Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 12 of 37«1210111213143637»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.3
Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.3
SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 16.04.2015, 22:59 | Message # 1
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Please post here all of your reports about bugs or crashes in SpaceEngine. Before you post any bugs, please follow these steps:

• First of all, make sure you updated your video card drivers. This may solve 99% of all isues.
  • Read the Fixing common issues section below. It is possible that your problem can be solved there.
  • Read the List of known issues section below and make sure that your bugs are not on in it. You can use your browser's word finder to help search the list.
  • If the bug is not on the list then please post it in this thread. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the se.log and is located in the SpaceEngine/system/ directory). Only the log file will help us to understand your problem and find a solution!

Fixing videocard-specific issues

If you do not know which videocard do you have, open the system/se.log file in the text editor and read the Vendor information in the beginning:

INITIALIZING OPENGL
    [MT] Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Then look for a solution for you:

Nvidia: Major lag spikes

Nvidia: Water missing on terras, clouds are below the surface

ATI/AMD: Crash on approaching to the black hole, neutron star or white dwarf, on using ship's hyperdrive, or when enabling the Oculus Rift mode or the Fish Eye mode

ATI/AMD: Crash on Startup on Windows 10

Intel HD: Glitchy landscape and textures on planets

Intel HD: Red clouds on Earth

Fixing common issues

1) Obsolete or incompatible drivers

2) Weak system

3) System with hybrid graphics (NVidia/ATI + Intel HD)

4) Artifacts on procedural planets

5) Frequent crashing while generating planetary surface

6) Spaceship disappears when far from a star

7) Blurry textures on Solar system planets

8) Problems with very high resolution displays

9) Problems in Windows 10 + AMD/ATI

List of known issues

Green items have been fixed for the next release

Not real bugs, but effects caused by limitations in the engine:

Real bugs:
  •  
    ZatSoloDate: Thursday, 04.06.2015, 19:11 | Message # 166
    Space Pilot
    Group: Users
    Italy
    Quote gift ()
    Every time I come near a global cluster the game starts to freeze.

Here a temporary workaround: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/21-3022-52722-16-1433196490
    I guess the problem will be fixed in a (not the) next patch wink

the_aydanDate: Saturday, 06.06.2015, 08:23 | Message # 167
    Observer
    Group: Newbies
    Australia
    Quote Travis575757 ()
    I made a post some time ago about not being able to see my cursor and having my gui bugged, I was told to just re-download the game and try changing the gui skin. Re-downloading didn't help and I can't change the gui skin, it just doesn't let me click the option.

I'm having the same issue, I've tried downloading .9.7.3 again and it ran fine the first time, but now I can't see the cursor and the menus are bugged. I also tried deleting the cache folder didn't make any difference.

BambusmanDate: Saturday, 06.06.2015, 09:47 | Message # 168
    Pioneer
    Group: SE team
    Germany
    the_aydan, please read the installation instruction
    You have to intall SpaceEngine 0972 first then extract the patch files(0973) in your installed SE folder.

EvilTimDate: Saturday, 06.06.2015, 18:47 | Message # 169
    Observer
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    This is my very first post here, so let me just say hi to everyone!

Now, on to the point. Version 0.9.7.3 is running much worse than 0.9.7.2 on my PC for some reason. I have them both installed on the same HDD (for comparison purposes), running with the exact same graphics settings. In 0.9.7.3 I get extreme lag spikes, especially when loading procedural planets' terrain. It often crawls to an almost complete stop which becomes really frustrating after a while. 0.9.7.2 on the other hand, is the best running version of SE I've tried since discovering it and I would use it if it didn't crash near black holes in that version.

My specs:
    AMD FX-8320 OC'd to 4.2GHz
    AMD R9 270X 2GB
    8GB 1866MHz RAM

PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 07.06.2015, 18:53 | Message # 170
    Pioneer
    United States
    Atmosphere horizon rendering breaks down on my modified Pluto. I gave it a "terraformed" look and while my computer has always had issues with rendering atmospheres on terrain, in the sense that the atmosphere causes my terrain to become partially transparent, I went down to sea level and this glitch caused the atmosphere-to-terrain rendering to break down, causing an ugly cyan line across the entire horizon.

Tfpluto.sc is a modified SolarSys.sc file so naturally SolarSys.sc will need to be commented out, should you choose to look at it.

Attachments: 2164736.png(409Kb) · tfpluto.zip(17Kb) · 6957956.log(38Kb)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

lee96chDate: Monday, 15.06.2015, 10:33 | Message # 171
    Observer
    Pirate
    I downloaded all the addons and unzipped it at plenets folder but there's no landscape in the solar system(planets were flat). But i can see landscape very well at other solar systems. Can you tell me what's the problem?

I have GTX 960, 4Giga Ram, i7,Windows7

Edited by lee96ch - Monday, 15.06.2015, 10:43

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 15.06.2015, 14:32 | Message # 172
    Cosmic Curator
    United States
    Quote lee96ch ()
    But i can see landscape very well at other solar systems.

Sol system planets use real textures with limited resolution, while other systems use textures generated by the program with resolution limited only by what the engine can produce.

This is clearly stated in the description for the planet texture downloads and in the FAQ, please read the description of a download before asking questions about it.

All forum users, please read this!
    My SE mods and addons
    Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

DisasterpieceDate: Saturday, 20.06.2015, 00:18 | Message # 173
    World Builder
    United States
    I feel so stupid, but I finally found the fix for the severe lag I'd been getting since 0.9.7 came out, and I found it in the sticky post at the top of this page. People, turn off your threaded optimization.

I play teh spase engien

PlutonianEmpireDate: Saturday, 20.06.2015, 05:26 | Message # 174
    Pioneer
    United States
    We can't turn it off if we're on Integrated Intel, IIRC. sad

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

the_aydanDate: Saturday, 20.06.2015, 08:40 | Message # 175
    Observer
    Australia
    Quote Bambusman ()
    the_aydan, please read the installation instruction
    You have to intall SpaceEngine 0972 first then extract the patch files(0973) in your installed SE folder.

That's what I did, and as I said, it ran fine the first time, but every time I have run it since, the GUI is unusable.

sent808Date: Saturday, 20.06.2015, 16:26 | Message # 176
    Astronaut
    Pirate
    hi. I dont know if this is a bug. But i try to set galaxy luminosity for my procedual galaxies using AbsMagn and AppMagn I though that if you increase the numbers the birghter or more luminosity has the galaxy. But then i go to my creations and they all have diferrent numbers + for example if i set AbsMagn -16.5 AppMagn 15.5 it just shows a total diferent number.

Seems i found a way out. Still the AbsMagn or AppMagn dont have the value i give them on sc. Is this because i am not looking from the sun or telescope???

Also i notice that even that for example i give a test galaxy -14 AppMagn HUGE HUGE the stars in that galaxy have all like *9000 luminosity but it really feels like i am traveling the milky way or any other galaxy. Ihave appmagnitud 7,7,7 and the incremental magnitud-size box on. (like delfault i think)

PD* also for the 100 time xd if someone knows a bit of how to set the number of stars in galaxy to a desire number lets say x. And wants to tell me smile (i know that diferent types of galaxies have diferent amount of stars. I am just really Resultados de i am just curious for the process).

Edited by sent808 - Saturday, 20.06.2015, 20:45

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 20.06.2015, 22:31 | Message # 177
    Cosmic Curator
    United States
    sent808, AbsMagn and AppMagn are mutually exclusive. You can only use one. And the astronomical magnitude scale is inverse logarithmic; smaller numbers are brighter, not larger numbers.

And no, there is no way to force a galaxy to have a specified number of stars.

My SE mods and addons

sent808Date: Saturday, 20.06.2015, 23:49 | Message # 178
    Astronaut
    Pirate
    Quote HarbingerDawn ()
    sent808, AbsMagn and AppMagn are mutually exclusive. You can only use one. And the astronomical magnitude scale is inverse logarithmic; smaller numbers are brighter, not larger numbers.

Okey yea i got this thanks. Took me a bit xdd also not helping when you create a 20 AppMagn and you see nothing when you press gg xD.

HimselfDate: Monday, 22.06.2015, 06:25 | Message # 179
    Astronaut
    United States
    For some reason the search function is unable to find catalog objects. I have had a similar problem with some of the default locations, though I can find most just fine.

Attachments: 2484737.jpg(172Kb) · 1510959.log(170Kb)

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 22.06.2015, 09:54 | Message # 180
    Cosmic Curator
    United States
    Quote Himself ()
    For some reason the search function is unable to find catalog objects.

It's listed as having no parent. Something must be wrong with your installation. Did you properly install the 0.9.7.3 patch on top of 0.9.7.2?

My SE mods and addons

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.3
    Page 12 of 37«1210111213143637»
    Search: