[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 137 of 221«12135136137138139220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
TheGreatAttractorDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 00:37 | Message # 2041
Space Tourist
Group: Users
United States
none of the downloads are working for me. They all take ridiculously long amounts of time. the shortest one was #2, which kept changing between 2 and 3 hours.
EDIT: Never mind I got it to work.

Edited by TheGreatAttractor - Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 00:51

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 01:49 | Message # 2042
Pioneer
United States
I was looking through some of the shader mod files I had in RC1 before migrating over to RC2, and I noticed that some of them have "/**/". What exactly do those do?

Edit: Also, when adding a custom context.cfg to addons>music, do I need to include the pre-existing definitions from the one in the data>music folder, or will the game automatically include them? And can objects be renamed (Such as renaming Earth to "Gaia")?

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 02:28

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 03:20 | Message # 2043
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
I noticed that some of them have "/**/". What exactly do those do?

/* and */ denote block comments. /* begins the comment and */ ends it. /**/ is effectively a comment with no content.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Player1Date: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 03:25 | Message # 2044
Astronaut
Mexico
Quote Mosfet ()
And when the autopilot says it warps, it really warps to death, I crashed on the planet.

Don't activate warp if you're going too fast. In 0.972 and 0.973 you could avoid crashing with planets breaking to 555 +-1 m/s before activating hyperjump. I don't know if this still being useful with 0.974. You should try out wink

"We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in the stars, now we just look down and worry about our place in the dirt"
-Joseph Cooper, "Interstellar"

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 03:52 | Message # 2045
Pioneer
United States
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
/* and */ denote block comments. /* begins the comment and */ ends it. /**/ is effectively a comment with no content.

That makes sense, thank you. :)

In an unrelated issue, I'm trying to tweak the Solar System to my preferences, however even though I use "remove" declarations, the game keeps re-assigning the old parameters to the new bodies meant to replace them. For example, with Venus, I'm telling the game to only use the existing bumpmap for the surface, with the textures being generated procedurally. However, even though it is a terra with oceans, there is no way to achieve the Terraformed affect like with Mars. It also still uses the base "JVV" diffmap, as well as the original venus clouds for the bottom clouds layer.

Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this?

Edit: Also, how do I completely remove a binary star? The Remove parameters work for the individual stars, but the RemoveStar refuses to remove the actual system; the game will place the original star in its old spot complete with procedural planets.

Regardless, RC2 looks really nice! Good job! smile

Attachments: 7054496.jpg(153Kb) · tmp_24106-Venus.sc(3Kb) · tmp_24106-Solar.sc(34Kb) · tmp_24106-se-13.log(53Kb)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 09:37

lolcats12345Date: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 07:02 | Message # 2046
Observer
United States
ive noticed that controlling the free camera has been a bit weird (at least for me) in the RC2 update.

Edited by lolcats12345 - Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 07:02

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 08:35 | Message # 2047
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
PlutonianEmpire,

Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
I noticed that some of them have "/**/". What exactly do those do?

I use these characters to temporarily activate a block of code that is actually disabled. So I mark it as possibly only a temporary solution. I could imagine that other programmers do the same.

Deaktiviert: (comment block)
Code
    /*
    Clouds
    {
        DiffMapAlpha    "Transp"
    }
    */

Aktiviert: (no comment block)
Code
    /**/
    Clouds
    {
        DiffMapAlpha    "Transp"
    }
    /**/

Don't forget to look here.

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 09:38 | Message # 2048
Pioneer
United States
JackDole, that makes sense, thank you! smile

Lucas0231Date: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 10:09 | Message # 2049
Explorer
France
I've tested few addons, but none addons works.

My addons folder :

Thank you in advance for any solutions.

("Phoenix's worlds" is an addon in developpement)

Edited by Lucas0231 - Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 10:10

ProteusDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 10:22 | Message # 2050
Explorer
United States
Quote Proteus ()
- Most planets in the system browser still do not show up (did I understand this to be a bug with the atmosphere models doing this?)

- New ship warp system development is nice, though while the "go to" or the "jump to" features do attempt to work, neither of them let the ship actually arrive at any destination. The jump to seems to hit a wall some light years away from any planet, while the Go To fails to slow the ship down in time to make a stop, resulting in catapulting past it, back out into interstellar space and spins out of control.

Update:
System Browser: Whatever happened above, only seemed to happen the first run through. After closing it and opening it again later, all planets seemed to render in the system browser fine. I suppose my rig was just lagging a lot last time to load them in, much like it did with the atmospheres when I was landed on a couple of the planets.

Ships: Now ships are starting to behave a little better now too, although I'm still running into this .79AU distance barrier when trying to hyperjump to a planet from within a system. Though if I disengage hyperjump and then retroburn to a hault and try again, it then works.
I'm still learning how the ship navigations work in general, so you mgiht find me asking around somewhere about how to do certain (probably basic) things.

speaking of which - has that cheatmode dialogue been removed? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Edited by Proteus - Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 10:26

MosfetDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 10:55 | Message # 2051
World Builder
Italy
Great JackDole!
Quote JackDole ()
The problem lies in the 'fra-db.cfg'

I changed accordingly ita-db.cfg as you did, but it didn't worked.

But it did when I changed from:
Code

RObject
{
    Name    "Sol"
    LocName "Sole"

To:
Code

RObject
{
    LocName "Sole"
    Name    "Sun"
    Parent    "Sol"

Here attached the working file.

Attachments: ita-db.cfg(15Kb)

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 12:11 | Message # 2052
Star Engineer
Germany
Mosfet,
let's see if I can explain this correctly.

The English name which SE in the database searches is: 'The Sun'.
Then SE looks whether there is a local name 'LocName'.
If it does not find this name, SE used the English standard.

The same effect that you achieved with your change, you reach, by complet removal of the section of the sun.
This you can see when you open the 'Wiki' window. There is no information for the sun because SE has not found what it searches.

I suspect that there are more problems with of the Italian localization.

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 12:49 | Message # 2053
Star Engineer
Germany
Mosfet,
try this version. Seems to work!

Oh, I can neither French nor Italian. Perhaps the term 'Sistema solare', which I have taken for 'Solar System', is not entirely correct. dry

Attachments: ita-db-ed-.cfg(16Kb)

Edited by JackDole - Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 13:01

MosfetDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 13:36 | Message # 2054
World Builder
Italy
JackDole, I see. In fact, by doing so shift-H points to the Earth, but wiki infos are not loaded. In eng-db.cfg the entry is
RObject
{
LocName "Sun"
Name "Sol"

which I used early.
Instead, using as Name "The Sun" broke the shift-H, and wiki infos were displayed correctly.

I changed the local name in "Sol" by editing the wiki, in ita-db.cfg the new entry is:
Code
RObject
{
    LocName "Sol"
    Name    "The Sun"
    Parent    "Sol"

Then wiki infos are displayed correctly, and shift-H points to the Earth again.
Yeah, probably something... lost in translation. I'll stay with the latin name as local name for the moment, close enough.

Edit:
I see you posted a modified cfg in the meantime. Wiki infos are displayed but unfortunately shift-H doesn't point to Earth.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 13:44

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 14:13 | Message # 2055
Star Engineer
Germany
Quote Mosfet ()
unfortunately shift-H doesn't point to Earth

I do not understand that. sad
For me it does.
Once 'Shift-H' 'Via lattea / Milky Way' twice 'Shift-H' 'Sistema solare / Sol / The Sun', three 'Shift-H' 'Terra / Earth'!

Do you have any unusual messages on the console, or in the se.log?

Edited by JackDole - Tuesday, 05.04.2016, 14:17

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 137 of 221«12135136137138139220221»
Search: