[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 10 of 221«1289101112220221»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 03.06.2015, 20:51 | Message # 136
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Hito, the rings rendering in front of objects is a known issue that has been present in all versions of SE.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

DenebStarFTWDate: Thursday, 04.06.2015, 04:30 | Message # 137
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Chile

Found this again. Though to be fixed in 0.9.7.3. Dont know if it counts as "Extremly Heated" moons, but its odd anyways

Attachments: 4770501.jpg(147Kb)

- S T A Y -

Joey_PenguinDate: Thursday, 04.06.2015, 20:35 | Message # 138
Pioneer
United States
I'm finding quite a few glitched moons, mostly around dwarf planets. They're listed as frozen titans (usually), but they only show up black, and their temperatures give an invalid number.

they cause the starfield to strobe and glitch out, they're as light as a red giant, and I'm finding them more and more. No crashes, though.

Unuk has five of these, and they're always moons.

My se.log, if it helps.

Attachments: 8768433.jpg(107Kb) · 0554299.jpg(87Kb) · 6220682.log(45Kb)

Careful. The PLATT Collective has spurs.

Tangle10Date: Thursday, 04.06.2015, 22:35 | Message # 139
Space Pilot
United States
Joey_Penguin, I have the exact same problem.

Tips for finding Earth-Like planets: Look for F, G, or K Class stars. M class habitables will almost always be tidelocked. Oceanias can, of course, also be habitable, they just have tiny amounts of land.

BambusmanDate: Friday, 05.06.2015, 11:45 | Message # 140
Pioneer
Group: SE team
Germany
Joey_Penguin, everyone has this bug.

HitoDate: Friday, 05.06.2015, 21:51 | Message # 141
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
Hito, the rings rendering in front of objects is a known issue that has been present in all versions of SE.

I apologize for re-reporting it, I assumed it was a bug in the 0.9.7.4 beta as I haven't noticed it before this, however at the same time I haven't really looked at moon in the way I had before 0.9.7.4 either. I did search through this thread trying to find out about it but I didn't search through the forums, which I probably should have done.

Tangle10Date: Friday, 05.06.2015, 21:54 | Message # 142
Space Pilot
United States
Quote Bambusman ()
Joey_Penguin, everyone has this bug.

And yet no one is acknowledging it...

Tips for finding Earth-Like planets: Look for F, G, or K Class stars. M class habitables will almost always be tidelocked. Oceanias can, of course, also be habitable, they just have tiny amounts of land.

BambusmanDate: Friday, 05.06.2015, 22:39 | Message # 143
Pioneer
Germany
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Disclaimer
This is a beta version. It can have many bugs. Please do not consider it as a release product. Please report bugs here, in this thread.

IdgeliosDate: Saturday, 06.06.2015, 04:04 | Message # 144
Astronaut
United States
Text editor yes! Now all space engine needs is a feature to connect stars or planets with lines and overpriced sci-fi mapping software becomes obsolete.

Although the current patch is not without its issues. I think this might be a bug from this version, i'm not sure so i'm posting it here.

The planet caps seem to be broken. They're generating lots of planets around tiny, failed and dead stars, but around bigger stars they don't generate anymore than 13 planets. When I say bigger I mean anything larger than a M-class star.

Meanwhile, little stars amd brown dwarves get well over 20 planets. Look at all these worlds around just one dwarf in this binary system. This is too many!

Why is there all these worlds around the M class stars and dwarves? Is there a reason for all these planets orbiting a tiny star while A or F class star (superbright stars are probably not stable or long lived enough for more worlds) are limited to 13? I first thought that it is because smaller stars lack gas giants so they're rich in terrestrials, but I found many of these large system systems have gas giants too.

In short, I noticed that red dwarves, brown dwarves and white dwarves for some reason have a cap of 27 planets while full fledged stars with large gravity wells have a limit of 13 planets. This seems really unlikely, which is why I think it's broken.

Also, here's a more debatable 'issue' i've been having:

Life and terras are way too common on the dim stars as well. Wouldn't the water be evaporated away from the radiation of a red dwarf in its earlier years? Wouldn't the dimming that a brown dwarf or white dwarf make it hard to develop complex life due to the moving habitable zone? I do not consider life around a brown dwarf or red dwarf impossible, but I think space engine is making too many of them as I find dozens of brown dwarves with life in just a forty light year radius on default life settings.

Another issue i've come across, though it's not as big:

I think that the algorithms with titans should also be a little more careful since i've found titans at 40 K. Issue is even nitrogen at that temperature is frozen (like observed on Triton). I am not even sure if liquid helium would work since I don't know how the world would be able to hold onto it unless it is the depleted core of a gas giant.

Update: I've happened update the same glitch that has been mentioned on this thread before. I think it has something to do with the galaxy image. When I zoom out to galaxy scale, the silver river (milky way) turns green and red.

Edited by Idgelios - Saturday, 06.06.2015, 05:25

BambusmanDate: Saturday, 06.06.2015, 09:43 | Message # 145
Pioneer
Germany
Quote Idgelios ()
When I zoom out to galaxy scale, the silver river (milky way) turns green and red.

This looks like the compressed texture bug in SE0972.

DarkenTerraDate: Sunday, 07.06.2015, 04:02 | Message # 146
Astronaut
China
Quote DenebStarFTW ()
Found this again. Though to be fixed in 0.9.7.3. Dont know if it counts as "Extremly Heated" moons, but its odd anyways

Maybe the author thinks that "Extremly Heated" only means "Scorched" worlds. (Another bug.......... wacko )

Who am I ?

SalvoDate: Sunday, 07.06.2015, 07:49 | Message # 147
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote Destructor1701 ()
Every ship besides my selected one started ballooning.

W... what? wacko

Can you try to make a video of it? (if you can re-create the situation)

A 4 frames video might be quite confusing tongue

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Destructor1701Date: Sunday, 07.06.2015, 13:06 | Message # 148
Pioneer
Ireland
I have re-created it.

And I am an idiot.

The other ships weren't getting bigger, they were getting closer!

They were all flying to the same coordinates at the destination, so they were converging on that point the closer they got.

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 08.06.2015, 09:04 | Message # 149
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Idgelios ()
are limited to 13

It' not limited to 13. Dwarf stars are simply:
- More common, so by using star search function without filtering by star class you will see only dwarfs.
- Planets have bigger probability to survive. Hot star evaporates inner planets, and lost outer planets by perturbation by another stars in cluster, because planetary system is too large.
- Also, you must distinguish solitary and binary/multiple stars. The last obviously have more planets.
- Life on dwarf star's planets is more common because the stars are more common, and because they have more planets in the habitable zone (because the planetary system is more dense packed).

DeathStarDate: Wednesday, 10.06.2015, 17:51 | Message # 150
Pioneer
Croatia
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
This opens a lot of possibilities: change to deferred shading with all modern effects (inverse depth buffer, ambient occlusion, indirect lighting, soft particles etc), multi-sampling antialiasing, SLI and CrossFireX with no performance drop (at least) etc.

Oh God, I can only imagine how SE will look like when that is implemented...

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress and public beta test - 0.9.7.4
Page 10 of 221«1289101112220221»
Search: