[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 149 of 221«12147148149150151220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
IdgeliosDate: Monday, 11.04.2016, 06:46 | Message # 2221
Astronaut
Group: Users
United States
The furthest world is .2 Au in distance.

Jokel317Date: Monday, 11.04.2016, 07:25 | Message # 2222
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Another bug not sure if it is known and documented. Is when you use the page up and page down keys "telescope mode". When zoomed far in such as on a star and then press home Space Engine crashes. Work`s fine if you zoom out regularly.

Edited by Jokel317 - Monday, 11.04.2016, 07:26

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 11.04.2016, 13:02 | Message # 2223
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Mosfet ()
Regarding Mintaka that seemed a bit off, looking at the catalogue Stars-bin-2.sc the value of declination is negative, which is correct:
Dec     -00 17 57
but I have a positive value instead when plotted in SE:
If the entry in Stars-bin-2.sc is changed in decimal form,
Dec     -0.29916667
then the daclination of the object is correct. It's as if negative values from 0 to -1 are ignored when expressed in DMS form, using positive values instead.

Oops, indeed, thanks for detecting this bug! SE reads DMS values as an array of numbers, and obviously "-00" is converted to "0", so overall number considered positive. I fixed that issue.

Quote JackDole ()
There is a bug with some galaxies that have no stars. The only stars that are in these galaxies are in clusters. This bug exists already longer. I thought he was already known.

The bug affecting only small (dwarf) catalog galaxies, which are in the NGC-IC.csv file. It is fixed now, so IC 3094 and other dwarf galaxies have stars and have no performance issues.

Quote SaturnsMoonTitan ()
I found a Red Dwarf star in RC2 that is 9,000 km in diameter- that's smaller than Earth! The star is LSR J1425+7102 . All the other red dwarfs I can find are more than 90,000km in diameter- maybe a decimal point went in the wrong place.

This is because this star have no radius data in the catalog, and SE tries to comupte it using other provided data. It don't always success in this, sometimes strange or unrealistic values are computed. In this case, radius is so small becasue computed luminosity is too small, and this is because of provided AppMagn in different lightbands. SE used them and assumes what star is abrown dwarf, which is incorrect. Magnitude corrections for M stars are much lower than for brown dwarfs, so computed luminocity is too low.
I "fixed" this issue by disabling reading AppMagR etc for non-brown dwarf stars.

YantraDate: Monday, 11.04.2016, 13:15 | Message # 2224
Observer
Peru
(I posted this on another thread and was redirected towards here.)
I have installed the latest version of SpaceEngine (0.974 RC2) and I have noticed that some stuff have changed. First of all, there is one location on the pre-saved list titled "These guys have very complex calendar" (RS 8476-1355-7-1350374-381 4.4) which, upon being selected, yields an "Object Not Found" message. In a similar vein, I tried searching for RS 8414-2303-8-8184277-691 (a star I had previosly visited in the prior version) but I can't even find stars beginning with RS 8414 on the finder. The old default starting green moon with the gas giant in the back are not on the pre-saved list of locations, do these places still exist within the program? Also, I don't know if it is just a matter of the particular "shuffle result" of procedurally generated planets, but my prior version of SpaceEngine generated a lot of green colored planets (mainly deserts) with atmospheres of Krypton and Xenon as well as pink titans (as well as more exotic ones like dark green ones). However, in this current version, I haven't stumbled with a single planet with a Xenon or Krypton atmosphere while in the previous version I would find them at a ratio of 1 in 30 or 50 planets aproximatelly. Conversely, Terras were relatively uncommon and now they appear quite often. Is this part of the changed or mere randomness from my part?

Edit: HarbingerDawn told me that the vibrantly green planets were some sort of "debug code" to pinpoint planets that had generated unrealistic atmospheres so, I guess, they weren't normal at all and we are not seeing them anymore generated spontaneously, huh? I guess it's a pitty since they looked really pretty along those really exotic pink Titans.

IdgeliosDate: Monday, 11.04.2016, 14:20 | Message # 2225
Astronaut
United States
Don't chloric worlds give a similar type of atmosphere to the greenworlds?

YantraDate: Monday, 11.04.2016, 17:46 | Message # 2226
Observer
Peru
Quote Idgelios ()
Don't chloric worlds give a similar type of atmosphere to the greenworlds?

Yeah, they do but, at least in the previous version, the hue was more yellowish than actual green. The only planet with "green" skies I have found so far in the current version was one with a Carbon Dioxyde one, but was more a blend between green and yellow, pretty much like our own skies with an slight yellowing hue instead of the vibrant and alien greens I encountered in the previous version. Then again, even in the previous version, worlds with Chlorine atmospheres were relatively rare and I only stumbled with them like 2 or 3 times.

shinyarceus4Date: Monday, 11.04.2016, 19:29 | Message # 2227
Observer
United States
Accretion disks sometimes end up looking like this at certain angles:

I'm fairly sure it's the gravitational lensing effect, since it's also noticeable around neutron stars and white dwarves (though far less so)

MosfetDate: Monday, 11.04.2016, 20:53 | Message # 2228
World Builder
Italy
I wanted to look at Ring Nebula in Lyra, so I searched M 57 because I remembered the Messier number, but I couldn't find it until I actually wrote "ring". Is there a particular reason for some Messier objects to be listed with NGC catalog number and not their more commonly known, at least I think, Messier number?

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

JackDoleDate: Monday, 11.04.2016, 21:35 | Message # 2229
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Mosfet,
the Ring Nebula has the designation NGC 6720. The designation M 57 is missing.

Attachments: 3726588.jpg(167Kb)

Don't forget to look here.

LookAtDatDakkaDate: Monday, 11.04.2016, 22:10 | Message # 2230
Explorer
United States
Quote shinyarceus4 ()
Accretion disks sometimes end up looking like this at certain angles:

I'm fairly sure it's the gravitational lensing effect, since it's also noticeable around neutron stars and white dwarves (though far less so)

Did you update your drivers?

NVIDIA 960 GTX 2048MB

parameciumkidDate: Tuesday, 12.04.2016, 00:17 | Message # 2231
Explorer
United States
^ I have the same problem and check my drivers every two minutes. So it's not an outdated driver issue. I think I heard something about SpaceEngineer looking into it, but in the meantime you can just work around it by nudging the camera a bit.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 12.04.2016, 02:15 | Message # 2232
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
shinyarceus4, what kind of graphics do you have? AMD? Intel?

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

NantesDate: Tuesday, 12.04.2016, 02:40 | Message # 2233
Observer
Group: Newbies
Brazil
Graphical glitch when zooming into the Sirius B star when orbits are activated. The stars flickers rapidly and also changes color to red. Glitches are not present when orbits are disabled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El1vgnw13IM

quarior14Date: Tuesday, 12.04.2016, 09:10 | Message # 2234
World Builder
Pirate
I just tested the new version. I just noticed that it loads all the catalogs, you will no doubt say it is well unless it has several versions of the system, conclusion, the solar system is both a red giant but with 22 planets sheltering life. I looked in universe.cfg but I find this, what I do, I have to put in another Space Engine folder other systems ?

universe.cfg :
Code
// level of logging while loading catalogs:
// 0 - do not log
// 1 - log errors and warnings, using min(CatalogLogLevel, LogLevel) in the catalog file
// 2 - log everything,          using min(CatalogLogLevel, LogLevel) in the catalog file
// 3 - log errors and warnings, ignoring LogLevel value in the catalog file
// 4 - log everything,          ignoring LogLevel value in the catalog file
CatalogLogLevel    2

// level of logging for the *.csv catalog files:
// 0 - do not log
// 1 - log errors and warnings
// 2 - log everything
CsvLogLevel        2

I hope that in the next version, there will be an interface so that we can more easily off the systems.

Quarior

MosfetDate: Tuesday, 12.04.2016, 09:38 | Message # 2235
World Builder
Italy
Quote JackDole ()
the Ring Nebula has the designation NGC 6720. The designation M 57 is missing.

Quote Mosfet ()
Is there a particular reason

I was asking if it's a choice made on purpose and if true, why

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 149 of 221«12147148149150151220221»
Search: