[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 141 of 221«12139140141142143220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
BlueDracheDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 03:24 | Message # 2101
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
Shut off Lens Flares in RC2 ... option is now greyed out and cannot turn back on.

Link to DXDiag64 text: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-4Wg58C_BvRTERBWHR6eU1sd00

Link to SE log file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-4Wg58C_BvRV0Q0Mm8wWXNjNkk

Links will be left up for a maximum of 30 days before removal.

Edited by BlueDrache - Thursday, 07.04.2016, 03:29

n0b0dyDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 06:01 | Message # 2102
Explorer
Pirate
Quote galenmacil ()
ust a side note: Running in 2xSLI mode cause stuttering and skipping. Performance scale negatively with 2xGTX 980... I suppose SLI is not supported officially?

For starters go to Nvidia control panel--> 3d settings --> application profile settings, choose spaceengine (add it if not there already) and disable threaded optimization.

Also as far as I know, SLI is not yet fully supported so try disabling SLI for SpaceEngine as well and see how it goes. 1 GTX 980 should be more then enough to max everything. I am using single GTX-780 6GB VRAM and running 5760x1080 tripple TVs Nvidia surround plus reshade and it runs like a charm smile

Edited by n0b0dy - Thursday, 07.04.2016, 06:04

SalvoDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 06:14 | Message # 2103
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote BlueDrache ()
option is now greyed out and cannot turn back on

It seems like it have been intentionally inserted, but maybe it doesn't work like it should? I don't know.

Quote n0b0dy ()
I am using single GTX-780 6GB VRAM

I have a few NASA programs, could you run them for me? tongue

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

MosfetDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 10:37 | Message # 2104
World Builder
Italy
Heumarkt, what is your graphic card and the VRAM? I think this could help understanding the issue. Did you update the drivers?

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

FireintheholeDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 10:41 | Message # 2105
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
BlueDrache, to turn them on again, see the user.cfg file in the config folder. Change

EnableLensFlareGhosts false
to
EnableLensFlareGhosts true

Love SpaceEngine!

x264fhdbenchmarkDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 11:07 | Message # 2106
Observer
Pirate
It would be great if author could change this unrealistic lense flare behaviour.

https://youtu.be/2aksol38kn4

As you can notice lense flare texture disappears completely when center point of star is covered by some object.
In my opinion this is not very realistic and flare should act more like in this example.

Edited by x264fhdbenchmark - Thursday, 07.04.2016, 11:10

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 11:11 | Message # 2107
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote x264fhdbenchmark ()
It would be great if author could change this unrealistic lense flare behaviour.

Of course it would be nice, but that doesn't mean it would be easy to implement.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 11:27 | Message # 2108
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote n0b0dy ()
So if I install a catalog in addons\catalog folder, don't I need to edit universe.cfg in main config folder? I am confused as config folder is outside data folder. Config folder should ideally be inside data folder to work in parallel with addons folder

Read it again:

- Automatic search for catalog files through default directories - no need to edit the universe.cfg to install a catalog patch, mod or addon

Config folder have no to do with addons. It is a folder for configuration files of the program, it don't need to be paralleled with addons.

Quote yaqdark ()
By the way, I've noticed that sometimes if I do a printscreen, or a screen record, all I get is the menu screen and not what is acutally showing in the game. Possible bug?

Button to save screenshot is F11.

Quote eatthepath ()
Regarding the new addon system: I'd like to be able to remove essentially all catalog objects except galaxies, to make way for a customized fictional galaxy. I script with remove lines for every star in the stock files isn't really practical, is there a recommended way to achieve this under the new system?

LOL what a strange idea. I don't thing there will be many people who want to install such "addon".
There is indeed only one way to do this with addon system - write a huge script with Remove command for each star. I didn't expect what anyone will need such function :)
There is another way - via patch system. Make a pak file, which contains empty files with the same names as default - stars/HIPPARCOS.csv, stars/Stars-bin.sc, etc. Put this file into data/catalogs, and Se will load files from this pak instead of Catalogs0974.pak. But files are empty, so it will load nothing.

Quote Salvo ()
If you change lens flare

What do you mean?

Quote SpaceHopper ()
And one other thing...did you bring back the central stars in planetary nebulas and supernova remnants?

No.

Quote HarbingerDawn ()
Quote SpaceHopper ()
How then would I fix the diameter of galaxies that are already in the catalog, like these:
Make a new "addon" catalog for them, as per the new RC2 addon system, it will automatically override the game file.

More precisely, it will update the script for that galaxy:

Code

Galaxy "NGC 6872"
{
    Radius 160000 // radius of galaxies must be in parsecs
}

save this as .sc file and put it into addons/catalogs/galaxies. You may compress it into zip archive (with the folders) and rename it to .pak

Quote Nirael ()
Hey Guys, I just downloaded the 0.9.7.4 and I was wondering whether I need to apply all the patches one by one and if so, are they all for download in one place somewhere? Thanks!

No, the most recent RC2 is a standalone version with Windows installer.

Quote n0b0dy ()
Regarding the new addons system I've got another question:
If you want for example to make a change in a parameter of e.g. galaxies model.cfg or nebulae model.cfg, can you just include the galaxy/nebula model entry (eg milky way) that you modified and delete all other unchanged entries inside model.cfg? Reason is in order to keep the new model.cfg file small and also make it easier to track changes you make.
Obviously the original model.cfg inside data folder is left untouched

No, modification of the default model is unsupported. Reason is simple - mod must not change generated universe, otherwise we will have a problem in a future online game. Mod may change only visual appearance of a galaxy, but not it's content (ie generated stars). So you may only create a new model. For example, make s script addons/models/galaxies/NewMilkyWay.cfg:

Code

GalaxyModel    "MilkyWay2"
{
    UseForObject    "Milky Way"

FrontTexture    "MilkyWay2.*"
    FrontImage      "MilkyWay2_small.*"

........ other parameters here ........
}

This will replace Milky way model to your new model. If you add UseForType "SBb", new model will be used for some other SBb galaxies (with have no custom model). but if you also add a custom sys texture (for example SysTexture "MilkyWay2_sys.*"), this will change procedural stars in the Milky way and other SBb galaxies, which will lead to changing saved location in MilkyWay and that galaxies and impossibility to share them with other users.

SalvoDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 11:38 | Message # 2109
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
What do you mean?

I mean: if you're near to a star, you open the graphics menu and choose a different effect, the previous one disappears and the new does not appear. (for example you switch from Astroniki's to Duality)

If I could use SE right now I would take a screenshot, I guess I'll edit this post as soon as I will have one.

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

x264fhdbenchmarkDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 11:39 | Message # 2110
Observer
Pirate
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
Of course it would be nice, but that doesn't mean it would be easy to implement.

Really? Scaling texture according to occlusion factor and moving spawn point is that difficult? I'm sure author has done much more complicated coding in his life than my suggestion wink

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 11:43 | Message # 2111
Cosmic Curator
United States
I'm sure author has done much more complicated coding in his life than my suggestion

It's not about that, it's about how much time is required to implement it vs how important it is. I'm sure he'll get around to it at some point, but I wouldn't expect it to be tomorrow.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 11:53 | Message # 2112
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote Irigi ()
I would like to share a behaviour I think is a bug. It is shown on this video. I selected a planet in a star system as a target for hyperjump autopilot. From bigger distance, it worked nicely, but closer, the autopilot seems to be stuck and unable to direct the ship towards the planet. Please let me know if you need additional info. (Save file, perhaps?) Or is this an intented behavior? (Warp field cannot be used closer than certain distance?)

This is because your absolute speed is just 100 m/s. Planet is moving, and quickly goes away from the direction of warp. So autopilot stop warping and corrects the speed vector. Try to use bigger initial velocity.

Quote Irigi ()
At this opportunity, I would like to ask you about the physics of the warping in current version. I understand that the warp field (Alcubierre bubble?) enhances the velocity by certain warp factor. At the beginning of the maneuver, the autopilot changes direction of the velocity towards the target. The velocity seems to always be 10 km/s, only the direction changes. Am I correct, or have I misunderstood anything?

Yes, you are correct.

Quote Irigi ()
And if I am right, relative to what object is this velocity measured?

Relative to global cosmological reference frame (reference frame, where dipole anisotropy of the CMBR (cosmic microwave background radiation) is zero). But for now, galaxies and stars in SE do not moving, so their velocity relative to this reference frame (and relative to each other) are zero. In future, I'ii add stars velocity, and using warp drive will be much more complex (Sun's velocity relative CMBR is 370 km/s).

Two things are still annoying in latest version.
1) You can see what is below surface of the planet

I see you have some weird issue with the planet in the sky. Do you have updated AND drivers? It seems SE don't use reversed depth buffer - this is why you see through the terrain. Can you send a log file?
I moved ClipHeight to main.cfg, it will changed to 0.01 for Intel automatically.

2) RivaTuner OSD is being constantly moved off screen during "loading"

Sorry, this is not my problem smile Report this bug to RivaTuner manufacturer :)

Quote galenmacil ()
1.9.7.4 RC2 installed without any issue on Windows 10 64 bit. Did some exploration and the engine seems to behave correctly. No weird slow down or glitches so far.

Thanks!

Quote galenmacil ()
Just a side note: Running in 2xSLI mode cause stuttering and skipping. Performance scale negatively with 2xGTX 980... I suppose SLI is not supported officially?

I also have "negative improvement" with 2 x GTX 780. OpenGL don't like multithreading with shared contexts (what used in SE), and SLI don't like OpenGL. Making engine compatible with SLI is not easy even on DirectX. I will work on it in future, first step will be getting rid of shared contexts.
But at lease SE works in SLI without artefacts smile Unlike AMD Corssfire.

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 12:04 | Message # 2113
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote Heumarkt ()
On my new system (i7 skylake, 16 GB DDR4, Win7 64) I turned off the windows page file to increase performance and prolong SSD life (a SSD can only handle so much write operations within its lifetime). So far so good. 99% of the programs don't have any problem with that. Unfortunately SE seems to be in the 1%.

It's not safe to completely disable page file in Windows, even if you have 32 GB of RAM. Better to move it on HDD, if you want to save SSD.

Really? Scaling texture according to occlusion factor and moving spawn point is that difficult? I'm sure author has done much more complicated coding in his life than my suggestion

Yes this is not easy. It's easy for the edges of the screen, but if star is occluded by a planet? It could be occluded by parts of the ship from two sides. How ever you can know where is occluder relative to a star?
The better way to solve this is implementing another algorithm for lens flares. This will be in future.

x264fhdbenchmarkDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 12:28 | Message # 2114
Observer
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
I see you have some weird issue with the planet in the sky. Do you have updated AND drivers? It seems SE don't use reversed depth buffer - this is why you see through the terrain. Can you send a log file?
I moved ClipHeight to main.cfg, it will changed to 0.01 for Intel automatically.

here you go
http://paste.ofcode.org/38Kr55T5fyZJSfkubv4hYLu

yes earth like planets have been always like this on this gpu. Yes I have latest drivers. I guess my ancient GPU does not support some extensions :(

Edited by x264fhdbenchmark - Thursday, 07.04.2016, 12:41

FireintheholeDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 15:01 | Message # 2115
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Quote HarbingerDawn ()

It's already present in the simple mode of lens flares.

Love SpaceEngine!

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 141 of 221«12139140141142143220221»
Search: