[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 173 of 221«12171172173174175220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
sinsforealDate: Sunday, 15.05.2016, 02:24 | Message # 2581
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
JackDole, Idgelios, Jack is correct that was what he was referring to harbingerdawn. So Idgelios There will be no need for a slider because it already exists, Its called "planet brightness"

"Man once looked up at the stars and wondered, Now all we do is look at our hands and hesitate"

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 15.05.2016, 06:00 | Message # 2582
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote sinsforeal ()
Jack is correct that was what he was referring to harbingerdawn.

No, that's not was he was talking about, as he himself said:

Quote Idgelios ()
I'm talking about the procedural star density modifier in the Universe.cfg.

And that's a config value, not a slider.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

IdgeliosDate: Sunday, 15.05.2016, 14:54 | Message # 2583
Astronaut
United States
To specific I am referring to the StarGalaxyDensity parameter and if there will be a configuration option like the StarGalaxyDensity parameter for Planemos.

JCandeiasDate: Sunday, 15.05.2016, 16:35 | Message # 2584
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Portugal
Hi. It's been a while.

I have, with RC2, the same problem OBV10U3_NINJA had back in november (see message #703 in this thread), but in my case there's no cache deleting and reloading the program that works. The planetary textures are missing from all major planets, although Pluto and Ceres, at least, do show their textures. Earth, for instance, is like this:

Checking se.log, I don't see anything obviously wrong, so I'm stumped. I'm attaching it anyway. It isn't a localization issue: I've tried the program in English and Earth is still a white ball.

Attachments: 9482555.jpg(173Kb) · 9663269.log(107Kb)

They let me use this!

BambusmanDate: Sunday, 15.05.2016, 16:52 | Message # 2585
Pioneer
Group: SE team
Germany
JCandeias, did you downloaded any texture addons for earth? if yes you probably installed them wrong

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 15.05.2016, 17:27 | Message # 2586
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
JCandeias,
Quote JCandeias ()
The planetary textures are missing from all major planets, although Pluto and Ceres, at least, do show their textures. Earth, for instance, is like this:

Remove temporary file 'myaddons.pak' from your SpaceEngine installation folder, and test SpaceEngine then. It may be that there lies the problem.

Remove the file completely from the SpaceEngine directory. It is not enough to move it within SpaceEngine.

Don't forget to look here.

JCandeiasDate: Sunday, 15.05.2016, 18:49 | Message # 2587
Pioneer
Portugal
Quote Bambusman ()
JCandeias, did you downloaded any texture addons for earth? if yes you probably installed them wrong

Nope: fresh installation, not a single addon with their own textures.

Quote JackDole ()
Remove temporary file 'myaddons.pak' from your SpaceEngine installation folder, and test SpaceEngine then. It may be that there lies the problem.

Yes, planetary textures do show up if I do that. It's weird, though: I have nothing in that .pak file that has anything to do with textures... just stars' and planets' definitions, and nothing different from what I had in previous versions of the engine and which didn't cause any significant issues.

Edit:
And I just noticed that removing or putting myaddons.pak back in place changes the position of the Earth by more than 1 AU. This is truly bizarre.

They let me use this!

Edited by JCandeias - Sunday, 15.05.2016, 18:52

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 15.05.2016, 19:22 | Message # 2588
Star Engineer
Germany
JCandeias,
the scripts in your .pak file change a whole range of existing objects, including the earth.
I think that with these changes something is not quite right.

JCandeiasDate: Sunday, 15.05.2016, 19:45 | Message # 2589
Pioneer
Portugal
Quote JackDole ()
the scripts in your .pak file change a whole range of existing objects, including the earth.

I'm aware of that. They shouldn't change the position, though, because that's defined in Earth's catalog entry. The fact that they change Earth's position means there's a bug lurking somewhere.

And I just kinda found out where: I had commented out a couple of brown dwarfs that were contaminating their parent stars, turning them into identical brown dwarfs (which is another bug), and didn't comment out their planets as well, which gives rise to errors in planet hierarchy, because those planets are left with unknown parent objects. For some reason, that screws up a lot of stuff. I tried commenting out the planets as well, and the Earth got back to its proper place, wearing its proper textures.

So yeah, the program is now less idiot-proof than it used to be.

They let me use this!

JCandeiasDate: Sunday, 15.05.2016, 20:41 | Message # 2590
Pioneer
Portugal
Quote JCandeias ()
And I just kinda found out where

Ugh! Forget it: I didn't. I had simply forgotten to rename myaddons.pak back from myaddons.zip after editing those files. Editing out the orphan planets didn't do any good.

They let me use this!

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 15.05.2016, 21:05 | Message # 2591
Star Engineer
Germany
JCandeias,
you could remove the files 'Asteroids.sc' and 'SolarSys.sc' from the .pak archive, maybe also 'SolarSys3000.sc', and see what is then.

Perhaps, one by one, to see which is the cause. If it is one of these files.

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 16.05.2016, 12:01 | Message # 2592
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Mixa ()
So about 10 more years and engine will be considered done, right? Though, it can be built upon even then.

I think 2045 is more real date. After arising of advanced AI, it will finish SE within 0.1 seconds and start moving humans into VR prison.
biggrin

Quote meegja ()
Tried 0.974 now and having issues with stutter/lag or what ever that is called in English Main issue is that it all "jumps" a bit every second or so when moving. See Youtube URL below for example.

Do you use "super" planet shine? Try to set it no "normal".

meegjaDate: Monday, 16.05.2016, 12:32 | Message # 2593
Space Tourist
Netherlands
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Do you use "super" planet shine? Try to set it no "normal".

I got my issue resolved: on my system I have stutters en micro pause in SE 0.9.7.4 when the Vertical Synchronization in the game is enabled. If I disable that in-game and enable in the Nvidia Control Panel, then it all runs smooth as silk smile

Always be yourself (unless you suck)
Intel i5 4690k 3.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 2400 RAM, MSI GTX 1080 Founders Edition

meegjaDate: Monday, 16.05.2016, 12:42 | Message # 2594
Space Tourist
Netherlands
Got a tiny bug (I think): I disabled (removed the tick mark) in the Graphics part for Lens flares. But now it can not be turned on again: when going to the part to mark it again, it is not possible. The pointer does change at the mark but it's the "movement pointer".
Had to go into user.cfg and set EnableLensFlareGhosts to True again and then the tick mark is back also in-game.

Always be yourself (unless you suck)
Intel i5 4690k 3.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 2400 RAM, MSI GTX 1080 Founders Edition

JackDoleDate: Monday, 16.05.2016, 13:28 | Message # 2595
Star Engineer
Germany
Quote meegja ()
Got a tiny bug (I think): I disabled (removed the tick mark) in the Graphics part for Lens flares. But now it can not be turned on again: when going to the part to mark it again, it is not possible. The pointer does change at the mark but it's the "movement pointer".
Had to go into user.cfg and set EnableLensFlareGhosts to True again and then the tick mark is back also in-game.

This bug has already been mentioned earlier, and it is, as far as I know, already corrected for the next release.

For now, you could create a keyboard shortcut for it.

So you can the lens flares toggle on and off.

Attachments: 4957889.jpg(157Kb)

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 173 of 221«12171172173174175220221»
Search: