Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 19 of 45«1217181920214445»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 26.12.2014, 20:29 | Message # 1
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Please post here all of your reports about bugs or crashes in SpaceEngine. Before you post any bugs, please follow these steps:

• First of all, make sure you make a clean install of SpaceEngine and update your video card drivers. This may solve 99% of all isues.
  • Read the Fixing common issues section below. It is possible that your problem can be solved there.
  • Read the List of known issues section below and make sure that your bugs are not on in it. You can use your browser's word finder to help search the list.
  • If the bug is not on the list then please post it in this thread. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the se.log and is located in the SpaceEngine/system/ directory). Only the log file will help us to understand your problem and find a solution!

Fixing videocard-specific issues

If you do not know which videocard do you have, open the system/se.log file in the text editor and read the Vendor information in the beginning:

INITIALIZING OPENGL
    [MT] Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Then look for a solution for you:

Nvidia: Major lag spikes

ATI/AMD: Transparent or invisible planets, no landscape

ATI/AMD: Crash on approaching to the black hole, neutron star or white dwarf, on using ship's hyperdrive, or when enabling the Oculus Rift mode or the Fish Eye mode

Intel HD: Glitchy landscape and textures on planets

Intel HD: Crash near planets

Intel HD: Red clouds on Earth

Fixing common issues

1) Obsolete or incompatible drivers or strange error message "(NULL) 2.1 (NULL)"

2) Weak system

3) System with hybrid graphics (NVidia/ATI + Intel HD)

4) Artifacts on procedural planets

5) Frequent crashing while generating planetary surface

6) Spaceship disappears when far from a star

7) Blurry textures on Solar system planets

8) Crash on entering the Display menu

9) Problems with very high resolution displays

List of known issues

Green items have been fixed for the next release

Not real bugs, but effects caused by limitations in the engine:

Real bugs:
  •  
    Lord_DarkflameDate: Sunday, 11.01.2015, 10:00 | Message # 271
    Observer
    Group: Newbies
    Germany
    SpeicAsian,
    Quote Enki ()
    You need to update your driver software.

CarandmySon,
    Quote CarandmySon ()
    I hope this can help!!!
    May I request your logfile? You can find it in the SE folder -> System. The log file says many things and I forgot to ask for it, sry sad !!!
    I am not sure if I can help but I am trying hard...
    From above, you could try this:
    3) System with hybrid graphics (NVidia/ATI + Intel HD)

If you're running SE on a laptop with dual graphics, make sure SE runs on NVidia or ATI chip instead of Intel HD. You may see it in the beginning of "SpaceEngine/system/se.log" file. If it says:

Vendor: Intel
    Renderer: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

then you should open NVidia Control Panel or ATI Catalyst and force SpaceEngine.exe run on NVidia/ATI graphics card. If you do not found SpaceEngine profile there, create a new one.

Look at those happy sunflowers . . .
    Now you should be happier than before!

Edited by Lord_Darkflame - Sunday, 11.01.2015, 11:38

youvaDate: Sunday, 11.01.2015, 16:43 | Message # 272
    Observer
    Canada
    Quote Enki ()
    You need to update your driver software. I just had this problem as well. First find your pc model and OS version at computer>system information (Mine is an HP Compaq 6005 with Windows 7 x86). Second find out what your graphics card is by going to computer>system information>device manager>display adapters (Mine is an ATI Radeon HD 4200, I know crappy). If you have NVidia, you may be able to get a newer version of your driver at their website, but for now just I would just get it from your pc vendor's website. Use your information there to find your driver. Download and install it. If it asks you to restart, do so and try running it again.

Hope this helps.

I tried this already and it doesn't work :/

pzampellaDate: Sunday, 11.01.2015, 17:38 | Message # 273
    Space Pilot
    Group: Users
    Venezuela
    Hi,
    I reciently created the asteroid system (47171) 1999 TC36, which has 3 asteroids orbiting a barycenter. It works perfectly, but SE recognizes it barycenter as a planet when I press F2 on Sol.

Any ideas?

Edit: SpaceEngineer, the catalog would be this:

Attachments: 5441255.png(69Kb)

Edited by pzampella - Monday, 12.01.2015, 23:21

NemoDate: Sunday, 11.01.2015, 17:58 | Message # 274
    Observer
    United States
    "ATI/AMD: Crash on approaching to the black hole, neutron star or white dwarf"

I am currently having this problem. Whenever I approach a white dwarf the game will crash. (I haven't tested it with neutron stars or black holes) Long story short....

"Space engine has stopped working" Yesterday I approached Sirius B and My computer crashed and I got a BSOD. (The error code was 0XA0000001 in case you were wondering. Something to do with atikmdag.sys not responding http://tinyurl.com/pavb4j2)

The graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 8670D. I just recently installed the new version. (0.9.7.2) And only now am I having this problem. I didn't have this issue in the previous version.

Now I found user.cfg under Libraries>Documents>My Games>SpaceEngine0.972>Config and I opened it in the notepad and found it.... (Please note the picture I attached)

Now... Do I just change the value to false?

Thank you.

Edit: Ok. So i changed the value to false. And... It seems to have fixed the problem.

However.

Now all the planets are transparent wink

Trying to fix the problem now.....

Edit2: Where can i actually find this driver version? "Try revert back the driver to the version 14.4." The driver version i had before this was version 13.152.1.1000.

I currently have version 14.501.1003.0. http://www.mediafire.com/download/nx6371iuyxvk3ug/atioglxx.dll <---- Is this the download for it? Or is it something else?

Edit3: Ok. So i reverted back too version 13.152.1.1000..... Annnnnnnnd. No more see through planets smile

However i would still appreciate it if someone gave Me a URL where i can download the 14.4 driver version and install it :/ This version is extremely outdated. 9/10/2013

Attachments: 2293254.log(30Kb) · 6668725.jpg(298Kb) · 0167419.jpg(202Kb) · 3352418.png(95Kb) · 5452378.png(90Kb)

Edited by Nemo - Monday, 12.01.2015, 00:38

Lord_DarkflameDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 10:13 | Message # 275
    Observer
    Germany
    Nemo,
    Quote Nemo ()
    I currently have version 14.501.1003.0. http://www.mediafire.com/download/nx6371iuyxvk3ug/atioglxx.dll <---- Is this the download for it? Or is it something else?

As far as i know, the link you pointed at should be the download. Hadn't tried it out until now (have the transparent planet Problem too) but it seems to work.
    Question: Did you install the old driver or placed the .dll file in the SE/System folder? As Harbinger dawn says in the first post on every page, this should work too...

Look at those happy sunflowers . . .
    Now you should be happier than before!

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 10:45 | Message # 276
    Author of Space Engine
    Russian Federation
    Quote Vaktermesz ()
    So, my problem is, if i want to go to a planet like deserts or selenas, i have a black texture bug.

Read the fixes for ATI in the top of the page.

Quote CarandmySon ()
    Whenever i try to open the program, an error message pops up saying "(Null) (2.1) (Null)". If i close the error message, the program continues to load for a short while, the completely crashes with no trace. Can anyone help me with this?

This is a bugged error message. This says "You have obsolete OpenGL version (2.1). Update you video card driver or install compatible hardware". So read the opening post of this thread.

Quote Quark ()
    I wanted to ask in space engine 9.7.0.2 corona of stars is not animated, is a problem of some settings?

Did you tried to speedup the time?

Quote Nirklars ()
    The only way to avoid this flickering for me that I've found is to completely disable 3D water but that doesn't look as fancy

Open console (~ key) and type:
    set ClipZNear 0.01

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 11:09 | Message # 277
    Author of Space Engine
    Russian Federation
    Quote Atheist101 ()
    Ok so i went and took a screen of the Irr galaxy that's crashing.

Did it crashes when you approach the black hole? Try go to one from the locations, or spawn a ship and use its hyperdrive. If this is the issue, then fixes for black holes on AMD may help.

Quote the_nerervarine ()
    Has anyone figured out how to improve performance with evaporation trails/comet tails?

There no way to improve it.

Quote Spyro ()
    Why is all the polar ice on planets rendering on the equator, and the equatorial deserts only loading on the poles?

lol what? Of course no. Maybe you misinterpret the ice and sand? Can you post a screenshot?

Quote Atheist101 ()
    Now for some reason when it go to Display the engine crashes.

This bug is already fixed, wait for a patch.
    The crash will not occur if you have 2 monitors, or if you first go fullscreen and back with a hotkes (alt-enter).

Quote SpeicAsian ()
    So I downloaded the installer and followed its instructions, then whenever I tried to open up Space Engine a page pops up saying:
    Error
    (null) (2.1).
    (null)

Look my previous post, the same error.

Quote youva ()
    Every time I run SE, the screen is fully white. The sound works and the cursor appears and I can move it too. Anyone can help me figure out what is the problem here?

Disable threaded optimization for SE in the NVidia control panel.

Quote minecraftoboe ()
    Space Engine crashes right after I click on planetarium.
    I have an intel i3 processor, 12 GB of RAM, and an ATI Raedon HD 5450 graphics card.
    I also have trouble finding what version of OpenGL I have. please help I've been raging about this for an hour now

Delete the graphics card driver
    Download and install the new one from the AMD site
    Follow the AMD issues solution in the opening post of this thread.

Quote pzampella ()
    Hi,
    I reciently created the asteroid system (47171) 1999 TC36, which has 3 asteroids orbiting a barycenter. It works perfectly, but SE recognizes it barycenter as a planet when I press F2 on Sol.

Show us the system code.

Quote Nemo ()
    Edit3: Ok. So i reverted back too version 13.152.1.1000..... Annnnnnnnd. No more see through planets

Did you deleted the cache folder after driver update?
    Alternatively, you may just copy dll into SE instead of reverting the driver.

CesrateDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 14:50 | Message # 278
    Astronaut
    China
    Errr... Don't know if it's reported here.... What's wrong with Dactyl...

Attachments: 8032261.png(135Kb)

magnetwardrobeDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 15:17 | Message # 279
    Observer
    Pirate
    My Space engine is broken. I've attempted to redownload, reinstall, I've messed with the visuals, nothing seems to work.

Only one of the settings are visible, the rest flash randomly ( I can still click all of them) . when I'm on the surface of a planet, trying to load up the scenery, it either looks very low quality or glitches out and creates wierd layers of terrain I stood still for fifteen minutes seeing if it was just taking a long time to load, it wasn't.

Attachments: 3081220.png(203Kb)

MosfetDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 15:25 | Message # 280
    World Builder
    Italy
    magnetwardrobe, what are your computer specifications? Please attach your se.log (as suggested on the sticky message on top of this page).

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Douglas N. Adams
    My mods
    Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

WatsisnameDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 15:26 | Message # 281
    Galaxy Architect
    Group: Global Moderators
    United States
    magnetwardrobe, bug reports and troubleshooting problems belong here -- review the forum rules and see the sticky threads. Also please read the opening post here to see if anything there is relevant. If not, your log file will be necessary for us to help figure out the problem.

n0b0dyDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 15:31 | Message # 282
    Explorer
    Pirate
    Quote Cesrate ()
    Errr... Don't know if it's reported here.... What's wrong with Dactyl...

Cesrate, Make sure you are not using autoexposure set to normal as it is unfinished in current version:

Quote HarbingerDawn ()
    - "Normal" autoexposure mode is unfinished

CesrateDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 15:35 | Message # 283
    Astronaut
    China
    n0b0dy, I'm not using auto exposure, and the problem is the temperature of Dactyl.

magnetwardrobeDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 16:31 | Message # 284
    Observer
    Pirate
    Here are some more images. I'm not entirely sure where to find the directory (either I'm not thinking straight or I truly don't know) so I hope this can be sufficient.

Attachments: 0840739.jpg(434Kb) · 7456708.jpg(487Kb)

Edited by magnetwardrobe - Monday, 12.01.2015, 16:38

n0b0dyDate: Monday, 12.01.2015, 16:40 | Message # 285
    Explorer
    Pirate
    Quote Cesrate ()
    n0b0dy, I'm not using auto exposure, and the problem is the temperature of Dactyl.

Erhm.. now I see.. you are right wacko , probably an error in the catalog file for sol? But as far as I remember there is no temperature quotation in solarsys.sc (at least in previous version). I don't know waht's going on here sad

Edited by n0b0dy - Monday, 12.01.2015, 16:41

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.7.2
    Page 19 of 45«1217181920214445»
    Search: