Work progress - 0.9.7.2
FastFourierTransformDate: Thursday, 14.08.2014, 02:09 | Message # 406
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
Thanks for responding me Space Engineer. Well explained answers smile

Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Wait for SE 1.0 for this feature.

Excelent, I can wait an incredible amount of time because I know it's going to be great.

Space Engine will need, after the first version release, an entire multidiciplinar team to discuss the Geology, Astrophysics, Mechanics, Relativistic Effects, Optical Phenomena, Termodynamics, Electromagnetism, Biology, ect...
Maybe after that release you can find support from entire organizations to develope your program, as NASA or Roscosmos or maybe better, some accademy of science or university so you can make this encyclopedic masterpiece of human present perspective about the cosmos with a well financed non-profit source.

Edited by FastFourierTransform - Thursday, 14.08.2014, 02:10

carlsaganDate: Thursday, 14.08.2014, 05:02 | Message # 407
Observer
Group: Users
United States
Great job on the production. I am new to the site and Engine but am already feeling like this is something I would love to get involved in!

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

-Carl Sagan-

batmumpDate: Thursday, 14.08.2014, 10:00 | Message # 408
Observer
Group: Newbies
Germany
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
I will not make any mini updates or mini patches. This is simply impossible, because I have to combine new code with old one.

Yes, I understand. It was also meant more tongue in cheek. But it is really time soon .. I can not wait with your wonderful software and the Oculus go on my first real "holodeck" experience wink

Tac1017Date: Thursday, 14.08.2014, 18:33 | Message # 409
Explorer
United States
I was thinking of planetary filters for the star catalog for planets in the vicinity you selected for the stars. more like, I can search for a Terra with an esi over 0.900 and an atmosphere pressure between 1 atm and 1.5 atm so the systems with your selections would show up instead of every system in vicinity

The Terra Hunter of the Milky Way!

(By the way, I was born in 2001, NOT 1972 XD)

QnziDate: Friday, 15.08.2014, 03:54 | Message # 410
Observer
China
Quote FastFourierTransform ()
Space Engine will need, after the first version release, an entire multidiciplinar team to discuss the Geology, Astrophysics, Mechanics, Relativistic Effects, Optical Phenomena, Termodynamics, Electromagnetism, Biology, ect... Maybe after that release you can find support from entire organizations to develope your program, as NASA or Roscosmos or maybe better, some accademy of science or university so you can make this encyclopedic masterpiece of human present perspective about the cosmos with a well financed non-profit source.

That might be a long run target. I think whether the job you discribed will be done or not depends on the eventual target. If SE is going to be a game, it will not need to be THAT accurate, yet if it is going to be a virtual reality softwaare, that discussion will be needed. Anyway, I believe it is a long run target. At present, I think a software release with fatastic procedure view is expected by many people.

FaceDeerDate: Friday, 15.08.2014, 05:20 | Message # 411
Space Pilot
Canada
I occasionally come across interesting scientific articles and other studies in which planetologists have interesting ideas and predictions about the sorts of unusual extrasolar planets exist out in the universe - carbon worlds, tide-locked worlds, planets orbiting white dwarfs or neutron stars, highly inclined or eccentric planet orbits, etc. Is there a good forum to just toss those into for SpaceEngineer to browse at his liesure, perhaps? I see so many interesting things that seem like they could be added to Space Engine relatively easily by just tweaking planet formation parameters, but I wouldn't want to pester him with a spew of private messages.

SanoconDate: Friday, 15.08.2014, 08:28 | Message # 412
Space Tourist
United States
Love the lava so far, BTW this i a quick request to implement in 9.7.2 and also maybe in 9.7.1, you may need to double check/edit the encoding on all the files. 9.7.1 has been extremely buggy on my pc and i know why. When Windows 8.1 was released it lacked Linux encoding translation, it still does. In fact its a pain in the tail to import my obj files due to this. (Blender exports in Linux encoding even on Windows) Notepad++ can fix this however. So if you can, change all of the files to DOS encoding.

Edited by Sanocon - Friday, 15.08.2014, 08:29

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 15.08.2014, 20:22 | Message # 413
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote FastFourierTransform ()
by the way, could you make some "before and after" screenshots for the albedo thing. I see something great here but maybe with the comparison it's more exciting.

Before:

After:

(Almost) frozen terra:

Frozen terras need more work, in the engine it must be completely new class of planets with its own material layout: rocks and volcanoes rise up though the glaciers, frozen seas with cracks, more craters. This is if a planet have enough water. If a planet have little amount of water, like Mars, the dust would dominate over snow, and planet would be completely covered by dust, becoming a desert by SE classification. There also might be intermediate cases.

I also fixed that issue with "third star" at barycentre of a wide binary system. I fix it with hack: moving near clip distance for all star sprites based on distance and size of the nearest planetary system in the render list. So if the system is wide enough (hundreds of AU) and there is another star very close to it (0.05 pc or so, like Proxima and Alpha Centauri), this star gets clipped as well. But this is relatively rare issue, and it is better than having extra "star" in the barycenter.

Attachments: 8402877.jpg(151Kb) · 5051218.jpg(157Kb) · 2662048.jpg(196Kb) · 4605888.jpg(194Kb)

JonasTheRomanDate: Friday, 15.08.2014, 21:00 | Message # 414
Observer
Germany
That's funny. Just as I've discovered this "third-star"-bug and wondered what it is all about, you've already fixed it. Good job!
And those new uniformly colored planets look way better than the old ones. smile

FastFourierTransformDate: Friday, 15.08.2014, 21:03 | Message # 415
Pioneer
Spain
Beautifull, thank you so much.

This albedo issue is going to make SE's universe more complex and with more variety. I think is a good line of work to continue.

I like how, with a subtle change, you pass from a simple desert to a one that has some history. Dust makes dirtier ice caps, and the sediments of a recent sand storm can be spotted all over the planet.

This has to be more developed, and with the planet palettes that this community has done, SE 0.9.7.2 is going to be quite cinematic!

SpaceEngineerDate: Friday, 15.08.2014, 22:43 | Message # 416
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Very hot gas giant (1600°C) and and melted debris of its moons:

Attachments: 4423823.jpg(424Kb)

InariusDate: Friday, 15.08.2014, 23:08 | Message # 417
Explorer
France
This hot Jupiter is very well done. You can be proud !

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Friday, 15.08.2014, 23:18 | Message # 418
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
All this new variety for planets is great.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

FastFourierTransformDate: Saturday, 16.08.2014, 00:51 | Message # 419
Pioneer
Spain
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Very hot gas giant (1600°C) and and melted debris of its moons:

I like how you are making my night dreams more vivid by adding pics almost every day.
This work is great. I will tell everybody I know to collect money for this to continue improving.

I immagine that the night side is extremly well illumnited on that planet smile

Thanks for this glimpses

Tac1017Date: Saturday, 16.08.2014, 02:47 | Message # 420
Explorer
United States
Maybe you can add warm and temperate titans. Much warmer, but same composition!

I was also thinking of night side lights on planets with intelligent life!

The Terra Hunter of the Milky Way!

(By the way, I was born in 2001, NOT 1972 XD)

Edited by Tac1017 - Saturday, 16.08.2014, 02:48

Forum » SpaceEngine » Archive » Work progress - 0.9.7.2
Page 28 of 70«1226272829306970»
Search: