Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 10 of 58«12891011125758»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Video game thread (Do you guys play any?)
Video game thread
Antza2Date: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 08:32 | Message # 136
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
CryEngine is awesome. Can't wait for Crysis 3.

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 08:39 | Message # 137
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote (Antza2)
Can't wait for Crysis 3.

I am not sure about it. At times it looks like it might be good and at others it might be bad. Just seems the entire experience of what Crysis 2 could've been was limited due to the consoles.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Antza2Date: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 10:34 | Message # 138
World Builder
Finland
http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2012....citizen

AerospacefagDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 16:16 | Message # 139
Pioneer
Group: Users
Russian Federation
Antza2, actually looks like like one of those commercial products without any original idea, that can be assembled in several month of ruthless programming and making of content. You'd better not to expect anything more than what was announced in the trailer.
World of Warcraft game in space

D-oh. huh

Antza2Date: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 16:18 | Message # 140
World Builder
Finland
Quote (Aerospacefag)
Antza2, actually looks like like one of those commercial products without any original idea, that can be assembled in several month of ruthless programming and making of content. You'd better not to expect anything more than what was announced in the trailer.

I'm fairly positive about it.
I'm not expecting miracles, but you can do pretty amazing things with CryEngine 3. smile

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 17:11 | Message # 141
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (Aerospacefag)
Antza2, actually looks like like one of those commercial products without any original idea, that can be assembled in several month of ruthless programming and making of content.

After reading in detail about it at the website I'm fairly positive too, I think that they have some great ideas for this that will really set it apart from other games. Maybe they will screw it up, but it's better than having nothing.

And about the "several months" thing? They don't plan for this game to be available until at least 2 years from now. It's not like they're just going to throw it together haphazardly. And the people that are working on it already have a lot of experience in making good games. It's not a bunch of amateurs or second-rate professionals.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

AerospacefagDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 17:36 | Message # 142
Pioneer
Group: Users
Russian Federation
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
They don't plan for this game to be available until at least 2 years from now.

Oh, it seems I missed this part of announcement. Okay, we'll see it all in time.

Edited by Aerospacefag - Thursday, 11.10.2012, 17:38

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 18:31 | Message # 143
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Consoles are evil! Mass Effect is a great game, but why should we play it on PC with ugly console-oriented controls and blurry textures? Remember how blurry Garrus' face looked, and those ugly pixels on the characters uniforms? This is because of limited VRAM size on consoles. They definitely had to make a PC version with HD textures and AA. And all console-oriented games have the same fate.

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 18:45 | Message # 144
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
Remember how blurry Garrus' face looked

In ME1 that was because of a bug where 32 px texture was selected by the engine instead of 512 px texture. But yes, the textures were very low res. Good thing there are modding communities out there that have made very nice high res textures for us to use smile And AA works fine in Mass Effect if forced by drivers.

But your point still stands, developers should be making great games for PC themselves, and not sacrificing visual quality just for consoles.

My SE mods and addons

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 20:08 | Message # 145
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Seems like it would be much easier to scale something down than to scale it up. I just don't understand how you can make a game, show a rendered CGI trailer using the best assets, then releasing a modified version that looks terrible.

I think Bioware said to fix Garrus' face would take something like a 1GB patch so they never did it. dry

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 20:33 | Message # 146
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (DoctorOfSpace)
I think Bioware said to fix Garrus' face would take something like a 1GB patch so they never did it.

Yeah, that's what they said. Texmods can fix it, but using Texmod can itself cause glitches. But without it, the game just isn't quite as amazing (I could never play vanilla ME3, the textures are too low res for me).

My SE mods and addons

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 20:59 | Message # 147
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
(I could never play vanilla ME3, the textures are too low res for me).

Something in games that bothers me quite a bit is this background shader that gives almost a yellow green hue.

I use a FXAA plugin in Skyrim to change colors and all that stuff just like I did for Crysis 2, but it makes that yellowish color more apparent in the screens without it.

Ever since I used the plugin I started noticing that ugly foggy yellow in every game and so I started tweaking the Skyrim FXAA profile to work with other games.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 21:15 | Message # 148
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote (DoctorOfSpace)
Ever since I used the plugin I started noticing that ugly foggy yellow in every game

For me, first screenshot looks good, while second too bluish. Maybe the problem is in your display or videocard color/temperature settings?

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 21:23 | Message # 149
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
while second too bluish

Thats odd it should in fact be slightly more red. I think in the profile I am using the blue is increased very little in comparison to red and green. But thats the good thing about the FXAA plugin, you can tweak to how you like it and I think I have found the settings I tend to enjoy most in games.

Edit:

Actually its mostly white with zero increase on blue.

Quote (SpaceEngineer)
Maybe the problem is in your display or videocard color/temperature settings?

My ATI color settings are set properly in CCC and ATI Tray Tools. My temperatures are controlled through 3rd party drivers and applications because ATI has terrible drivers and fan control.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Edited by DoctorOfSpace - Thursday, 11.10.2012, 21:24

Antza2Date: Thursday, 11.10.2012, 23:03 | Message # 150
World Builder
Finland
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
Yeah, that's what they said. Texmods can fix it, but using Texmod can itself cause glitches.

I once had every monitor in the game turn into Garrus' face. It was hilarious.

Quote (DoctorOfSpace)
I think Bioware said to fix Garrus' face would take something like a 1GB patch so they never did it.

I'd have gladly downloaded a 1GB patch. I think it was just laziness on Biowares part.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Video game thread (Do you guys play any?)
Page 10 of 58«12891011125758»
Search: