NVIDIA 960 GTX 2048MB

Edited by LookAtDatDakka - Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 00:12

abrasaxDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 05:37 | Message # 1727
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Serbia
Quote the_nerervarine ()
That blows my mind that SE only needs 2 or 3 gigs to run

This really shouldn't blow your mind. All those fancy games we play are demanding because developers usually don't worry about optimization. The idea behind those games is to sell new hardware, and to persuade you that is how it needs to be.

MajorTomDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 07:03 | Message # 1728
Space Tourist
Germany
Hi Spaceenginer,

another question..... the all planet textures in addons... can u link to another site maybe called "uploaded" or another hoster? Here in Germany ANY person they used torrents is in fact a criminal by law. many lawyer search people in germany they share files over torrent and send them an statement of claim (by an Datavolume from 32GB most likely) ... for my person i will download the textures but no chance over torrent.... is there any way?

Win 7 64bit, Intel i5, 3GHz, 4GB RAM, HD2500 Onboard. 0.974_RC3 works very good
Win 7 64bit, AMD X4 955, 3,4GHz, 8 GB RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX960 DC2OC. 0.974_RC3 works very good

SalvoDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 07:35 | Message # 1729
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
SE uses pointers everywhere, and switch to 64 bit means what pointers must be changed to 64 bit also

Oh, yeah, you're right. I've really forgot about it.

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

parameciumkidDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 08:33 | Message # 1730
Explorer
United States
Well I do hope that someday SE does get converted to 64-bit. 32-bit is getting behind the times, even if it's sufficient to run the game in its current state.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

PrzeszczepDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 08:39 | Message # 1731
Space Tourist
Poland
Quote abrasax ()
This really shouldn't blow your mind. All those fancy games we play are demanding because developers usually don't worry about optimization. The idea behind those games is to sell new hardware, and to persuade you that is how it needs to be.

This is wrong. All modern games are made to be run on consoles without much of modification. People are actually complaining about consoles slowing down graphics development. Look at The Witcher 3, it can be played on 4GB of RAM but if you have 16 it can use up to 10.

Quote MajorTom ()
another question..... the all planet textures in addons... can u link to another site maybe called "uploaded" or another hoster? Here in Germany ANY person they used torrents is in fact a criminal by law. many lawyer search people in germany they share files over torrent and send them an statement of claim (by an Datavolume from 32GB most likely) ... for my person i will download the textures but no chance over torrent.... is there any way?

Many game patchers use p2p. How do you update/download games in Germany?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 | RAM: 8 GB

MosfetDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 09:14 | Message # 1732
World Builder
Italy
Quote MajorTom ()
Here in Germany ANY person they used torrents is in fact a criminal by law. many lawyer search people in germany they share files over torrent and send them an statement of claim (by an Datavolume from 32GB most likely)

You're talking about *illegal* torrents of copyrighted material, I hope.
Torrents of SE material are perfectly safe and legal, as far as I can tell.

On the other hand, if your lawyers use downloads of legitimate torrents as a leverage to infer that probably you did it also for copyrighted material and they are eager to ransack your place in order to get you, it's another story.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

MajorTomDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 11:47 | Message # 1733
Space Tourist
Germany
Mosfet,

the fact is using torrent and you has no control over the files from other people there on your machine in the shared folder... is one file a film or musictitle you are distirbute a copyright material.... i have years ago massive trouble like that with lawyer in germany....

Win 7 64bit, AMD X4 955, 3,4GHz, 8 GB RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX960 DC2OC. 0.974_RC3 works very good

Edited by MajorTom - Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 11:52

abrasaxDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 12:08 | Message # 1734
Space Tourist
Serbia
Quote MajorTom ()
the fact is using torrent and you has no control over the files from other people there on your machine in the shared folder... is one file a film or musictitle you are distirbute a copyright material.... i have years ago massive trouble like that with lawyer in germany....

This isn't true. By downloading torrents you are not sharing anything else except the torrent you are downloading. Noone has access to your other files nor you to theirs.

Torrent is a legitimate option for downloading and sharing files and you can even find music, movies and books legally shared on torrent trackers.

Torrent in itself is not illegal, it is maybe the best way to download content.

MajorTomDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 12:17 | Message # 1735
Space Tourist
Germany
abrasax,

torrent itself is legal, ok. i close here the topic.... its not the place for filesharing...... thx guys for the answers.... i find another way.... i german we say " ein gebranntes Kind scheut das Feuer" in english "a burnt child dreads the fire"... sad

Edited by MajorTom - Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 12:27

yaqdarkDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 18:32 | Message # 1736
Astronaut
Pirate
Hi guys, Oculus Rift mode won't select any more. Anybody know why that might be? It was the same in release 8. I click the radial button but it won't select (it happily selects all the other ones though).

EDIT: Nevermind, it's because I wasn't using the correct Runtime (I was using 0.7, and it only works on 0.8 now)

MASSIVE difference switching to 0.8

Buttery smooth FPS (constant 75hz) and all the interfaces are now Oculus optimised.

Thanks Mr. Engineer smile

Edited by yaqdark - Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 19:26

parameciumkidDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 19:54 | Message # 1737
Explorer
United States
Can I have just one second of everyone's time to mention something?
This here is called an ellipsis: "..."
It represents the speaker trailing off or awkwardly pausing. Ever had a conversation in which someone's talking and stops for a second or two, just long enough that you think they're done, but as soon as you want to respond they start talking again? That's basically what an ellipsis represents.

So when your post is like this... and you just type ellipses... after every clause in place of real punctuation... it's really annoying to read... and honestly makes you sound like an idiot.

Now I'm not saying anyone here IS an idiot - English is said to be the hardest of all languages, and language barriers are an all-too-common difficulty people face on the internet. Just a pro tip ;)
Sorry for derailing the thread. We can go back on topic now xP

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

the_nerervarineDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 20:03 | Message # 1738
Space Pilot
United States
Quote parameciumkid ()
It represents the speaker trailing off or awkwardly pausing. Ever had a conversation in which someone's talking and stops for a second or two, just long enough that you think they're done, but as soon as you want to respond they start talking again? That's basically what an ellipsis represents.

So when your post is like this... and you just type ellipses... after every clause in place of real punctuation... it's really annoying to read... and honestly makes you sound like an idiot.

Now I'm not saying anyone here IS an idiot - English is said to be the hardest of all languages, and language barriers are an all-too-common difficulty people face on the internet. Just a pro tip ;)
Sorry for derailing the thread. We can go back on topic now xP

This really isn't something to get so worked up about. English is one of the hardest languages and one of the hardest things for many to grasp(Including people whose first language is English) is all the rules and punctuation's and alternate spellings. I'm sure this post alone has a ton of grammatical errors.

AMD FX-8320 8 core @4.0ghz , AMD R9 290 4GB, 8GB DDR3 @1866mhz, 1TB Hard Drive

anarchicxaDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2016, 21:13 | Message # 1739
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Quote parameciumkid ()

Careful there buddy, your high school is showing.

HimselfDate: Wednesday, 02.03.2016, 01:20 | Message # 1740
Astronaut
United States
So I've been troubleshooting the issue of crashing on the splash screen and trying to eliminate possibilities. It seems, from reading this thread, that the problem comes from a graphics card that is not compatible with OpenGL 3.3, but I seem to be getting conflicting information as to whether my graphics card supports it.

Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T processor 2.80Ghz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5670

Log file added per procedure.

Attachments: 3787248.log(7Kb)

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 116 of 221«12114115116117118220221»
Search: