monitor.

Ed1956Date: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 15:59 | Message # 2908
Observer
Philippines
Here are some things I have noticed.

1. The gas giants seem to lack moons. Saturn has 31 moons only (should be 62).
The other gas giants have only few lacking moons: Jupiter lacks four moons (should be 67); Uranus lacks one moon (Perdita); Neptune lacks one moon (S2004 N 1).

2. Found a system. Its planets are too hot but the dwarf they are orbiting at is very cold. Is it normal?

Attachments: 4225771.png(86Kb)

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 18:54 | Message # 2909
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Proteus ()
I'm currently a earth. I click on some stars that actually some procedural planets (one has 12 of them). I then go into the window to turn off procedural planets. I disable all procedural planets, close the window, and click around the same stars. They are still showing as having their procedural planets. I hit f2 and can still browse all of them.

This is normal, planet browser ignores that show/hide settings. System in SE can be either fully cataloged or fully procedural, mixed is impossible. So this buheviour have no sense - you will see a star with no planets in browser.

Quote Proteus ()
My laptop screen is currently damaged so I cannot use it. Instead I'm using an external monitor that is a duplicate of the original screen. But even when the SE window is not maximized, touching my mouse to the left edge of the window does not trigger the panel. It does trigger the right panel fine, as well as all the bottom ones.

What value is under LockMainPanel in the user.cfg?

Quote Ed1956 ()
1. The gas giants seem to lack moons. Saturn has 31 moons only (should be 62).
The other gas giants have only few lacking moons: Jupiter lacks four moons (should be 67); Uranus lacks one moon (Perdita); Neptune lacks one moon (S2004 N 1).

If you would like to see all moons, you are welcome: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/17-2789-1
Complete catalog of Solar system moons could be good next community addon after complete catalog of binary asteroids.

Quote Ed1956 ()
2. Found a system. Its planets are too hot but the dwarf they are orbiting at is very cold. Is it normal?

Hm, it could be an error in catalog, I'll check.

Brett001Date: Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 19:35 | Message # 2910
Space Pilot
Hungary
I have a problem. Those favorite locations (planets/moons), which I saved in RC2, in RC3 "object not found." sad Why?

Edited by Brett001 - Wednesday, 22.06.2016, 19:37

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 194 of 221«12192193194195196220221»
Search: