[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 48 of 70«1246474849506970»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress - 0.9.7.2
Work progress - 0.9.7.2
Joey_PenguinDate: Saturday, 25.10.2014, 16:13 | Message # 706
Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
I was wondering why the accretion disk was shaped like an egg.

Careful. The PLATT Collective has spurs.

Tac1017Date: Saturday, 25.10.2014, 17:38 | Message # 707
Explorer
United States
WOW! THIS IS AMAZING! Just add trees on planets with life and I found my favorite game just better biggrin

The Terra Hunter of the Milky Way!

(By the way, I was born in 2001, NOT 1972 XD)

SalvoDate: Saturday, 25.10.2014, 18:06 | Message # 708
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Flux:

Wow... that background... this is photorealism...
Also, I really love this new feature cry

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 26.10.2014, 13:32 | Message # 709
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote FastFourierTransform ()
I understand that there are no bluish parts in the disk then

It is, it just oversaturated. Keep in mind that thermal emission brightness is proportional to T4, so 2 times hotter parts emit 16 times more light.

Quote Betelgeuze ()
SpaceEngineer this supermassive black hole? or normal black hole?

This doesn't matter, this is WIP.

apenpaapDate: Sunday, 26.10.2014, 13:51 | Message # 710
World Builder
Antarctica
The disks look fantastic! Are they going to be around every black hole, or only ones in binary systems or globular clusters?

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

AdiabatDate: Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 12:07 | Message # 711
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
This doesn't matter, this is WIP.

Well, WIP or not I don't understand a heck about black hole blink
I don't get why physicists even bother to consider a black hole mass when they suppose at the same time that a singularity lives at the center of it. Mathematical infinity has no physical counterpart for what I know. Beuhhhhh....

Still, very nice work by SE smile

pzampellaDate: Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 13:37 | Message # 712
Space Pilot
Venezuela
Adiabat, it is important because even if near the singularity, gravity tends to infinity, at a distance of, lets say, a hundred AU, the gravitational field will not be the same for a black hole with 10 solar masses or 10,000,000 solar masses.

matyno13Date: Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 19:44 | Message # 713
Observer
Pirate
I wonder, will you be adding jets to some of the super massive blackholes?

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Tuesday, 28.10.2014, 20:05 | Message # 714
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote matyno13 ()
I wonder, will you be adding jets to some of the super massive blackholes?

If it happens in real life then

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Anyway, I should note: as long as SE is a scientifically accurate Universe simulator, then one day it will implement ALL space objects and phenomenon that are known to modern astronomy. So you may not bother yourself with questions like "will SE one day have meteor rain implemented". I guarantee that it WILL.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

n0b0dyDate: Wednesday, 29.10.2014, 07:20 | Message # 715
Explorer
Pirate
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Velocity (more precisely, blueshift):

Flux:

Attachments: 4801233.jpg(248Kb) · 6859100.jpg(129Kb)

Are these in-game screenshots from 0.9.7.2? surprised

AdiabatDate: Wednesday, 29.10.2014, 12:43 | Message # 716
Observer
Pirate
Quote pzampella ()
Adiabat, it is important because even if near the singularity, gravity tends to infinity, at a distance of, lets say, a hundred AU, the gravitational field will not be the same for a black hole with 10 solar masses or 10,000,000 solar masses.

Hello!
I know that but my point is: the singularity that is supposed to live there is a zero dimension space region thus with zero volume. No matter the mass you consider, the result is the same, you get a zero divider leading to mathematical infinity.

The question is whether that infinity result should be considered as a physical object or not. I've always been told that it is a bad move to admit a physical counterpart for a mathematical infinity. It is showing instead that there is a problem with the theory or that, at least, we have reached its domain limits. And that's also why physicists always try to avoid that in their equations by using renormalization, for what I know. No matter the mass, you will have an infinite density with a zero volume.

So what? Why infinite gravity and density should give a different gravitational field in that case if you consider 10 or 1 billion solar masses? Without singularity I've no problem, it is clear for everyone. But with it, I don't get it. I don't see where is the physical sense to even bother considering any mass you want with a zero dimensional object. This is the same conceptual problem with zero dimensional particles and quantum physics Bell's theorem.

So, even if I'm seeing plenty of nice 3D pictures of black holes in magazines and TV or supposed indirect observations, I'm still dubious scientific community is all OK with that concept without any debates... There is no tools in general relativity or quantum mechanics to describe exactly what's happening when a star collapse, reach the event horizon and approach the singularity limit. What's happening when you approach that point? Is there one or more intermediate state(s)? Is matter "simply" rebounding as quantum loop gravity is suggesting because space as has a minimal Planck volume, avoiding singularity? Infinity is not a good answer. It is a mathematical warning. At least I hope it is not a good answer for some physicists because if not, I feel like science is in a sort of wonderland on that matter...

Well, I guess this is not the place to talk about that (my apologizes to harbinger). Let's hope we will soon get a precise picture of the supposed black hole at Cygnus X1 location, maybe with space interferometry. I will not bet on a black hole staying there...

Cheers!

Edited by Adiabat - Wednesday, 29.10.2014, 12:46

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 29.10.2014, 13:10 | Message # 717
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Adiabat, I think he said what tidal forces are different at the event horizon of a solar-mass black hole and a supermassive black hole. First black hole will rip arart even small dist grains, while at second black hole even a large space ship could survive. Tidal forces is proportional to the inverse cube of the distance (lets say about newtonian approach), event horizon radius is proportional to the black hole mass, so tidal forces are proportional to 1/M3 and those quickly reduces as mass increases. 1 million solar mass black hole would have tidal forces at its event horizon 1015 times smaller than 10 solar mass black hole.

But this conversation should be moved away from this topic.

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 29.10.2014, 13:12 | Message # 718
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
I finally made a thing I wanted to made since beginning of SE... Motion blur for galaxies!

Attachments: 4002504.jpg(196Kb)

apenpaapDate: Wednesday, 29.10.2014, 13:15 | Message # 719
World Builder
Antarctica
Very cool, that'll look nice when going from one end of the universe to the other.

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

SolarLinerDate: Wednesday, 29.10.2014, 13:44 | Message # 720
Explorer
France
Now with Galaxies motion blur, you won't even know if you're traveling at 10 pc/s or 10 Mpc/s.

custom landing page to share: http://bit.ly/spaceengine

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress - 0.9.7.2
Page 48 of 70«1246474849506970»
Search: