RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 20 of 58«1218192021225758»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Video game thread (Do you guys play any?)
Video game thread
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 23.12.2012, 20:06 | Message # 286
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
(Antza2)
Well they can't really release another remake of OoT so soon.

They can do whatever they want.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Jeroll3dDate: Tuesday, 25.12.2012, 17:28 | Message # 287
Astronaut
Group: Users
Brazil
Limit Theory to 2014(?!?!)

Best game: SE.

But, put better controll to ships, effect like lights strobe and exaust and more cameras...just it! smile

IS PERFECT!!!

Edited by Jeroll3d - Tuesday, 25.12.2012, 17:29

ControlDate: Tuesday, 25.12.2012, 17:59 | Message # 288
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
I am anticipating the release of The Stanley Parable HD Remix.
How does one improve upon perfection? Remake it.

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 09.01.2013, 12:52 | Message # 289
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Out of curiosity, are there any Homeworld fans on the forum?

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

MrZombieBiscuitDate: Wednesday, 09.01.2013, 15:12 | Message # 290
Space Tourist
Brazil
Imagine a game where you can do just about everything.

A game in which the possibilities and styles of play are as unlimited as your own life's possibilities. You can create your own survival skill, strategy and fighting styles, houses and cities, anything you imagine. Now imagine all of this on a procedurally generated map the size of Earth!

Well, that may be about to come true because it is what The Universe Project aims to be.

"We're creating a virtual parallel universe, a universe simulation that is played like a game. Play it anywhere on your phone, on your computer, tablets. Invent new tools, structures and even skills to use in their survival against the elements and against other players. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dREeDjQ0jIg

So, what did you think of the idea?
Is it possible that one day a game has so many possibilities as life itself?
I do not know about you, but I find it most interesting.

http://universeprojects.blogspot.ca/
https://www.facebook.com/UniverseProjects
http://twitter.com/UnivrseProjects
http://universeprojects.com

You can get in through their website or my referral link, which can get me access to the pre-alpha if I get 6 referrals. But I have no idea if I can put referral links here :/

TimDate: Wednesday, 09.01.2013, 15:29 | Message # 291
Explorer
Belgium
Since all the options are options in life itself, no.

HarbingerDawnDate: Wednesday, 09.01.2013, 15:50 | Message # 292
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
MrZombieBiscuit, there is already a game thread here. There is no reason to create a new thread for every new game project that is announced.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

werdnaforeverDate: Wednesday, 09.01.2013, 19:12 | Message # 293
World Builder
Pirate
(MrZombieBiscuit)
So, what did you think of the idea?
Is it possible that one day a game has so many possibilities as life itself?
I do not know about you, but I find it most interesting.

It certainly is ambitious. I'll wait until I see more before I take it seriously.

Also, glaDOS has a starring role in this new summer blockbuster:

EDIT:

(Sorry Kyle) I'm creating a new Planetside 2 outfit on Jaeger server- PM me and I'll log in to add you. I'm logged in as of this edit, but will be getting off soon.

Edited by werdnaforever - Wednesday, 09.01.2013, 19:41

TimDate: Wednesday, 09.01.2013, 19:49 | Message # 294
Explorer
Belgium
Those creatures wouldn't possibly be able to walk normally on our planet right?
They must've evolved on a planet with huge gravity.
+ Such a portal would be awesome :P

werdnaforeverDate: Wednesday, 09.01.2013, 20:07 | Message # 295
World Builder
Pirate
(Tim)
huge gravity

Low gravity!

Our high gravity should make it unbearable.

TimDate: Wednesday, 09.01.2013, 22:58 | Message # 296
Explorer
Belgium
I initially thought so, but scientists predict that life, living on a higher mass body tends to evolve large and thick, because they need a lot of strength to push up against the surface. While low gravity would cause life to evolve small and thin, to smoothly move over the surface.

werdnaforeverDate: Tuesday, 22.01.2013, 22:09 | Message # 297
World Builder
Pirate
Quote (Tim)
I initially thought so, but scientists predict that life, living on a higher mass body tends to evolve large and thick, because they need a lot of strength to push up against the surface. While low gravity would cause life to evolve small and thin, to smoothly move over the surface.

Since it's harder for life to push up against the surface, it's harder for them to grow larger since it would take much more energy to move around against the high gravity.

If humans evolved on a planet with high gravity, we would be shorter. Low gravity would be much less restrictive, and humans could grow taller.

In the movie, the creatures are GIGANTIC! It would take gargantuan amounts of energy just to move around slowly. On a home planet with low gravity, they'd be doing just fine, and would be collapsing under their own weight as they arrived. We'd have no problem blowing them to bits.

If their home planet had very high gravity, it's unlikely they would have evolved to grow so big- they would require too much food. Arriving here, they might have trouble adjusting to the lower gravity because they would have to get used to using much less strength for jumping and standing. They would have a hard time finding enough food to survive unless they started eating each other. Let's not forget about the negative effects the lower gravity might have on their health. Because they are using their muscles less, they will get weaker. Combined with a lack of suitable biomass for food (aside from the cannibalism they would have to graze forests, like a cow eating grass, I doubt that would be good enough) they're likely to get some kind of disorder. We'd probably end up building underground shelters and waiting it out while they kill each other in anarchic fashion. If we have the technology to build the giant robots, than surely we can build some colossal underground shelters in some remote place and get as many people there as possible.

This is just a summer blockbuster; I doubt they considered all this in the first place.

At least GlaDOS is helping us out here. I sure hope they asked VALVe for permission. I predict a lawsuit! (Not really)

E D I T :

Okay. TRON legacy was awesome... I really want a decent light cycle game, with good graphics, and the official games aren't really that great- they don't offer a good old fashioned light cycle grid.

What I really want is a lightcycle game that works similar to the film, where lightcycle movements are more fluid. I suppose I'll never get that... so what's the BEST Tron lightcycle game (with good graphics- it's 2013, people)?

Added (23.01.2013, 01:09)
---------------------------------------------
Okay. I posted this before on the black mesa forums, but I'm gonna post it here cause I want to hear what you guys think of my HL3/EP3 theory... And maybe it's slightly different now, but in general it's what I think:

Edited by werdnaforever - Tuesday, 15.01.2013, 04:55

SpyroDate: Wednesday, 23.01.2013, 03:03 | Message # 298
Explorer
United States
I play way too much Astronomy and Science games. Examples:
Portal 2
Kerbal Space Program (SOOOO MUCH FAILIURE)
Space Engine
Teleglitch

Non-Science games:
Minecraft
DiRT

So, yeah. I really need to be sleeping right now. Blame above video games, I think I'm falling asleep...

I'm back, but am I here to stay? Hopefully!

anonymousgamerDate: Wednesday, 23.01.2013, 04:20 | Message # 299
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Quote (werdnaforever)
Where's SE.97? I'm declaring both of these things vaporware, even though it would be unfair to say this about .97, even though fans of the program have literally waited months for it's release- yes, months!!!!

I'm quite sure 0.97 is muuuuch closer to release than HL3.

I mean, no news has been released about HL3... at least say something, Gabe, before I throw out another fat joke

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

werdnaforeverDate: Wednesday, 23.01.2013, 04:38 | Message # 300
World Builder
Pirate
Quote (anonymousgamer)
I mean, no news has been released about HL3...

Gabe said ricochet 2 is in development

He said that valve is working on a new game engine that's not just another source upgrade

Thus, HL3 is in development on source 2

There you have it.

PS, pm me if you want to be on the ps outfit

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Video game thread (Do you guys play any?)
Page 20 of 58«1218192021225758»
Search: