Page 39 of 70«1237383940416970»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress - 0.9.7.2
Work progress - 0.9.7.2
HandbananaDate: Monday, 29.09.2014, 14:23 | Message # 571
Astronaut
Group: Users
United States
Quote Fireinthehole ()
When will the Solar system planets have procedural textures? Is it very difficult to implement?

I'm guessing that the features of that will be implemented incrementally. SpaceEngineer has already put in things in 0.9.7.2 such as modifiable sea levels on earth and a slightly higher LOD.

Tonight... you.

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 29.09.2014, 14:53 | Message # 572
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Fireinthehole ()
When will the Solar system planets have procedural textures? Is it very difficult to implement?

Yes, the terrain engine should be completely changed.

second-ichDate: Monday, 29.09.2014, 17:04 | Message # 573
Space Pilot
Germany
I just want to ask if the new 3D option contain the possibility for parallel and cross-eye watching for those people who don't have a 3D TV or Monitor?

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 29.09.2014, 21:56 | Message # 574
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
No. I can implement it, but not sure it is a good idea. SE is vast, you can resolve distance to the objects on;y on the planetary surface or near the space ship. The most time 3D TV only let you feel the infinite depth (like looking through the window). But I think this cannot be achieved with cross-eye method, also it is very painful and dangerous to eyes.

second-ichDate: Tuesday, 30.09.2014, 14:33 | Message # 575
Space Pilot
Germany
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
The most time 3D TV only let you feel the infinite depth (like looking through the window).

I think the most time you fly through galaxies with billions of stars, star clusters or nebular which must be even more impressive in 3D. Also can you only really perceive the "honeycomb structure" of the universe in 3D.

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
But I think this cannot be achieved with cross-eye method, also it is very painful and dangerous to eyes.

Yes, the cross-eye method is a bit uncomfortable but I can watch with the parallel method for hours without effort and for me personally its very easy to achieve the 3D effect.

Well, of course I don't want to wast your time but I think there are more people than me who would like such an option.

Edited by second-ich - Tuesday, 30.09.2014, 14:34

FastFourierTransformDate: Tuesday, 30.09.2014, 15:02 | Message # 576
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
One question.

Is the view with the Oculus like that? I mean, you only see 3d for landscapes but when you go far you see the planets and the galaxy as a plane because the distance is so enormous compared with my eyes parallax we lose the perception of depth??

It could be made a "GOD-mode" where the distance beetwen eyes gets inmense at choice (light years eye separation) as if you where a galactic monster playing with small little balls. I would add that only for gaining a 3d perception of the galactic enviroment and then scroll to the normal eye distance to feel the brutal inmensity of a real universe as we would see it.

SolarLinerDate: Wednesday, 01.10.2014, 13:29 | Message # 577
Explorer
France
Yeah, especially for 3D TVs a god 3D mode would be cool to see.
know it isn't realistic, but else the pros of a 3D system goes away, even if you have that "infinitely far away" feeling.

I guess that could be an option to turn on and off: increase eye separation as you go further away. Would make some great 3D shots!

custom landing page to share: http://bit.ly/spaceengine

arximidis0Date: Thursday, 02.10.2014, 16:13 | Message # 578
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Good to see more of this project, and I will try to donate but...
Can I ask something a bit off topic? On the latest version, I couldn't see the..light/corona or whatever it's called around the stars. They weren't showing light effect from a distance, for example if you were on the surface of a planet, the star up there did not have light. I tried to do something, I saw in the options, nothing. But when I downloaded older versions, the stars where shining alot, had alot of light.
Sorry for my bad english, but can anyone tell me the problem? sad
For a beta, this is really amazing. I wonder what 100% completely finished version would look like lol. Keep up good work!

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 02.10.2014, 16:33 | Message # 579
Cosmic Curator
United States
arximidis0, are you using an Nvidia card with recent drivers? If so, that's the problem, there are a lot of issues with the newest drivers.

Also, please read the forum rules so you know where best to post about issues like this.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Thursday, 02.10.2014, 16:34

Unknown50Date: Thursday, 02.10.2014, 18:32 | Message # 580
Observer
Cyprus
Yes I am using GTX 650 Ti with latest drivers. In the newer version of Space Engine (0.9.7.2) Will I be able to view the light of the stars, or no is it still a problem?
By the way, I just created an account ^ that's my comment up there (arximidis0), I just sign up from google+. But now that I created an account here, I will go see the rules now and see where I can be in topic, thanks!

Edited by Unknown50 - Thursday, 02.10.2014, 18:34

lasherdavidDate: Sunday, 05.10.2014, 00:18 | Message # 581
Observer
Pirate
Quote Unknown50 ()
Yes I am using GTX 650 Ti with latest drivers. In the newer version of Space Engine (0.9.7.2) Will I be able to view the light of the stars, or no is it still a problem?
By the way, I just created an account ^ that's my comment up there (arximidis0), I just sign up from google+. But now that I created an account here, I will go see the rules now and see where I can be in topic, thanks!

Open GEForce and roll back one driver, everything works fine for me - the latest driver has some issues with much more than SE.

I just glossed over the dev thread here and I have to say - well done Vladimir! I think one of the things I'm most excited for (aside from *everything* in the thread thus far) are the potential SDSS catalog additions. :D

sniper23Date: Monday, 06.10.2014, 07:53 | Message # 582
Observer
United Kingdom
Space Engine was greenlitted in steam but It not still in steam . Because still in beta ?

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 06.10.2014, 09:33 | Message # 583
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote sniper23 ()
Space Engine was greenlitted in steam but It not still in steam . Because still in beta ?

Being Greenlit does not mean that a product must move onto Steam immediately, just that it is allowed to move onto Steam. SpaceEngineer will release SE on Steam when he thinks it is ready.

My SE mods and addons

The_BlazerDate: Monday, 06.10.2014, 21:10 | Message # 584
Space Tourist
Italy
Umh, I know that you have a "When it's done" policy and I understand why, but could the nVidia driver fix (Space Engineer said that the driver problems have already been solved in his 0.9.7.2 build) be released separately as a patch? Or is it too hard-wired in the update to be separated? I'm asking this because it's really sad that I can't update my NV drivers past 337, plus, SE has a bunch of other issues even with 337 such as general instability (occasionally the screen will completely black out, or the game will crash and return one of those hexadecimal runtime errors along the lines of "Program requested runtime to terminate it due to yadda yadda 0x2AF3 yadda yadda".).

Born too early to explore space... But just in time for Space Engine.

PC Specs:
GTX 770 (2GB VRAM) - i5 4570 - 8GB RAM

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 06.10.2014, 21:15 | Message # 585
Cosmic Curator
United States
He has already said somewhere that he isn't able to make a patch for it, so it will have to come with the new version.

My SE mods and addons

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress - 0.9.7.2
Page 39 of 70«1237383940416970»
Search: