Page 134 of 221«12132133134135136220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
FireintheholeDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 08:25 | Message # 1996
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
There are two stars named Alnitak in Orion, and the belt is distorted:

Capella seems to be missing. It is, however, selectable and does show up once you fly to it.

Love SpaceEngine!

CygnusiaX1Date: Monday, 04.04.2016, 08:38 | Message # 1997
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
I have a quick question...

With the new add-on system, how do we incorporate our outside data into the new version (the hires planet textures, new galaxies, catalog entries, shaders, etc...) Do we pack them in zips (with the changed extension, of course) and just plunk 'em in the folder? Or do we need to do anything else to make SE understand that these are textures, new entries for models, catalogs, so on and so forth?

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 09:55 | Message # 1998
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote ZackG ()
EDIT: I found a bug that there are duplicates of the star Alnitak. the duplicate is near Saiph, the workaround that I found was that the clone was part of the Hipparcos catalog CSV so I remove the Alnitak data from there. Here is the edited catalog. just put this in your catalog.pak and replace.

Very, very bad idea. You must never touch the game files. If you want to make a patch, simply save an updated csv file into data/catalogs/stars (you could zip in and rename to .pak). This is correct way. Modifying default game files is incorrect, or "bad taste" way.
Another way instead if editing csv - make a .sc script with Remove "Alnitak" and Remove "whatever name have it's duplicate", and new entry Star "Alnitak" (copy from BinStars.sc). This will patch the original catalog.

Quote CygnusiaX1 ()
With the new add-on system, how do we incorporate our outside data into the new version (the hires planet textures, new galaxies, catalog entries, shaders, etc...) Do we pack them in zips (with the changed extension, of course) and just plunk 'em in the folder? Or do we need to do anything else to make SE understand that these are textures, new entries for models, catalogs, so on and so forth?

You should follow the folder structure inside addons subfolder:
addons/catalogs/stars/
addons/catalogs/planets/
addons/catalogs/galaxies/
addons/textures/planets/
addons/textures/spacecraft/
etc

You may zip or may not zip files - to your decision. Here is example of correctly made addon (Interstellar ships and system): files in folders are packed into single pak file. Jut save this file into addons folder.

SE now automatically loads all .sc scripts for planets, stars etc. No need to add them to universe.cfg. The same for galaxy/nebula models and atmosphere models (yes you can add your own atmosphere model to your mod).

I will update addon-making tutorials on the forum after 0.974 release.

Old Solar system texture packs will work - just move them into addons/textures/planets/Earth etc.

yaqdarkDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 10:14 | Message # 1999
Astronaut
Group: Users
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
LOL. Yes, it works.

Taking into account this, it's possible what I must take my words back. It's better to change to Vive, and completely remove Oculus support.

Please make it work man, no rush, but one day please do. I can't imagine not flying around your universe without the rift forever.

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 10:18 | Message # 2000
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote yaqdark ()
Please make it work man, no rush, but one day please do. I can't imagine not flying around your universe without the rift forever.

LOL what a panic! I will make Oculus support, calm down!

FireintheholeDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 10:22 | Message # 2001
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
I can't get planetshine to work on Solar System planets. Procedural planets work just fine though.

Love SpaceEngine!

Pjj56Date: Monday, 04.04.2016, 10:59 | Message # 2002
Observer
United Kingdom
Trying out RC2 - the performance seems to be much better for me than RC1, which had a lot of stuttering. A couple of bugs though:

- I get weird effects sometimes when night-side lights are enabled, see this video.

- Not sure if it's due to out-of-date localisations, but the spacing after "Number of satellites" is too small:

Attachments: 2204256.jpg(425Kb)

System: Windows 10, i5 3570k OC @ 4.2GHz, AMD HD7850 (2GB VRAM), 16GB RAM

Edited by Pjj56 - Monday, 04.04.2016, 11:01

DarkenTerraDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 11:50 | Message # 2003
Astronaut
China
Quote Donatelo200 ()
Actually the volcanoes and flows are behaving quite strangely.

This bug actrually appeared in the first version of 0.9.7.4, but it still hasn't been repaired until now. cry
So I guess the Author might be preparing to "create"new types of volcanoes to replace the current ones wacko

Who am I ?

tovrin01Date: Monday, 04.04.2016, 11:51 | Message # 2004
Observer
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
LOL what a panic! I will make Oculus support, calm down!

Thank you. Thank you. All praise the great SpaceEngineer! smile

CanleskisDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 12:56 | Message # 2005
Space Pilot
Pirate
I got a nice surprise today, i didn't know ships now had sounds, that's very cool! biggrin

Edited by Canleskis - Monday, 04.04.2016, 13:10

MosfetDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 13:35 | Message # 2006
World Builder
Italy
so far nothing troubling. And the autopilot is, wow. And say goodbye to my work day.
Some translation to fix, a nice thing to do in international forum sections.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Monday, 04.04.2016, 13:39

SaturnsMoonTitanDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 13:42 | Message # 2007
Observer
United Kingdom
Found a bug or two in RC2:

There's a ridiculous amount of crater basins on Titans. Also, I can't find a single Titan with terrestrial life- unicellular or multicellular. I used the search function to do seven 100 ly searches across the milky way and it didn't find a single one.

Also I think the bug where storms would get cut in half is back. I found a gas giant with seven Great Red Spots, three of which were cut in half. Restarting game doesn't fix it. The planet is RS 8476-3604-7-1073543-551 9

Edited by SaturnsMoonTitan - Monday, 04.04.2016, 13:51

masterchief117kdDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 13:52 | Message # 2008
Astronaut
Canada
i have found a glitch the textures are gone one this one it's a moon orbiting a gas giant is it a glitch or no i don't know
Attachments: 9150122.jpg(116Kb)

Edited by masterchief117kd - Monday, 04.04.2016, 14:03

The_BlazerDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 13:53 | Message # 2009
Space Tourist
Italy
Just downloaded and played RC2 a bit, here are my first impressions:

As a tweak-all-the-settings junkie the first thing I noticed is that the terrain detail slider now only goes up to 1.0, instead of the old 2.0. Does this mean that maximum terrain quality has been permanently lowered, or that 1.0 in rc2 is equivalent to the "old" 2.0?

Two other things: firstly, there seems to be a bug where the terrain/planet appears to be shaking if you are extremely close to the ground (1-5 meters). I know that currently SE really isn't meant to be played at this scale, but since this bug didn't exist in rc1 I think it is worth reporting. EDIT: Here is a gif of the shaking bug in action, which is especially evident with water reflections. When the time is paused it looks normal, then when time is unpaused and run at x1 speed, the glow on the water appears to be shaking and changing position, as if the planet was shaking relative to its star. It is especially obvious near the horizon.

Secondly, can the new "smooth" free camera be disabled with some setting or config tweak? As much as I love smooth everything, freecam smoothing seems to be too inconsistent and floaty IMO, playing with it is annoying, frankly. It feels sort of like mouse acceleration in bad console ports.

By the way, the new bump-mapped planet textures are amazing. They add so much depth to the surface, it's wonderful. Also, thanks for fixing the music player crash bug, I can now skip through 20 tracks safely!

Born too early to explore space... But just in time for Space Engine.

PC Specs:
GTX 770 (2GB VRAM) - i5 4570 - 8GB RAM

Edited by The_Blazer - Monday, 04.04.2016, 14:24

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 14:43 | Message # 2010
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote ZackG ()
Bad idea. that community is toxic as hell.

Name a place SE could go that has a great community. Seriously, name one. This is the internet, ALL gaming communities over a certain population are toxic.

Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
Since I have a low end machine (see my sig for specs), do I need to limit or minimize the number of times I install a new patch or version of SE?

No, why would that matter?

Quote The_Blazer ()
I noticed is that the terrain detail slider now only goes up to 1.0, instead of the old 2.0. Does this mean that maximum terrain quality has been permanently lowered

Read the changelog. The max LOD you can set via the GUI is 1, but any LOD can be set by the console.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 134 of 221«12132133134135136220221»
Search: