[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 140 of 221«12138139140141142220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
IrigiDate: Wednesday, 06.04.2016, 16:03 | Message # 2086
Observer
Group: Users
Czech Republic
Hello all! I just downloaded the new version of Space Engine and I am playing with the space ships. The warp bubble is amazing! It is a very nice surprise.

I would like to share a behaviour I think is a bug. It is shown on this video. I selected a planet in a star system as a target for hyperjump autopilot. From bigger distance, it worked nicely, but closer, the autopilot seems to be stuck and unable to direct the ship towards the planet. Please let me know if you need additional info. (Save file, perhaps?) Or is this an intented behavior? (Warp field cannot be used closer than certain distance?)

At this opportunity, I would like to ask you about the physics of the warping in current version. I understand that the warp field (Alcubierre bubble?) enhances the velocity by certain warp factor. At the beginning of the maneuver, the autopilot changes direction of the velocity towards the target. The velocity seems to always be 10 km/s, only the direction changes. Am I correct, or have I misunderstood anything?

And if I am right, relative to what object is this velocity measured? It is relative to some "global galaxy reference frame"? If it is relative to the target star, I would assume then that when selecting different stars as targets, the autopilot would have to at first sync the velocity with the ship with the velocity of the star, which would be different for every star. But it seems it is only changing direction of the 10 km/s global velocity vector, and not syncing with the target star velocity. Is this correct? Thank you in advance for explaining!

Edited by Irigi - Wednesday, 06.04.2016, 16:16

r3dw1ngDate: Wednesday, 06.04.2016, 16:34 | Message # 2087
Observer
Group: Newbies
France
RC2 is amazing !! Many fixes & performance tweaks (runs better than RC1 for me) better visuals, ship controls and new sounds and music. Great work wink

Player1Date: Wednesday, 06.04.2016, 16:39 | Message # 2088
Astronaut
Mexico
Quote Irigi ()
I selected a planet in a star system as a target for hyperjump autopilot. From bigger distance, it worked nicely, but closer, the autopilot seems to be stuck and unable to direct the ship towards the planet.

It happens to me too. There's something you can do to avoid this waste of time: Select the system (the system, not the star)as target, activate the hyperjump autopilot and when it takes you to the system, u select the specific planet you want to go, and activate the hyperjump again. That will leave you a thousand kilometers away, but the bug will propably dissappear if you make it this way. It works for me, at least...

Quote Irigi ()
At the beginning of the maneuver, the autopilot changes direction of the velocity towards the target. The velocity seems to always be 10 km/s, only the direction changes. Am I correct, or have I misunderstood anything?

I don't put attention in that kind of details, but I think you're right .-. In 0.972 the ship didn't do that, and that means the ship will arrive with overspeed or collision course. In the 0.974 it doesn't happen to me because the ship's autopilot does the things "right"

I don't know anything else than I already told you, I'm new in SE 0.97 (1 year) and the forum (8 months)

"We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in the stars, now we just look down and worry about our place in the dirt"
-Joseph Cooper, "Interstellar"

x264fhdbenchmarkDate: Wednesday, 06.04.2016, 18:38 | Message # 2089
Observer
Pirate
Two things are still annoying in latest version.
1) You can see what is below surface of the planet
2) RivaTuner OSD is being constantly moved off screen during "loading"

See here
https://youtu.be/7nFggOZInlI

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 06.04.2016, 20:09 | Message # 2090
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote x264fhdbenchmark ()
1) You can see what is below surface of the planet

I don't have this issue. What video card do you have? Maybe it doesn't support the reversed depth buffer. Anyway you can fix that issue by changing ClipHeight to something like 0.005 or 0.01 in user.cfg.

2) RivaTuner OSD is being constantly moved off screen during "loading"

Yes, this annoys me too...

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

jkirchmanDate: Wednesday, 06.04.2016, 20:32 | Message # 2091
Observer
Pirate
I can't wait for full release. Maybe this will be implemented in the official release, but as an astronomer I will not agree that black holes are physically accurate until I see these tongue :

Anyway, space engine is beautiful as always biggrin

Edited by jkirchman - Wednesday, 06.04.2016, 20:32

x264fhdbenchmarkDate: Wednesday, 06.04.2016, 20:33 | Message # 2092
Observer
Pirate
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
don't have this issue. What video card do you have? Maybe it doesn't support the reversed depth buffer. Anyway you can fix that issue by changing ClipHeight to something like 0.005 or 0.01 in user.cfg.

Radeon 4850.

0.01 is first good value for flat areas and hills in my case.

the_nerervarineDate: Wednesday, 06.04.2016, 22:53 | Message # 2093
Space Pilot
United States
Radeon 4850.

0.01 is first good value for flat areas and hills in my case.

Even though the 4850 is a dated card it was still a very good one and should run SE like a champ,

AMD FX-8320 8 core @4.0ghz , AMD R9 290 4GB, 8GB DDR3 @1866mhz, 1TB Hard Drive

galenmacilDate: Wednesday, 06.04.2016, 23:19 | Message # 2094
Observer
Pirate
1.9.7.4 RC2 installed without any issue on Windows 10 64 bit. Did some exploration and the engine seems to behave correctly. No weird slow down or glitches so far.

Just a side note: Running in 2xSLI mode cause stuttering and skipping. Performance scale negatively with 2xGTX 980... I suppose SLI is not supported officially?

Edited by galenmacil - Wednesday, 06.04.2016, 23:21

RedRuinDate: Wednesday, 06.04.2016, 23:56 | Message # 2095
Space Tourist
United States
I have a question regarding the reflections of light off of the surface, mostly aesthetic. In the current version RC2 the specular is located on the opposite side of the camera, away from the sun.

Now, for extreme angles such as the rise of mountains, this would make sense, as the surface is more perpendicular to it's light source, and would hence be brighter. But on mostly flat terrain, shouldn't there be another specular like in previous versions, in between the player and the light source? Something like this?

RedRuinDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 00:06 | Message # 2096
Space Tourist
United States
Oh and great job, Space engineer, the "3D" surfaces make it look so much more realistic than previous versions. Now we just need accurate shadow maps and the simulation will have reached new levels of quality biggrin

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 00:20 | Message # 2097
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote RedRuin ()
In the current version RC2 the specular is located on the opposite side of the camera, away from the sun.

That's not a specular reflection, it's called opposition surge, and it's not new to this version.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

RedRuinDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 01:18 | Message # 2098
Space Tourist
United States
Huh. Interesting, I wasn't aware of such an effect. Thank you.

HeumarktDate: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 01:45 | Message # 2099
Observer
Germany
Hey guys!

Long time lurker here. First let me say: SE is AMAZING and it's unbelievable what the author has done. Big fan.

I cannot open a new thread whatsoever, so I'll post here: I'm having a question/trouble concerning SE crashes related the windows page file options.

On my new system (i7 skylake, 16 GB DDR4, Win7 64) I turned off the windows page file to increase performance and prolong SSD life (a SSD can only handle so much write operations within its lifetime). So far so good. 99% of the programs don't have any problem with that. Unfortunately SE seems to be in the 1%.
While I have page file turned off, SE crashes after a few minutes. As soon as I turn on page file again, SE doesn't crash anymore. This is reproducable with my old rig (Core 2 Quad) as well.
The system is multi-hour prime stable.

So it seems, SE either uses the page file in a weird way or it has some kind of memory hole, it think reserved memory has a part in the crashes. Has anyone experience with this kind of behavior or problem? Is a fix possible? Or are guys of you running SE smoothely for long times with page file disabled?

Thanks a lot!
Cal

djdiego_90Date: Thursday, 07.04.2016, 03:23 | Message # 2100
Observer
Pirate
[SOLVED] Nevermind... Just updated the graphic card drivers and everything fine, sorry ^^'

I'm having some graphical issues with this version (v 0.9.7.3 works just fine) where some planets looks as in these pictures...

Sorry if this isn't the right thread to post this, but I didn't find anything about how to solve this particular problem, and as version 0.9.7.3 works with no issues I guess that it's related to this version... I've already tried to delete the cache folder and no results, I use WinXP and my graphic card is a NVidia Geforce GT 430... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by djdiego_90 - Thursday, 07.04.2016, 04:02

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 140 of 221«12138139140141142220221»
Search: