Page 105 of 221«12103104105106107220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 02:47 | Message # 1561
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
New Horizons have no laser altimeter. Only fake map can be made.

This is not true. Elevation maps can be created from stereo imaging (this is how Vesta and Ceres maps are made). But so little of Pluto was imaged in high resolution stereo that no useful global elevation map will be produced.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

the_nerervarineDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 02:49 | Message # 1562
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
Really wonderful performance around accretion disks. I was averaging around 80 fps or so with patch 8 and now it's over 100 fps. Great work Space Engineer
Attachments: 4515194.jpg(369Kb)

AMD FX-8320 8 core @4.0ghz , AMD R9 290 4GB, 8GB DDR3 @1866mhz, 1TB Hard Drive

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 04:12 | Message # 1563
Pioneer
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
New Horizons have no laser altimeter. Only fake map can be made. The same for all known icy bodoes, sadly sad We have real elevation maps only for inner planets, Moon and Ceres.

Quote HarbingerDawn ()
This is not true. Elevation maps can be created from stereo imaging (this is how Vesta and Ceres maps are made). But so little of Pluto was imaged in high resolution stereo that no useful global elevation map will be produced.

Understandable. :)

EDIT: Also, I'm encountering something quite frustrating. The game will regularly override my custom atmosphere parameters. I will set a pressure of 1.2345 for a custom planet in the script file, but the game will completely ignore it and will use 0.00012345 as the atmosphere pressure instead. Is anyone else having this problem? This happens with any of the atmosphere parameters, not just pressure.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 06:29

SalvoDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 07:28 | Message # 1564
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
so you will have 3 fps :)

Wow, I didn't know it was so GPU intensive wacko
On my PC I can barely notice the difference...

Is it possible to overwrite the new shader with the old one eventually?

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 08:02 | Message # 1565
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote sinsforeal ()
Found a bug with the new sexy pink world and greenworld shaders!
http://i.imgur.com/9KeJFsY.jpg
It has some werid tile formations in the upper atmosphere. And if I go into orbit the atmosphere kind of looks like it is moving even though it is not.
I have a nvidia card which is a gt 740.

No need to repeat your message! I saw the previous one. This is not atmosphere shader, but eclipse shadow from bunary star. This is very old and well-knows issue.

Quote Watsisname ()
It dident help cry Should i just get a better GPU?
The new black hole rendering system is very GPU intensive. Which it would be, for how involved the ray-tracing calculations are. I also get only 2-3fps near them. If it bothers you that much, then a stronger GPU probably is the way to go.

You must be ready what future versions of SE will use more and more raymarching instead of classical rasterization rendering. Raymarchins is awesome for transluent volumetrics, and almost every object is space is volumetric - galaxies, nebulae, stars, accretion disks, planetary rings, clouds, aurora, even water. So probably in future SE version only opaque planetarty surface (and ship models) will be rendered in "old way", everything else will be raymarched.

Quote Kosh ()
BUGS
1. After you build your ship, and engage the hyper drive to go to another star SE crashes, but if that particular star has planets and one of the planets is selected SE will not crash. It seems not to crash ether if you use the hyper drive to go to other galaxy s.
2. Not all of the objects listed in the catalog search (F3) function are there. Example type in Vela pulsar. It is listed in the catalog, but say’s object not found.
3. The new music functions works fine until you press the (F12) and click on the list, and pick out an individual song by highlighting the particular song with your mouse, then click it. After you do so it crashes. This function worked on SE 0.973 and the 0.974 patches 1-8.

Good bug report, thank you!

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 08:37 | Message # 1566
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Quote JackDole ()
Do not know if this is already known, but 'RadiusSol' is broken.

I have found that the problem that I have posted here, is not resolved. I can handle this error when I use always 'RadSol'; but if I have edited an object in the editor and then export, 'SpaceEngine' always writes 'RadiusSol'. Which of course leads to an incorrect star diameter.

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
You must be ready what future versions of SE will use more and more raymarching instead of classical rasterization rendering.

Can then the publication of the final 0974 version be delayed until at least the end of this year? Before that I'll not be able to afford a new computer. tongue

Don't forget to look here.

Edited by JackDole - Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 08:56

n0b0dyDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 10:49 | Message # 1567
Explorer
Pirate
Quote Kosh ()
1. After you build your ship, and engage the hyper drive to go to another star SE crashes, but if that particular star has planets and one of the planets is selected SE will not crash. It seems not to crash ether if you use the hyper drive to go to other galaxy s.

YEES! So it's not only me!!

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Quote Kosh ()
BUGS
2. Not all of the objects listed in the catalog search (F3) function are there. Example type in Vela pulsar. It is listed in the catalog, but say’s object not found.
3. The new music functions works fine until you press the (F12) and click on the list, and pick out an individual song by highlighting the particular song with your mouse, then click it. After you do so it crashes. This function worked on SE 0.973 and the 0.974 patches 1-8.

Good bug report, thank you!

What? He hasn't even included a SE.log and I have included two SE.logs together with [b]dxdiags from two different PCs[/b]... sad

SpacepetcompanyDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 19:19 | Message # 1568
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
So two quick inquiries. First, I have yet to find any procedural black holes without accretion disks. Even all the solitary black holes I have come upon have accretion disks and I'm not entirely sure this is intentional.

Second thing. I can't seem to find the animated corona of neutron stars and white dwarfs in this update. It might just be that they're too bright to see but I thought I should report this just in case.

EDIT: Disregard. The issue was on my side.

EDIT2: Another minor issue. White dwarfs with accretion disks seem to render inside a polygonal figure when seen through the planetary system view.

To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field sown with millet, only one grain will grow.

— Metrodorus of Chios, 4th century BCE.

Edited by Spacepetcompany - Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 20:45

the_nerervarineDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 19:46 | Message # 1569
Space Pilot
United States
Quote Spacepetcompany ()
First, I have yet to find any black holes without accretion disks. Even all the solitary black holes I have come upon have accretion disks and I'm not entirely sure this is intentional.

That is odd as I have found tons of black holes without accretion disks. Both supermassive and the garden variety.

huishbDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 20:06 | Message # 1570
Astronaut
Pirate
Umm, is this a glitch or is it just me? wacko

Attachments: 5482145.jpg(190Kb) · 4474893.log(45Kb)

Possessor: AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Possessor (CPUs), ~3.6 GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM. Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610. Approx total memory: 4045 MB

Edited by huishb - Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 20:08

the_nerervarineDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 20:12 | Message # 1571
Space Pilot
United States
Quote huishb ()
Umm, is this a glitch or is it just me?

This happens from time to time with galaxy models (Although RC 1 seemed to fix this) Just restart the program and the Galaxy should appear as normal.

hanvulansiaDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 22:14 | Message # 1572
Observer
Spain
Hi there,

I have a serious issue since 0.9.7.4, most of objects seem invisible.

I used 0.9.7.1 (no errors), 0.9.7.2 (no errors), 0.9.7.3 (really laggy, but no errors), and 0.9.7.4 (invisible objects in ALL patches).

I'll explain my issue:

When I do a clean installation, I execute the .exe, I configure language and full screen, GUI works perfectly, but then I run the simulation and I have no visible objects.

Objects are still there, but I can't see them. I know this because I have auroras in planets, and I have low fps as if I was charging the textures, everything seems to work the same except that they are invisible.

Planet example:

Note how auroras, nebula, far stars, are correct

Star example:

I can see the glow of the star but the star is not there. And again, the fps goes down as if the star was really there, but I can't see it.

Anyone know what could be the reason of this? My drivers are up to date, and I had no graphical problems in older releases.

I have not installed any mod and I didn't changed anything in the files.

I attached the se.log file

Attachments: 2497178.log(105Kb)

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 22:24 | Message # 1573
Cosmic Curator
United States
hanvulansia, SE requires OpenGL 3.3, and you have 3.1. Try updating your video drivers.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

parameciumkidDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 22:29 | Message # 1574
Explorer
United States
Post moved to page 106.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

Edited by parameciumkid - Wednesday, 17.02.2016, 00:21

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 16.02.2016, 22:36 | Message # 1575
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
I just noticed something. I was looking at the_nerervarine's link, and I saw that the "LoaderQeueSizeCPU" and "LoaderQeueSizeGPU" are half their values from previous incarnations of SE, in main.cfg at the bottom section. In RC 1 they are 64 an 128 respectively. In previous versions, they are 128 and 256 respectively. As a result, I was seeing incomplete loading of various planets as well as missing Solar System browser thumbnails. While I think folks with higher end machines need not to worry, setting the Qeue sizes back to 128 and 256 seems to have fixed the issue on my low end machine.

I fixed the bug with shaders loading, so queue size can be restored. With smaller queue size, terrain generates in distance order - closer tiles loaded first, further next. Small size also remove redundant intermediate generation of terrain tiles, stars and galaxies then camera flies very fast.

Quote Kosh ()

I still can't reproduce this crash. Try to engage hyperjump sequence and quickly switch control to another ship. If crash is releated with hyperjump logic, it still must happen. If it related to graphics, it must not happen.

Quote JackDole ()
I have found that the problem that I have posted here, is not resolved. I can handle this error when I use always 'RadSol'; but if I have edited an object in the editor and then export, 'SpaceEngine' always writes 'RadiusSol'. Which of course leads to an incorrect star diameter.

Ok fixed.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 105 of 221«12103104105106107220221»
Search: