[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 31 of 70«1229303132336970»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress - 0.9.7.2
Work progress - 0.9.7.2
SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 23.08.2014, 20:24 | Message # 451
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
I will upload the file when the GUI in the new version will be ready.

Storm026Date: Saturday, 23.08.2014, 20:31 | Message # 452
Observer
Group: Users
United States
how is development going? making any good progress, hope you will still have some kind of lava in this next update! Good luck! Thanks for working on making lava!! biggrin

ZatSoloDate: Saturday, 23.08.2014, 22:33 | Message # 453
Space Pilot
Italy
Quote Storm026 ()
how is development going?

Have you take a peek at the first message of this thread? wink

TuskinDate: Sunday, 24.08.2014, 03:58 | Message # 454
Space Pilot
Canada
Quote Storm026 ()
how is development going?

Read the last 5 or so pages.

Master_RamboDate: Sunday, 24.08.2014, 22:26 | Message # 455
Space Tourist
United States
Quote ZatSolo ()
how is development going? Have you take a peek at the first message of this thread?

I don't see lava on that list sad

spyradDate: Sunday, 24.08.2014, 22:40 | Message # 456
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Quote Master_Rambo ()

I don't see lava on that list

Maybe because it isn't done yet.

Donatelo200Date: Sunday, 24.08.2014, 23:44 | Message # 457
Explorer
United States
There are some WIP pictures of lava on pages 25 and 27. smile

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Unknown 16G-D3-1600-MR 2x8GB
MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

Edited by Donatelo200 - Sunday, 24.08.2014, 23:44

SanoconDate: Monday, 25.08.2014, 06:15 | Message # 458
Space Tourist
United States
Quote Master_Rambo ()
I don't see lava on that list

I don't pay attention to the list, besides, it's a lot better to read the posts to see whats going on, I read the new posts every day or so.

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 29.08.2014, 19:46 | Message # 459
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
I made something you are really like - the parametric planet searcher. It is an option of the old star searcher: ability to set up a planet/moon parameters filter. Once set up, the searcher will examine each generated planetary system and count the number of planets/moons that match the filter. This count is output in the last column.

Here I found 3 star systems with terra with life orbiting a gas giant:

And here I found a terra with 7 selena moons (and 1 desert moon):

Of course this is a cheat feature and will be disabled in the game. In the game players can search planets only through a server database of discovered planets. This is a key gameplay feature. But maybe this searcher must be disablen in the planetarium too? It is too easy to find a terra with life now. I made this system for developing purposes, to be able to find specific planet type more easy.

The next stages is moving the star class filter into the star search stage, ie if you set up it for "Main Sequence G star", the star searcher will ignore all stars except GXV ones. This will allow to utilize the limited capacity of searcher list. Another possible improvement - generating a list of planets/moons what passed the filter and output it in some way. Maybe additional window opened then you click on the "filter" cell in the table. This window will have a table with list of founded planets/moons, click on which will select the object. But this is even more cheat option smile

Attachments: 7317194.jpg(506Kb) · 1643358.jpg(488Kb)

SalvoDate: Friday, 29.08.2014, 19:51 | Message # 460
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Awesome! I think the best option is to make a Line-Command cheat to enable search functions in planetarium mode. So if someone doesn't care about spoilering the gameplay can still do that.

Eventually "life" panel on standard search window may be hidden, and it shows only if you enabled the cheat smile

Question: Does the "filter" thing decreases search speed?

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Edited by Salvo - Friday, 29.08.2014, 19:56

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 29.08.2014, 20:35 | Message # 461
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote Salvo ()
Question: Does the "filter" thing decreases search speed?

No, generating the planetary system is much slower than checking the filter for each body in it.

QuietlyConidentDate: Friday, 29.08.2014, 20:37 | Message # 462
Astronaut
United Kingdom
SpaceEngineer, I genuinely think that the filter should be included in the base game (as a cheatcode/hidden option at the least.) I'm not sure about other people on this forum but I very much use SpaceEngine as a tool for worldbuilding and inspiration, and being able to narrow down filters like that would be supremely useful. I think the more options you can give the player the better. No sense in arbitrarily restricting people if the feature exists

Of course, in the actual "game" this doesn't have to be the case. But for the Planetarium? Absolutely include it.

Edited by QuietlyConident - Friday, 29.08.2014, 21:31

HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 29.08.2014, 20:51 | Message # 463
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
But maybe this searcher must be disablen in the planetarium too?

No, I think it should be available for everyone. As QuietlyConident said, there are people - many people - who use the program for purposes of building their own universes and seeking inspiration for their personal creative projects. Hiding the filter would make this a lot harder for them. Also, the filter would make it much easier for new users to discover all of the possibilities that SE has to offer, which could help them to become more interested.

In short: I strongly believe the filter should not be hidden.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

SolarLinerDate: Friday, 29.08.2014, 21:32 | Message # 464
Explorer
France
I think Space Engine in Planetarium mode should have any sort of search function accessible from anywhere (and it is, this is not criticism on what's done), so finding what you want is fast, easy and reliable. Need a world with a terra orbiting a gas giant? No problemo, you got thousands of them waiting for you to be searched.

Ideally that should make no spoiler problems as the game and the planetarium would have different seeds and probabilistic parameters, so that universes are not the same.

custom landing page to share: http://bit.ly/spaceengine

Stargate38Date: Friday, 29.08.2014, 22:15 | Message # 465
Astronaut
United States
Nice! I'll be able to find more high ESI planets that way. I hope, when you do release the game version, that you make it possible to play offline (without Internet) as an option. That way people can still play, even if their connection is lost for extended periods of time. Also, please don't charge people a monthly fee for playing on the server. I want to be able to play it for free (as in 100% free), not "Pay-to-Play" (subscription) or "Free-to-Play" (surviving on buying extras), even if there is an initial, one-time payment (which I hope there isn't)! Otherwise, I won't play at all (I hate it when they charge monthly fees for playing online games! angry ).

Also, if you (hopefully) do make the game version free, PLEASE make it open-source. I want to look at the source code and see what the random seed number is for the planets generator.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress - 0.9.7.2
Page 31 of 70«1229303132336970»
Search: