[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 117 of 221«12115116117118119220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
LookAtDatDakkaDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 04:34 | Message # 1741
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Will Space Engine support Vulkan which was released few weeks ago?

NVIDIA 960 GTX 2048MB

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 10:14 | Message # 1742
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote MajorTom ()
Hi Spaceenginer,
another question..... the all planet textures in addons... can u link to another site maybe called "uploaded" or another hoster? Here in Germany ANY person they used torrents is in fact a criminal by law. many lawyer search people in germany they share files over torrent and send them an statement of claim (by an Datavolume from 32GB most likely) ... for my person i will download the textures but no chance over torrent.... is there any way?

OMG really? What a stupid laws... Here in Russia we are going in the same direction, blocking out Internet, censouring everything and making everything illegal... It's time to look for another planet.
Anyway, you can download individual files for each planet by direct links, they are on the download page. For example, Earth: http://en.spaceengine.org/load/additional/earth/3-1-0-20

MajorTomDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 11:16 | Message # 1743
Space Tourist
Germany
SpaceEngineer,

thx for your answer... i downloaded the actually textures by your links.... in future i will uploaded a 7zip file with the textures on uploaded.net.....

Win 7 64bit, Intel i5, 3GHz, 4GB RAM, HD2500 Onboard. 0.974_RC3 works very good
Win 7 64bit, AMD X4 955, 3,4GHz, 8 GB RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX960 DC2OC. 0.974_RC3 works very good

SalvoDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 13:59 | Message # 1744
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
It's time to look for another planet.

I guess it's easier to just change country biggrin

Quote LookAtDatDakka ()
Will Space Engine support Vulkan which was released few weeks ago?

SpaceEngine is already based on OpenGL, SpaceEngineer should modify the whole program for that wacko

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

second-ichDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 16:01 | Message # 1745
Space Pilot
Germany
Quote MajorTom ()
Here in Germany ANY person they used torrents is in fact a criminal by law. many lawyer search people in germany they share files over torrent and send them an statement of claim (by an Datavolume from 32GB most likely)

This is not correct, using torrent in Germany is legal (depending on the files you are sharing) however some providers have a data restriction for peer to peer.

Also whether lawyer nor the police is allowed to put up honeypots, provide illegal files to turn you in.

Edited by second-ich - Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 16:03

The_BlazerDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 17:48 | Message # 1746
Space Tourist
Italy
Quote second-ich ()
using torrent in Germany is legal

What about seeding? If seeding (but not leeching) is illegal, it is very possible that people may have gotten charged for seeding without knowing it, because almost all torrent clients will automatically seed while/after leeching without informing the user. Not to say that making seeding illegal is right (in fact, it is insane, torrents are just another way to exchange files, what's next, making CTRL+C illegal because it allows you to make copies of copyrighted music?).

Back onto Space Engine. I'm just curious, are there any particular plans for the direction of development after the release of 0.974? What about the poll?

EDIT: I've got an actual bug report. It (apparently) concerns the in-game recording tool only. Recording with a very high level of detail (+2.0 in my case, which works fine for normal gameplay (as long as nVidia Shadowplay is disabled) causes clouds to appear broken. I've tested this with different codecs and it happens either way. On the other hand, lower LODs look "fine" (as in, not broken). Here are two stills from videos recorded with +2.0 and -2.0 LOD settings.

Born too early to explore space... But just in time for Space Engine.

PC Specs:
GTX 770 (2GB VRAM) - i5 4570 - 8GB RAM

Edited by The_Blazer - Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 20:49

second-ichDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 19:04 | Message # 1747
Space Pilot
Germany
Quote The_Blazer ()
What about seeding?

There is no problem with it, as long the content is legal (like your own program or a picture of your backyard). Even Microsoft uses a peer to peer network to distribute their updates.

But this is really going off topic so this is my last comment to the subject.

Edited by second-ich - Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 19:06

LookAtDatDakkaDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 00:24 | Message # 1748
Explorer
United States
This bug is getting much worse.

$IMAGE1$

NVIDIA 960 GTX 2048MB

Edited by LookAtDatDakka - Friday, 04.03.2016, 00:41

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 01:12 | Message # 1749
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Some news about work progress on RC2. A lot of changes, because I want to make 0.974 as much Steam-fruendly as I can. This mean what SE must have full support of patching and installing mods by just adding files, without necessity of editing some default files such as universe.cfg.

• Changed directory structure - "data" and "addons" folder are provided, which have identical internal structure (textures, models etc subfolders) and work in parallel
  • New addon installing system - copying addon files and folders or a single pak file to the "addons" folder
  • Duplicate entry of any object in a catalog file is updating/patching the older entry (entry in older file) - no need to edit default catalog files to install a patch or mod
  • Automatic search for catalog files through default directories - no need to edit the universe.cfg to install a catalog patch, mod or addon
  • Automatic search for galaxy/nebula model scripts through default directories - no need to edit the models.cfg to install a model patch, mod or addon

This is still WIP, but I have some excited results. Many kind of mods or patches now can be installed by dropping a single .pak file into "addons" directory. Even complex "full franchise addons" with any set of objects supported by SE. For example, "Star Wars" addon may include not only ships, but all planetary systems and even fictional galaxy with custom model for it. And all this may be packed into single .pak file and copied into "addons" folder.

Any new .pak file or unpacked addons may be be copied in "addons" or "data" directory - they are work in parallel. But "addons" folder now should be used only for addons, and "data" for patches and updates of the basic SE. SE reads duplicating files by creation time priority as before. This mean what if some patch or addon have a file "SolarSys.sc" inside it, it will override the default SolarSys.sc file. But this also mean what new patches may override old addons, and this is correct - old addons may not work with the new SE versions.

The new feature is what individual script entry for any kind of object (galaxy, star, planet etc) can patch/override the older one, also by the file creation time priority. This was done in 0.973 for stars, and now extended for all kind of objects. For example, someone now can make an addon with alternate textures for Mars by adding an .sc file with new script for Mars, which have links to these alternate textures. Installing is easy - by copying the single .pak file into "addons" folder.

Also, shaders are moved into "data" folder, so overriding by corresponding files in the "addons" folder is possible. Multiple times if using .pak files with different names.

Managing of addons is possible by manual moving the .pak files outside SE directory. But I planning to add a GUI menu where addons can be enabled/disabled. However, SE engine don't support updating of it's internal data structures in RAM on-the-fly, so restart will be needed to apply changes.

Full changelog:

•  
    DoctorOfSpaceDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 01:38 | Message # 1750
    Galaxy Architect
    Group: Global Moderators
    Pirate
    Next version looks like its definitely going to make making, adding, and managing mods much easier smile

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
    G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Thomas988Date: Friday, 04.03.2016, 01:48 | Message # 1751
    Space Pilot
    United States
    Quote SpaceEngineer ()
    Some news about work progress on RC2. A lot of changes, because I want to make 0.974 as much Steam-fruendly as I can. This mean what SE must have full support of patching and installing mods by just adding files, without necessity of editing some default files such as universe.cfg.

Fantastic! As always, so many awesome features! I can't wait for the new modding system and seamless textures. biggrin

All you need in life are space games and typhlosions.

Destructor1701Date: Friday, 04.03.2016, 04:36 | Message # 1752
    Pioneer
    Ireland
    Wow! So many improvements!

What is the new Warp Drive physics model like? How does it differ from the old one?

And will neutron star coronae be making a comeback?

aquasoniqDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 10:34 | Message # 1753
    Observer
    Group: Newbies
    Pirate
    I know that this is not main feature of SE but still waiting for improvements in ships piloting, atmospheric flights etc. mamba

JackDoleDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 11:23 | Message # 1754
    Star Engineer
    Group: Local Moderators
    Germany
    Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
    Next version looks like its definitely going to make making, adding, and managing mods much easier

Not for me. Except that I no longer need my SE_Start.bat. At least not to manage my addons. What at the start maybe a few seconds saved. biggrin cool

My addon folder structure:

Somewhere here I once explained how I do it.

The only drawback is that the shader I have in my addon folder, I can not update with F5 or Ctrl-F5.

Attachments: 6343936.jpg(95Kb)

Don't forget to look here.

Edited by JackDole - Friday, 04.03.2016, 11:29

jonasnordlundDate: Friday, 04.03.2016, 12:41 | Message # 1755
    Observer
    Group: Newbies
    Pirate
    Awesome to hear about the simplified modding support!

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
    Page 117 of 221«12115116117118119220221»
    Search: