[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 133 of 221«12131132133134135220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
ZackGDate: Sunday, 03.04.2016, 12:27 | Message # 1981
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
Got a bug for you. the black hole GRS 1925+105 A is inside its parent star. wacko

MOBO:ASUS Sabertooth Mark I
CPU:Intel I7 4790 3.6Ghz
GPU:NVIDIA GTX960 4GB
Memory:32GB 1600Mhz (Corsair 4x8GB)

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 03.04.2016, 14:27 | Message # 1982
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote sinsforeal ()
SpaceEngineer, Do have access to the DK2/CV1/Vive?

I have DK1 and DK2. But they seems became useless soon. Facebook is killing Oculus.

Quote yaqdark ()
Did I ever tell you that I love you? :D
Also did you find my runtime switcher useful?
https://www.reddit.com/r....ith_gui

LOL. Yes, it works.

Taking into account this, it's possible what I must take my words back. It's better to change to Vive, and completely remove Oculus support.

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 03.04.2016, 15:40 | Message # 1983
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Taking into account this, it's possible what I must take my words back. It's better to change to Vive, and completely remove Oculus support.

Let's hope that Microsoft does not come any ideas.
For example: Every book that has been created with Word may be marketed by Microsoft. Without permission.

Even better, anything that has been created on a computer with Windows may be used by Microsoft as desired.
And of course, from the manufacturer of the computer!

And who buys the next time a hammer, should carefully read the terms and conditions for this purchase. Otherwise it could happen if he uses this hammer to build a house that the manufacturer of the hammer sends him lodgers in the house!

Don't forget to look here.

sinsforealDate: Sunday, 03.04.2016, 16:20 | Message # 1984
Space Pilot
United States
SpaceEngineer, Can you even get access to the vive in russia because I am assuming that you are not liking facebook's control of the rift.

And the fact that they could take control of this project is very scary. I am glad you are switching.

"Man once looked up at the stars and wondered, Now all we do is look at our hands and hesitate"

Edited by sinsforeal - Sunday, 03.04.2016, 16:22

MosfetDate: Sunday, 03.04.2016, 16:45 | Message # 1985
World Builder
Italy
well it's not that he's using Oculus to create content for SE, it's the other way around. But I agree that those ToS can be inherently used in a whole new array of wrong and scary ways.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Sunday, 03.04.2016, 16:46

Destructor1701Date: Monday, 04.04.2016, 00:57 | Message # 1986
Pioneer
Ireland
Isn't this clause limited to the case of you uploading or distributing your software through their Steam-a-like catalogue/client/program/site/thing/whatever? Is it not possible to bypass that and output to the Rift without their software? In that case, they could stake no claim, right?

Unbelievably slimy behaviour - even for Facebook.

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 01:31 | Message # 1987
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
New version of 0.9.7.4, release candidate 2. I hope this is a last RC before release. The only things needed is updated translations, and maybe some minor bugfixes.

Download SE 0.974 RC2 (1.3 GB)
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3
Mirror 4

Installation instructions:
  • Run installer and follow instruction. Please report success or failure of installing/run on Windows 8.1 and 10.
  • double-click on desktop icon to run SE.

Disclaimer
    This is a beta version, it have many bugs almost release version, it must have as less bugs as possible. Please report bugs here, in this thread.

Updates will be shared in this thread, and also in this first post.

Known issues:
  • Sagittarius A* black hole located not exactly in the canter of the Milky Way galaxy, as other real galactic black holes
  • Various glitches with ships physics and autopilot logic are possible, especially if time is accelerated
  • Exoplanet catalog is slightly out of date
  • All localizations except Russian are out of date

Full changelog for 0.9.7.4 RC2 (04 April 2016)

Do not open, it is too loooong! :)
    This is the most long changelog in SE history ever.

•  
    werdnaforeverDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 01:53 | Message # 1988
    World Builder
    United States
    I cant wait to try this out!

PlutonianEmpireDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 02:38 | Message # 1989
    Pioneer
    United States
    Since I have a low end machine (see my sig for specs), do I need to limit or minimize the number of times I install a new patch or version of SE?

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

ZackGDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 03:43 | Message # 1990
    Space Pilot
    United States
    Got a problem. apparently pressing F2 that brings the planet list appears to be flickering like it keeps rendering over and over.

Edited by ZackG - Monday, 04.04.2016, 03:44

sinsforealDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 04:01 | Message # 1991
    Space Pilot
    United States
    SpaceEngineer, So from this point on will you be working to get this on steam or will you still work because you have not completed everything in the planned features thread?

"Man once looked up at the stars and wondered, Now all we do is look at our hands and hesitate"

ZackGDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 04:30 | Message # 1992
    Space Pilot
    United States
    Quote sinsforeal ()
    SpaceEngineer, So from this point on will you be working to get this on steam or will you still work because you have not completed everything in the planned features thread?

Bad idea. that community is toxic as hell.

EDIT: I found a bug that there are duplicates of the star Alnitak. the duplicate is near Saiph, the workaround that I found was that the clone was part of the Hipparcos catalog CSV so I remove the Alnitak data from there. Here is the edited catalog. just put this in your catalog.pak and replace.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6yjjcja0qoz55n/HIPPARCOS.zip?dl=0

Edited by ZackG - Monday, 04.04.2016, 05:49

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 06:30 | Message # 1993
    Galaxy Architect
    Group: Global Moderators
    Pirate
    Quote ZackG ()
    Bad idea. that community is toxic as hell.

Steam is also the largest digital distribution platform and would give SE a massive new audience. I think the positives outweigh any negatives.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
    G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

IdgeliosDate: Monday, 04.04.2016, 06:52 | Message # 1994
    Astronaut
    United States
    Yay! Oxygen on procedural terras helps with my sanity. The universe in RC1 hsd a hellish universe where barely any life grew and it seemed every other star system had worlds full of deadly chlorine. Now the universe is a much more sane place. I think even the brown dwarf distribution was addressed because I noticed in the star browser that there's many more red dwarves than brown dwarves even when combining all three classes of brown dwarf.

On the standpoint of troubles, procedural stars have a visual bug where their glowing dot spites do not render.

tovrin01Date: Monday, 04.04.2016, 07:51 | Message # 1995
    Observer
    Group: Newbies
    Pirate
    Long time lurker. First time poster.

Quote SpaceEngineer ()

For the love of God, please don't. There's a lot of FUD being spread about the user agreement for Oculus, very little of it is true. Gizmodo tend to get most of their information from reddit which we know is a hotbed of fanboism right now. If you abandon the Rift now, you're hurting your fanbase .... many of whom have donated to the cause.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
    Page 133 of 221«12131132133134135220221»
    Search: