Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
MosfetDate: Friday, 19.02.2016, 23:39 | Message # 1636
World Builder
Group: Users
Italy
Quote astroniki ()
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Not sure if equations I used is correct - I can't test it on real spheical projector myself.

Doesn't look right. Here's a warp grid, maybe it will help.
My friend runs a small planetarium, i can get him to test some.

OK, I always dreamed of having one of these in a corner of my house, now I will despise myself if I don't try it someday.

iDome images

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 20.02.2016, 08:04 | Message # 1637
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Mosfet ()
OK, I always dreamed of having one of these in a corner of my house, now I will despise myself if I don't try it someday.

I can't find the equations used to transform the cubemap or fish eye image into this spherical-mirror-ready image. I can derive them myself, but this can take a time.

abrasaxDate: Saturday, 20.02.2016, 17:46 | Message # 1638
Space Tourist
Serbia
Would you be willing to show us the equations if you happen to find the time to derive them? Many people with diy planetaria would be interested.

the_nerervarineDate: Sunday, 21.02.2016, 00:21 | Message # 1639
Space Pilot
United States
Am I the only one who feels that Patch 8 is a stronger release and more worthy of being a 'release candidate' then RC1?

AMD FX-8320 8 core @4.0ghz , AMD R9 290 4GB, 8GB DDR3 @1866mhz, 1TB Hard Drive

CanapinDate: Sunday, 21.02.2016, 00:30 | Message # 1640
Astronaut
France
I found a moon beeing 1000°C while its parent is -209°C.
Is that a bug?

Moon

Parent

SaturnsMoonTitanDate: Sunday, 21.02.2016, 00:39 | Message # 1641
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
What about the new rille that are supposed to generate on selenas? Will they make it into this update?

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 21.02.2016, 01:21 | Message # 1642
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote SaturnsMoonTitan ()
What about the new rille that are supposed to generate on selenas? Will they make it into this update?

They are already in RC1 from what I understand.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

The_BlazerDate: Sunday, 21.02.2016, 02:39 | Message # 1643
Space Tourist
Italy
[RC1]

I'd like to be able to post a video of this, but it's not very noticeable after compression... The dithering effect seems to intermittently cause a weird form of artifacting, where the whole screen will appear to go "lower-res" for a fraction of a second. The best way I can describe it is as if you switched a Youtube video from 1080p to 360p quality, or if you had film grain and the "grains" suddenly became 10 times as large as they should be. This happens especially when generating the surface of planets and/or moving fast near it.

A few very minor pet peeves (not really bugs):

- The "saved screenshot" text that appears when pressing the screenshot button now only remains for half a second and it's easy to miss.

- The feature (present in 0.973) that makes the engine autosave your location every 10 seconds or so (so that if the game crashes you can get back to where you were) seems to be gone in RC1.

- The game will start stuttering (regardless of whether terrain is being generated or not) after some time open. I know this is usually caused by weak hardware or not enough VRAM, but it's weird how it only happens after a while, if I visit a desert planet with complex terrain in my first 10-20 minutes there will be no lag or stutter at all.

That said, the best feature from RC1 is the atmosphere coloring based on composition. It gives all planets a bit more personality, and no two skies are really alike anymore. I love it. Hopefully something similar will be implemented for terrain, currently all the textures look kind of same-y.

Born too early to explore space... But just in time for Space Engine.

PC Specs:
GTX 770 (2GB VRAM) - i5 4570 - 8GB RAM

Edited by The_Blazer - Sunday, 21.02.2016, 02:40

therealprincebowserkoopajDate: Sunday, 21.02.2016, 08:20 | Message # 1644
Observer
Pirate
Quote DeathStar ()
ve just found a desert planet with microbial life that has a PURE XENON atmosphere. I highly doubt life could arise in such ridiculously inert conditions. Though not a "true" bug, I think there should be some checks in place to prevent this from happening.

It is possible that Life could arise needing Xe for it's chemistry. You never know. Don't have an earth bias. I see this as a great chance to imagine the astrobiology of other worlds like this one.

SaturnsMoonTitanDate: Sunday, 21.02.2016, 10:12 | Message # 1645
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
They are already in RC1 from what I understand.

Oh okay, they just weren't in the changelog I guess.

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 21.02.2016, 10:27 | Message # 1646
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote therealprincebowserkoopaj ()
It is possible that Life could arise needing Xe for it's chemistry.

This is unlikely in the extreme. Xenon is a noble gas, which means that it's very unreactive, so it is unlikely to form compounds with other elements, which makes it useless for biology.

My SE mods and addons

DarkenTerraDate: Sunday, 21.02.2016, 13:18 | Message # 1647
Astronaut
China
Why most of planets don't have a lot oxygen? It's so strange wacko

Who am I ?

DeathStarDate: Sunday, 21.02.2016, 14:27 | Message # 1648
Pioneer
Croatia
Quote therealprincebowserkoopaj ()
It is possible that Life could arise needing Xe for it's chemistry. You never know. Don't have an earth bias. I see this as a great chance to imagine the astrobiology of other worlds like this one.

No, it's not possible, or at least so absurdly unlikely(as HarbringerDawn said), that it probably doesn't exist even in our vast universe. I don't have an "Earth bias", I just know basic chemistry. Life based on xenon(or any other noble gas for that matter) is only marginally more likely than life that evolves and lives in outer space, considering how inert noble gases are.

Edited by DeathStar - Sunday, 21.02.2016, 14:28

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 21.02.2016, 14:57 | Message # 1649
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote DarkenTerra ()
Why most of planets don't have a lot oxygen? It's so strange

Oxygen is very reactive, and thus usually forms compounds with other elements rather than existing in its own molecular forms. So things like H2O, CO2, CO, SO2, etc. will be common, but O2 is extremely rare. The only reason we have a lot of it in our atmosphere is that photosynthetic life produces it.

My SE mods and addons

CanapinDate: Sunday, 21.02.2016, 15:23 | Message # 1650
Astronaut
France
I have a few questions.
I still have an issue since a few versions. the atmosphere seems to be seen through landscape and mountains, and on certain planet at a low altitude, it creates weird artefacts.
Also, I sometimes see the sun glow (I'm not talking about the diffraction spike, and I think it's related to the atmosphere) through the mountains, as well as the auroras. It doesn't happen all the time however. Doesn't seem to be consistent.

Here you can see the sun glow through the mountain as well as the artefact I'm talking about :

And another artefact :

Is is correlated to this issue I posted on the troubleshooting issue (didn't have any answer about this one): http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/4-3295-1

It is a known bug ?

Also, any idea if the volcano appearance will be fixed soon ?

Edited by Canapin - Sunday, 21.02.2016, 23:33

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 110 of 221«12108109110111112220221»
Search: