[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 46 of 70«1244454647486970»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress - 0.9.7.2
Work progress - 0.9.7.2
HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 22.10.2014, 03:02 | Message # 676
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Ok, all but three posts on the last page (pg 45) were off topic. Remember people, this is a place for SpaceEngineer to post updates and for everyone to comment on his posts. Don't discuss anything else here - that includes not asking for progress updates or release dates. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted without warning.

Stay on topic from now on.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 23.10.2014, 19:58 | Message # 677
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Implemented a week or so ago, but still not finished (you may notice the old stars). Thin rotating accretion disk around the black hole at different exposures:

Attachments: 0024965.jpg(441Kb) · 2685678.jpg(100Kb)

DeathStarDate: Thursday, 23.10.2014, 20:19 | Message # 678
Pioneer
Group: Users
Croatia
Ohhhh yeaaaah! One of my most sought-after features. These don't spawn around all black holes, of course? Also, what is than thin(but bright) line in the black hole lens itself?

Edited by DeathStar - Thursday, 23.10.2014, 20:22

Antza2Date: Thursday, 23.10.2014, 20:22 | Message # 679
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Awesome happy

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

Joey_PenguinDate: Thursday, 23.10.2014, 21:35 | Message # 680
Pioneer
United States
I'm sorry, could you repost, SpaceEngineer? All I saw was

Love it! cry

Careful. The PLATT Collective has spurs.

Edited by Joey_Penguin - Thursday, 23.10.2014, 21:36

SolarLinerDate: Thursday, 23.10.2014, 21:58 | Message # 681
Explorer
France
Does this mean new exposure control algorithm? If yes, then ERMAGHERD it's gonna be so amazing, making real HDR from bracketed shots !

custom landing page to share: http://bit.ly/spaceengine

giftDate: Thursday, 23.10.2014, 22:05 | Message # 682
Space Pilot
United States
Hey space engineer about those flares that come out of stars are you gonna add a feature to disable them because my computer can't seem to handle the graphics of aurora and comet tails

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 23.10.2014, 22:40 | Message # 683
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote SolarLiner ()
Does this mean new exposure control algorithm?

0.972 will have new exposure algorithm, but, as many features, unfinished and very beta.

Quote gift ()
Hey space engineer about those flares that come out of stars are you gonna add a feature to disable them because my computer can't seem to handle the graphics of aurora and comet tails

Which flares?

spacerDate: Thursday, 23.10.2014, 22:41 | Message # 684
Star Engineer
Israel
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Which flares?

i think he talking about what you posted first in the work progress

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 23.10.2014, 23:08 | Message # 685
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote SolarLiner ()
Does this mean new exposure control algorithm?

Why would it mean that? The current exposure system could take those shots.

Quote gift ()

1) They're called coronae/coronas.
2) They're not related to comet tails and aurorae, they should not have any impact on performance.
3) Yes, I'm pretty sure SpaceEngineer said somewhere that you can disable them and use the current system.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

WatsisnameDate: Friday, 24.10.2014, 00:17 | Message # 686
Galaxy Architect
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Implemented a week or so ago, but still not finished (you may notice the old stars). Thin rotating accretion disk around the black hole at different exposures:

Oh, that is nice! cool
Is this giving accurate treatment of Doppler/relativistic effects? Seems like it is with the asymmetry of disk's brightness.

FaceDeerDate: Friday, 24.10.2014, 02:38 | Message # 687
Space Pilot
Canada
Ooh. In cases where there's an accretion disk, might there be some asteroids and comets in relatively close orbits around the black hole too? I've long hunted for black holes with objects close enough to them that I could get a nice vista with the black hole visible in the sky, but the procedural generation algorithms only ever seem to put one or two ice worlds a hundred AU out.

I know the violence of a black hole's formation process would destroy any existing solar system, but we know that some neutron stars have planet-like bodies orbiting them in real life so there must be some mechanism for them to be captured or formed afterward.

To connect with some of your other in-progress work, I bet planets close to pulsars would have phosphorescent glow from the high energy radiation. smile

WatsisnameDate: Friday, 24.10.2014, 04:14 | Message # 688
Galaxy Architect
United States
Quote FaceDeer ()
In cases where there's an accretion disk, might there be some asteroids and comets in relatively close orbits around the black hole too?

Tidal forces would be a big problem for stellar mass black holes -- comets and asteroids would be utterly torn apart if they got too close. Also, the accretion disks are very hot and put out a lot of radiation. The environment near black holes and especially smaller or actively accreting black holes is probably not very hospitable to such objects.

FaceDeerDate: Friday, 24.10.2014, 05:22 | Message # 689
Space Pilot
Canada
I don't mean having planets or asteroids right in the accretion disk, of course. Accretion disks are made of gas and dust for a reason. smile

But black hole gravitation is no different from any other mass' gravitation when you're not near the event horizon. If an asteroid can survive orbiting a star at a few million kilometers orbital radius without being tidally disrupted then it can survive orbiting a black hole with the same mass at the same orbital radius.

WatsisnameDate: Friday, 24.10.2014, 06:01 | Message # 690
Galaxy Architect
United States
Ah, yes, I should have recognized what you were asking and meant by 'relatively close'. Sorry. smile

Yeah, you could have stuff orbiting close enough such that the hole is an impressive presence in the sky. The formation process of a black hole would indeed destroy anything that was there in the first place, but capture processes might be possible.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress - 0.9.7.2
Page 46 of 70«1244454647486970»
Search: