Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 16 of 58«1214151617185758»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Video game thread (Do you guys play any?)
Video game thread
HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 23.11.2012, 15:03 | Message # 226
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
I found Vladimir Putin in Mass Effect cool

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Friday, 23.11.2012, 15:07

matty406Date: Friday, 23.11.2012, 21:09 | Message # 227
Astronaut
Group: Users
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if anyone here's into the fantasy RPG stuff but even if you're not, you should check out this thing for the tech it uses; procedural generated textures, details and character animation, and stuff like that.

Currently it's only in the kickstarter phase, here.

Edited by matty406 - Friday, 23.11.2012, 21:11

SalvoDate: Friday, 23.11.2012, 22:41 | Message # 228
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote (Kviki)
Planetside 2

I tryed to look for this game, is nice, I like FPS but is a Free to play, so a pay-to-win sad (I don't like Shop in games)

Quote (HarbingerDawn)
Vladimir Putin

What Mass Effect it is? smile

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 23.11.2012, 22:47 | Message # 229
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (Salvo)
What Mass Effect it is?

The first one

My SE mods and addons

CyberItalianDate: Saturday, 24.11.2012, 09:27 | Message # 230
Astronaut
Italy
*drum roll*
And there we go with a little interesting sweet from the open-source communities >.>

http://springrts.com/

"Spring is a versatile 3D RTS game engine. Using extensively Lua for scripting game-specific code to make nearly every aspect of the engine customizable, from GUI, to unit AI, to pathfinding."

I've played it for some years, and always liked it's "unpredictable" AIs and interesting map/game designs.

Interesting thing is, that no big video card requirments make it playble even on the oldest configurations (i used to play it even on a 2004's R52 IBM ThinkPad with only the integrated video card and 512MB of ram >.>).

Edited by CyberItalian - Saturday, 24.11.2012, 09:29

ogggrezDate: Saturday, 24.11.2012, 12:59 | Message # 231
Astronaut
Sweden
Quote (Salvo)
Planetside 2

I tryed to look for this game, is nice, I like FPS but is a Free to play, so a pay-to-win (I don't like Shop in games)

Planetside 2 really isn't pay 2 win. You can unlock everything by playing the game, if you pay real money, you'll only get the stuff faster. If you are good at the game, and don't buy stuff. You'll most likely still kick eveybodys A*ses.

"You can't take the skies from me"

ogggrezDate: Saturday, 24.11.2012, 13:04 | Message # 232
Astronaut
Sweden
I think it would be fun for the people playing planetside 2 on the forums, to start an outfit(clan) in Planetside 2. I haven't thought of any names yet, but if anyone would be interested, I could create one. Names could be discussed below. smile

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 24.11.2012, 13:39 | Message # 233
Cosmic Curator
United States
ogggrez, you should have discussed this topic in the video game thread. All gaming related discussions should happen here. If you want to make a dedicated thread for putting together a clan/outfit, then go make a thread on that game's forum. But you should not make such a thread on the SE forums. If this becomes a big topic, then maybe it can have its own thread. For now, discuss it here.

My SE mods and addons

ogggrezDate: Saturday, 24.11.2012, 13:46 | Message # 234
Astronaut
Sweden
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
ogggrez, you should have discussed this topic in the video game thread. All gaming related discussions should happen here. If you want to make a dedicated thread for putting together a clan/outfit, then go make a thread on that game's forum. But you should not make such a thread on the SE forums. If this becomes a big topic, then maybe it can have its own thread. For now, discuss it here.

Sorry I was just thinking that if it had it's own thread, people would see it. I know it's a gaming post, but I figured since it was in the off-topic section, it would work to set up a clan here rather than on the Planetside 2 forums, where most people don't even play spaceengine. I would like to start the clan on this website, after that we could post it on the Planetside 2 forums. smile

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 24.11.2012, 14:42 | Message # 235
Cosmic Curator
United States
If you want to make sure people see your post, try adding a link to it in your signature; the post URL is: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/23-995-15474-16-1353758680

And add a message saying something like "Respond to my post if you want to make a Planetside 2 clan" or whatever you think is best. Just an idea.

My SE mods and addons

ogggrezDate: Saturday, 24.11.2012, 15:27 | Message # 236
Astronaut
Sweden
Huh, That's actually a good idea! Thanks smile

werdnaforeverDate: Sunday, 25.11.2012, 05:25 | Message # 237
World Builder
Pirate
Quote (ogggrez)
Planetside 2 really isn't pay 2 win. You can unlock everything by playing the game, if you pay real money, you'll only get the stuff faster. If you are good at the game, and don't buy stuff. You'll most likely still kick eveybodys A*ses.

Exactly.
Quote (ogggrez)
I think it would be fun for the people playing planetside 2 on the forums, to start an outfit(clan) in Planetside 2. I haven't thought of any names yet, but if anyone would be interested, I could create one. Names could be discussed below. smile

Yes, we should do this.

How about SpaceEngine? Or SEoutfit? Or SpaceEngine3DSpaceSimulatorForumVideoGamethreadOutfit? How about not that last one, since it was an awful idea for a name? What about SEforum? Let's get this started, people!

Oh, by the way, you'd all better join the Vanu Sovereignty. Really, I'd hate to see you do otherwise.

Some catchphrases and words of wisdom from the VS:

-TR, NC, get your own facility!

-Red + blue = purple. Thus, purple > red + blue. And finally: VS > TR + NC. Simple math, people.

-Purple is the color of royalty.

So, now that you're convinced to be part of the VS, make sure you become part of the VS. Not the stupid, auful TR or NC. Just thinking about them gives me a funny taste in my mouth. It's just... horrible, how any living soul could possibly want to be a part of those terrible groups. It's obvious that in a game with a fight between three equally equipped sides that's supposed to continue indefinitely that the Vanu Sovereignty is no doubt the best team to join.

I hope I've made my point by now. Pop quiz:

Which team should you join in Planetside 2?

A: The Vanu Sovereignty

B: The Vanu Sovereignty

C: The Vanu Sovereignty

D: The Vanu Sovereignty

E: The Vanu Sovereignty

The answer is any of them, since all of them are right.

So, by now, after all the cryptic things I've said, I wonder if you can guess which team I'm on? Hint, it might be one who's initials are V and S. Can you guess? If you can guess, please reply to this message.

EDIT:::::::::::::::::::::::::
There are like a million different servers, and each server has three teams. Maybe an outfit won't work so well...

Edited by werdnaforever - Sunday, 25.11.2012, 13:01

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 25.11.2012, 11:02 | Message # 238
Cosmic Curator
United States
werdnaforever, your enthusiasm is great, but please edit your post a bit so that it does not disturb the forum layout. Thanks!

My SE mods and addons

werdnaforeverDate: Sunday, 25.11.2012, 13:02 | Message # 239
World Builder
Pirate
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
please edit your post a bit

Done.

SalvoDate: Sunday, 25.11.2012, 16:03 | Message # 240
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote (ogggrez)
start an outfit(clan) in Planetside 2.

Maybe I'm gonna play this game smile
Anyway I'm still a noob in this game biggrin

I founded a curious blog who is talking about a game called Procedural World (http://procworld.blogspot.it/), I was amazed when I've seen all those wonderful images blink
I can't find any download link, maybe it's still in developing, but what I see is the pure awesomeness smile

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Video game thread (Do you guys play any?)
Page 16 of 58«1214151617185758»
Search: