Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 14 of 37«1212131415163637»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.3
Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.3
SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 16.04.2015, 22:59 | Message # 1
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Please post here all of your reports about bugs or crashes in SpaceEngine. Before you post any bugs, please follow these steps:

• First of all, make sure you updated your video card drivers. This may solve 99% of all isues.
  • Read the Fixing common issues section below. It is possible that your problem can be solved there.
  • Read the List of known issues section below and make sure that your bugs are not on in it. You can use your browser's word finder to help search the list.
  • If the bug is not on the list then please post it in this thread. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the se.log and is located in the SpaceEngine/system/ directory). Only the log file will help us to understand your problem and find a solution!

Fixing videocard-specific issues

If you do not know which videocard do you have, open the system/se.log file in the text editor and read the Vendor information in the beginning:

INITIALIZING OPENGL
    [MT] Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Then look for a solution for you:

Nvidia: Major lag spikes

Nvidia: Water missing on terras, clouds are below the surface

ATI/AMD: Crash on approaching to the black hole, neutron star or white dwarf, on using ship's hyperdrive, or when enabling the Oculus Rift mode or the Fish Eye mode

ATI/AMD: Crash on Startup on Windows 10

Intel HD: Glitchy landscape and textures on planets

Intel HD: Red clouds on Earth

Fixing common issues

1) Obsolete or incompatible drivers

2) Weak system

3) System with hybrid graphics (NVidia/ATI + Intel HD)

4) Artifacts on procedural planets

5) Frequent crashing while generating planetary surface

6) Spaceship disappears when far from a star

7) Blurry textures on Solar system planets

8) Problems with very high resolution displays

9) Problems in Windows 10 + AMD/ATI

List of known issues

Green items have been fixed for the next release

Not real bugs, but effects caused by limitations in the engine:

Real bugs:
  •  
    HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 07.07.2015, 22:32 | Message # 196
    Cosmic Curator
    United States
    It's possible... the dll is from the 14.4 drivers, since later drivers had problems with SE.

All forum users, please read this!
    My SE mods and addons
    Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

PlutonianEmpireDate: Wednesday, 08.07.2015, 03:02 | Message # 197
    Pioneer
    Group: Users
    United States
    I am seeing an increasing number of black box texture bugs on my planets. More and more of these have been showing up as of late. The heights seem fine. This has not been an issue previously, it has only started recently.
    Attachments: se.zip(153Kb) · 0463681.jpg(327Kb)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Wednesday, 08.07.2015, 03:03

Scott0934Date: Wednesday, 08.07.2015, 07:16 | Message # 198
    Observer
    Group: Newbies
    Italy
    Quote HarbingerDawn ()
    It's possible... the dll is from the 14.4 drivers, since later drivers had problems with SE.

Do you think it's an issue that could be solved with future patches, or should I start experimenting with different drivers?
    Thanks

NastronautDate: Thursday, 09.07.2015, 21:25 | Message # 199
    Observer
    United States
    Hey guys, whenever I load up Space Engine it constantly rotates the camera to the left no matter what I do! I am getting frustrated as I uninstalled and reinstalled and it keeps doing it! Any solutions? I don't know how to get rid of this annoying glitch or bug!!!

NASA spends .5% of the national budget answering humanity's greatest questions while the IRS spends 41% of that on government expenditures causing more problems than it can fix.

Bells_TheoremDate: Thursday, 09.07.2015, 21:59 | Message # 200
    Explorer
    United States
    Quote Nastronaut ()
    Hey guys, whenever I load up Space Engine it constantly rotates the camera to the left no matter what I do! I am getting frustrated as I uninstalled and reinstalled and it keeps doing it! Any solutions? I don't know how to get rid of this annoying glitch or bug!!!

Do you have a joystick or other type of controller attached? I noticed this when I attached my joystick before I configured it. After configuring the joystick in SE it stopped rotating.

NastronautDate: Friday, 10.07.2015, 00:38 | Message # 201
    Observer
    United States
    Do you have a joystick or other type of controller attached? I noticed this when I attached my joystick before I configured it. After configuring the joystick in SE it stopped rotating.

Apparently I did without knowing! Thanks!

NASA spends .5% of the national budget answering humanity's greatest questions while the IRS spends 41% of that on government expenditures causing more problems than it can fix.

PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 12.07.2015, 00:40 | Message # 202
    Pioneer
    United States
    I was messing with my Hadeus addon, tweaking the stars, and I noticed that when I comment out the periods of the circumbinary objects to let SE calculate the periods, SE generates improper orbit periods for said CB objects; so a planet at SemiMajorAxis 0.37 will have an orbital period of over 3000 years around a 1.57 solar mass (Combined mass of two stars, 1.09 and 0.48 solar masses) binary.

EDIT: And why won't the forum let me upload the log files themselves? I keep having to zip them to get them to upload.

Attachments: 7438012.zip(154Kb) · Hadeus.sc(49Kb)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Sunday, 12.07.2015, 00:41

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 12.07.2015, 05:46 | Message # 203
    Cosmic Curator
    United States
    Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
    why won't the forum let me upload the log files themselves?

There's a 600kB file size limit.

My SE mods and addons

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 12.07.2015, 17:07 | Message # 204
    Author of Space Engine
    Russian Federation
    Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
    when I comment out the periods of the circumbinary objects to let SE calculate the periods, SE generates improper orbit periods for said CB objects;

I has fixed this bug yesterday.

PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 12.07.2015, 17:43 | Message # 205
    Pioneer
    United States
    Caught it before I did, then? That pretty awesome. smile

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Sunday, 12.07.2015, 17:44

MadYarpenDate: Monday, 13.07.2015, 21:18 | Message # 206
    Observer
    United States
    Hello.
    Hopefully I didn't miss an obvious solution.

Problem: game crashes after choosing planetarium
    System: W7 x64, Lenovo Y580 w/dual graphic card - Intel HD4000 and NVidia GTX 660M

I understand from troubleshooting thread I need SE profile using Nvidia card as SE.txt in system folder is saying this:
    INITIALIZING OPENGL
    [MT] Vendor: Intel
    [MT] Renderer: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

So I open Nvidia control panel->3d settings management->program settings->add and choose spaceengine.exe in system folder, choose nvidia card from the list and click apply. Nothing happens, no new profile is added. Game obviously still crashes every time.

Why can't I add SE profile to Nvidia card? Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Edited by MadYarpen - Monday, 13.07.2015, 21:20

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 14.07.2015, 07:32 | Message # 207
    Cosmic Curator
    United States
    Assuming you're using recent drivers, SE already has a profile there, created by Nvidia. Just find it and adjust options as necessary.

My SE mods and addons

Scott0934Date: Tuesday, 14.07.2015, 14:34 | Message # 208
    Observer
    Italy
    Quote Scott0934 ()
    Do you think it's an issue that could be solved with future patches, or should I start experimenting with different drivers?
    Thanks

My graphic card is in legacy support from ATI/AMD, and the latest compatible driver is 13.9

ScruffygamerDate: Tuesday, 14.07.2015, 21:35 | Message # 209
    Space Tourist
    United States
    Hello. I seem to crash in SpaceEngine every 30-40 minutes. Can anyone help?

LiquicityDate: Tuesday, 14.07.2015, 21:56 | Message # 210
    Observer
    Netherlands
    For some reason I can't set a custom resolution for full screen anymore?

I have a 5k screen and a titan x graphics card so i would like to see it in action smile

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.3
    Page 14 of 37«1212131415163637»
    Search: