Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 11 of 58«129101112135758»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Video game thread (Do you guys play any?)
Video game thread
HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 23:57 | Message # 151
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (Antza2)
I'd have gladly downloaded a 1GB patch. I think it was just laziness on Biowares part.

All these problems with BioWare didn't arise until AFTER they were acquired by EA sad
I despise what the gaming industry has become - a bunch of developers slaved to two or three huge publishing companies that just crank out mediocre console games - and I am hopeful for what it is becoming - an industry increasingly populated by independent software developers who do not adhere to the wishes of the publishing companies. These independent software developers, like Vladimir Romanyuk for example wink , are the one thing that gives me hope for the future of gaming, specifically PC gaming.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Antza2Date: Saturday, 13.10.2012, 16:03 | Message # 152
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
I'm looking forward to this.
http://0x10c.com/story/

Hopefully Notch doesn't screw it up smile

Edit: There seems to be a sudden surge of Space Sims on Kickstarter. I'm quite pleased by this.
Exmple: http://www.kickstarter.com/project....ategory

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

Edited by Antza2 - Saturday, 13.10.2012, 16:58

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Saturday, 13.10.2012, 21:39 | Message # 153
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote (Antza2)
Edit: There seems to be a sudden surge of Space Sims on Kickstarter. I'm quite pleased by this.

Seems we went from Sci Fi shooters in the 90s, to World War 2 shooters, then back to better 3D Sci Fi shooters, then Modern Warfare, Zombies, and now games are moving towards space.

I can't wait till the Space genre is over done.... cry Then again you can never have too many space games and hardware is getting good enough to simulated entire galaxies, stars, planets, weather, and physics so I am excited.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Antza2Date: Sunday, 14.10.2012, 17:39 | Message # 154
World Builder
Finland
I had this great idea of a ultra-realistic flight simulator. It would require Oculus Rift, a replica of a planes cockpit, and a kinect.

You'd sit inside the cockpit and put the Rift on, when you'd see the exact digital replica of the cockpit you're sitting on. Then Kinect would track the motion of your hands and fingers, so you'd see your own hands inside the simulation. The actual controls would be in the physical cockpit, but you'd see your hands moving on the same control surfaces in-game. The immersion would be incredible, since you'd actually feel everything you touch.

Someone needs to make this. smile

Edited by Antza2 - Sunday, 14.10.2012, 18:48

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 14.10.2012, 17:46 | Message # 155
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (Antza2)
I had this great idea of a ultra-realistic flight simulator.

YES!!!

My SE mods and addons

architeuthisDate: Monday, 15.10.2012, 09:39 | Message # 156
Space Tourist
Group: Users
United States
My all-time favorites are:

Mario Kart 64
Star Wars: Tie Fighter
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Homeworld

GlorymajorDate: Monday, 15.10.2012, 12:19 | Message # 157
Space Tourist
Brazil
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
Real Physics, but fun to fly!

Full rigid body simulation of all spaceships
You wanted proper Newtonian mechanics. You got it! Spaceships adjust their trajectory and orientation just like the real thing.

Intelligent Flight Control System (IFCS)
Like a modern day F-35, the ships have fly by wire systems which take the player's inputs and then translate them into the commands for the ship's engine and thrusters to articulate and deliver the required thrust to achieve the pilot's request.

Dynamic Ship Maneuverability
Ship's performance is calculated dynamically based on various physical variables and the ability of your jet maneuvering to deliver thrust towards a requested vector. What does this mean? Infinite customization with component damage, mass or energy changes
affecting maneuverability on the fly - allowing for endless combat strategies and results.

Ship Components matter!
Because we are fully simulating the physics and flight dynamics, the actual components matter. If a port thruster is damaged, it will affect your maneuverability organically. If you upgrade your thruster package with enhanced thrusters that gimbal faster and deliver more thrust it will affect your performance. Dump cargo, you may be able to get the edge in turning in a dogfight.

I saw the developer saying about the game. It is amazing! I pledged on the 1st day, and already reserved a copy. I am following the developer diaries on this one too. biggrin

Quote (HarbingerDawn)
On the subject of space combat sims: if any of you are Freespace players (or even if you're not), you should check out the Diaspora: Shattered Armistice BSG mod that was finally released a month ago after four years of development. It's amazing, it completely overhauls the FS2 experience, the assets look spectacular, and it actually has real physics (or very nearly) which Freespace of course did not have.

I don't think you actually need to have Freespace 2 in order to play it, so everyone go download it and have fun!

Downloading!!! Ty!

Quote (DoctorOfSpace)
Quote (Antza2)

Seems we went from Sci Fi shooters in the 90s, to World War 2 shooters, then back to better 3D Sci Fi shooters, then Modern Warfare, Zombies, and now games are moving towards space.

I can't wait till the Space genre is over done.... cry Then again you can never have too many space games and hardware is getting good enough to simulated entire galaxies, stars, planets, weather, and physics so I am excited.

Got a sugestion to keep an eye: Stardrive (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWV6Ky1xNog&feature=g-user-lik)

PC: Intel i7 3.2 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 680 with 2048 Mb VRAM
Laptop: Intel i7 2.3 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 675M with 2048 Mb VRAM

Edited by Glorymajor - Monday, 15.10.2012, 12:24

MarcusDate: Friday, 19.10.2012, 17:50 | Message # 158
Astronaut
United Kingdom
I only just discovered today that there is an RTS game coming out called Planetary Annihilation. It's not realistic in any sense, but does it look awesome:

http://youtu.be/FhEYvOYceNs

They have the link to their Kickstarter in the YouTube description

AMD Phenom II x4 960T @3.6GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Kingston Hyper X Blu
MSi R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 950MHz Core 1150MHz Mem
Gigabyte GA-880GM USB 3 motherboard AM3+

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Friday, 19.10.2012, 18:15 | Message # 159
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
I saw this before as well. It looks like it might be really fun and a great way to waste a few hours.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Antza2Date: Friday, 19.10.2012, 19:17 | Message # 160
World Builder
Finland
There is a video game thread. Please use it. This has been discussed there.

smjjamesDate: Friday, 19.10.2012, 20:31 | Message # 161
World Builder
United States
I'm not interested in that game, but the art style looks like it may have been inspired by LEGOS, and it is pretty good graphics.

HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 19.10.2012, 21:14 | Message # 162
Cosmic Curator
United States
Marcus, as Antza2 said, this should have been posted in this thread.

Quote (smjjames)
the art style looks like it may have been inspired by LEGOS

It looks more inspired by other RTS games that those same devs made in the past.

My SE mods and addons

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Friday, 19.10.2012, 21:14

werdnaforeverDate: Saturday, 20.10.2012, 18:24 | Message # 163
World Builder
United States
So, I've pre-ordered Need For Speed: Most Wanted... for the PS Vita. It's practically the exact same game as the console version (there are some minor reductions in detail/traffic, and a 4 player multiplayer limit). I'm just happy that the Vita is seeing some more good games now.

Maybe, if I live long enough, I'll get to try out Gran Turismo for the Vita. I may need some assistance; I'll probably be hooked up to some kind of futuristic life-support machine. ...Okay, I'm exaggerating. Replace G.T. with HL3, and it will make more sense.

As for kickstarter, I think this says it best:

matty406Date: Monday, 29.10.2012, 16:11 | Message # 164
Astronaut
United Kingdom
Battlezone, not the absolute first by Atari, but the franchise sequel by Activision. It was a unique and brilliant sci fi FPS/RTS hybrid where your personal death on the battlefield would be the end of the mission.
It took place across the solar system, between the US and the Soviets (and an add-on pack introduced China) around the 60s I think, while the space race was a cover story.

I think it still has a pretty healthy fanbase, with one of the old developers helping to patch it for better compatibility on newer computers.
There was a sequel in turn, but I personally think they took the sci fi look too far:

I preferred the old angular look.

anonymousgamerDate: Monday, 29.10.2012, 21:45 | Message # 165
World Builder
United States
Quote (werdnaforever)
So, I've pre-ordered Need For Speed: Most Wanted... for the PS Vita

Quote (werdnaforever)
Maybe, if I live long enough, I'll get to try out Gran Turismo for the Vita.

Lucky *commence jealousy*

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Video game thread (Do you guys play any?)
Page 11 of 58«129101112135758»
Search: