Page 113 of 221«12111112113114115220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
AlekDate: Wednesday, 24.02.2016, 04:12 | Message # 1681
Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
Every time you use the go-to function the location is saved in the journal.

Ah, forgot about that, sorry.

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

PrzeszczepDate: Wednesday, 24.02.2016, 15:29 | Message # 1682
Space Tourist
Poland
Motion blur when dragging with rmb seems to be bugged.

With V-Sync enabled - low fps (60) - distant objects/stars blur looks ok but it blinks for close objects.
v-sync.avi

With V-Sync disabled - high fps (I'm getting up to ~500 depending on scene) - blur is almost not visible for distant stars and looks really weird for close objects.
no_v-sync.avi

It looks like that only when dragging with right mouse and works fine for any other camera movement.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 | RAM: 8 GB

dudefinalDate: Wednesday, 24.02.2016, 18:54 | Message # 1683
Space Tourist
United States
Could anyone lend a terra_color.glsl out of their shaders.pak for me. I deleted the code for albedo variations for the terras and now the game doesn't work. I removed the albedo on the selenas as well but it worked for those. I know... who doesn't make a backup of their files. Yes... I will be more careful next time. Yes... I know I shouldn't be messing around in the actual .pak file. Yes... I know I should have made my own .glsl file outside of the .pak file. I messed up.

My internet is godawful and I would rather not download RC1 again. Btw this is 0.974 RC1.

Added (24.02.2016, 18:54)
---------------------------------------------
Okay nevermind. I found an extra copy of the game in my downloads folder. I did a little tweaking and found the problem was that I deleted a little bit too much of the the code. (I deleted everything under //Global Albedo Variations the first time.) So now I have no more albedo on my terras and selenas. tongue

"Its impossible" - CASE "No, It's necessary" - Cooper

Piece of crap Toshiba AIO...

ZatSoloDate: Wednesday, 24.02.2016, 19:13 | Message # 1684
Space Pilot
Italy
Quote dudefinal ()
Could anyone lend a terra_color.glsl out of their shaders.pak for me ...

Check your PM wink

TheGreatAttractorDate: Wednesday, 24.02.2016, 23:47 | Message # 1685
Space Tourist
United States
hey, have any of you looked at the crab nebula in rc1? Cause for me it's not rendering.
EDIT: also, the white giant in ss 433 doesn't render, but it's corona does.
EDIT2: upon further investigation, it seems that any star near a bh doesn't render. I found a big central bh with lots of stars, and the ones nearest it don't render. Actually, it seems that only the giant stars don't render. the main sequence ones do.

Edited by TheGreatAttractor - Thursday, 25.02.2016, 00:19

LookAtDatDakkaDate: Thursday, 25.02.2016, 00:21 | Message # 1686
Explorer
United States
Quote TheGreatAttractor ()
hey, have any of you looked at the crab nebula in rc1? Cause for me it's not rendering.
EDIT: also, the white giant in ss 433 doesn't render, but it's corona does.

What is your video card? If your graphic drivers are outdated, then you should update your drivers.

NVIDIA 960 GTX 2048MB

TheGreatAttractorDate: Thursday, 25.02.2016, 00:28 | Message # 1687
Space Tourist
United States
k, will try
EDIT: yeah, that fixed. I don't know why I didn't figure that out myself.

Edited by TheGreatAttractor - Thursday, 25.02.2016, 00:57

dudefinalDate: Thursday, 25.02.2016, 05:02 | Message # 1688
Space Tourist
United States
Alot of things changed in RC1 all my planet colors were messed up. I had to fix everything. I had to modify the the atmosphere files for pinkworld and greenworld. The shaders were different and there were gross brown patches on my planets. Had to edit the shaders to get rid of those.

Selena

Desert (Supposed to be a Titan.)

I have fixed all my planets and edited the necessary shader files and in the end... Everything actually looked better. Because I had to start over again and make improvements I made tweaks that made the planets look better. I'm still looking for a way to set SpotBright and SpotWidth to be 0 and 0.001 globally though, Could anyone help me with that.

Anyway, Space Engineer, I have come across a few bugs. The erosion setting results in jagged edges when set above 0.1. When set to play by context background music will switch and stop at random. These are all the bugs I've encountered so far I think.

Thanks for the update Space Engineer! It fixed alot of bugs and in the end stuff was improved.

Added (25.02.2016, 05:02)
Oh yeah two more bugs! There are still weird terrain cut-offs and lines and when crater rays are high enought they cut off randomly and look extreeeemely ugly.

Edited by dudefinal - Thursday, 25.02.2016, 16:10

LookAtDatDakkaDate: Thursday, 25.02.2016, 14:16 | Message # 1689
Explorer
United States
Quote dudefinal ()
Alot of things changed in RC1 all my planet colors were messed up. I had to fix everything. I had to modify the the atmosphere files for pinkworld and greenworld. The shaders were different and there were gross brown patches on my planets. Had to edit the shaders to get rid of those.

Selena

We went from this:

To this:

And with a little tweaking of the pallette and the shader files I got this:

Desert (Supposed to be a Titan.)

We went from this:

To this:

And with a little tweaking of the pallette and the shader files I got this:

I have fixed all my planets and edited the necessary shader files and in the end... Everything actually looked better. Because I had to start over again and make improvements I made tweaks that made the planets look better. I'm still looking for a way to set SpotBright and SpotWidth to be 0 and 0.001 globally though, Could anyone help me with that.

Anyway, Space Engineer, I have come across a few bugs. The erosion setting results in jagged edges when set above 0.1. When set to play by context background music will switch and stop at random. These are all the bugs I've encountered so far I think.

Thanks for the update Space Engineer! It fixed alot of bugs and in the end stuff was improved.

Added (25.02.2016, 05:02)
Oh yeah two more bugs! There are still weird terrain cut-offs and lines and when crater rays are high enought they cut off randomly and look extreeeemely ugly.

I can't load your pictures.

NVIDIA 960 GTX 2048MB

FireintheholeDate: Thursday, 25.02.2016, 14:43 | Message # 1690
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Quote LookAtDatDakka ()

Neither can I.

Love SpaceEngine!

RodrigoDate: Thursday, 25.02.2016, 15:30 | Message # 1691
Explorer
Group: Local Moderators
Brazil

This is weird.

Besides the temperature issue ( I think tidal heating is way too powerful), I feel that close orbits, speccially in double planet systems, are too common. I couldn't find any system that have similarities with the earth-moon system, regarding the orbit periods.

Attachments: 6805358.jpg(205Kb)

dudefinalDate: Thursday, 25.02.2016, 16:11 | Message # 1692
Space Tourist
United States
Quote LookAtDatDakka ()

Quote Fireinthehole ()
Neither can I.

I fixed them... I think... I hope...

funsihdDate: Thursday, 25.02.2016, 16:13 | Message # 1693
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Hey,
Can you make Fictional Planets and Worm Holes in the next update? :D
It would be very very very nice

(Please make Darwin IV but PLEASE the Surface from the documentation and NOT from the Book <3)

Darwin IV in Photoshop:

Edited by funsihd - Thursday, 25.02.2016, 16:14

the_nerervarineDate: Thursday, 25.02.2016, 18:03 | Message # 1694
Space Pilot
United States
Quote funsihd ()
Hey,
Can you make Fictional Planets

There will never be any 'fictional' planets in Space Engine. And until Worm Holes are proven as a reality they will also not be implemented in Space Engine.

AMD FX-8320 8 core @4.0ghz , AMD R9 290 4GB, 8GB DDR3 @1866mhz, 1TB Hard Drive

ZackGDate: Thursday, 25.02.2016, 19:39 | Message # 1695
Space Pilot
United States
Quote the_nerervarine ()
There will never be any 'fictional' planets in Space Engine. And until Worm Holes are proven as a reality they will also not be implemented in Space Engine.

That was a harsh comment to say. we may never know if wormholes are real or not. you dont just go saying "No" to a new user for a simple question like that. And FYI there are fictional planet addons in the addon forum so if you have nothing else to say then dont say it.

MOBO:ASUS Sabertooth Mark I
CPU:Intel I7 4790 3.6Ghz
GPU:NVIDIA GTX960 4GB
Memory:32GB 1600Mhz (Corsair 4x8GB)

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 113 of 221«12111112113114115220221»
Search: