Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 43 of 46«12414243444546»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Conspiracy Theories
steeljaw354Date: Friday, 02.09.2016, 01:16 | Message # 631
World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
Creation theories are the point but theres no way to know until after death, since nobody has actually said what is after dead and those who are ridiculed since they believe in a certain god or whatever. A large amount of conspiracy theories means that some are correct. Religion is stuff after death and creation, which we can't check to be certain, since you would have to die to be certain and you would never tell your findings to others that are alive. The creation part is an interesting one since we can't be certain if we are created by a god (or gods) since there is no proof.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ZzokgIcgQ

We can't actually observe evolution, and it takes to long for us to observe, well theres fossils... This doesn't mean I believe in a certain religion either. I believe in Solipsism (Which isn't a religion talking about stuff after death and creation. It's basically neither thing and believing in only the self)

Edited by steeljaw354 - Friday, 02.09.2016, 01:29

WatsisnameDate: Friday, 02.09.2016, 03:04 | Message # 632
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Quote steeljaw354 ()
We can't actually observe evolution

Actually, we can directly observe all processes involved in evolution, including speciation. smile

The existence of fossils by themselves only reveals that there were living things that died. The combination of the fossil record with geology is what reveals that evolution has taken place over Earth history. And we can trace that evolution back with genetics as well.

I agree in believing the self exists, but why stop there? Sure, I can't prove anything exists outside my own mind, but such a world view is neither productive or interesting. It's philosophy, not science. It doesn't lend to teaching me new things about how the world works. Science is not about determining what is 'real', it's about studying how different things we observe interact or relate with one another, because then we can make predictions about it and see if those predictions work.

This is why creationism isn't useful. It doesn't predict anything we can test. By the same token, conspiracy theories must be testable to be of any use. Without testing them, you can't know if they are right or wrong. If they're not testable at all, then they're worse than wrong. Having a large number of them tells you nothing of their probability of being correct. They could each and all be wrong, how would you know otherwise without demonstrating that at least one is right?

If I were to ask you to calculate the number of conspiracy theories necessary to guarantee at least one of them is correct, how would you do it? Spoiler: you can't. Such a calculation would be meaningless, because the logic itself is wrong. There's no strength through numbers here. There is only strength through hypothesis testing. How do I know if any arrows hit the target if I don't check?

spacerDate: Friday, 02.09.2016, 03:38 | Message # 633
Star Engineer
Israel
Quote steeljaw354 ()
We can't actually observe evolution

cool story about that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth_evolution

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer

HornblowerDate: Friday, 02.09.2016, 03:42 | Message # 634
World Builder
United States
Honestly, I think the term "evolution" sounds too controversial. I prefer natural selection. I don't think there is any proof against natural selection

AlekDate: Friday, 02.09.2016, 03:56 | Message # 635
Pioneer
United States
Quote spacer ()
spacex rocket exploded today with israeli Satellite on it 2 days before launch.
spacex officials says the blast was cause by anomaly!

let the spoculation begins!! is that was intention to harm spacex? the satellite? inside job?
maybe the satellite was a trap?
(no hate to anyone)

It was obviously mishap with the Men in Black, I mean they did have a bit of an experience with an Apollo mission almost being stopped (think it was 11, in fact)...A failed mission maybe? biggrin

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

spacerDate: Friday, 02.09.2016, 03:59 | Message # 636
Star Engineer
Israel
there was also fast moving object second before the explosion!
bird cant fly that fast!
biggrin biggrin

-carl sagan

WatsisnameDate: Friday, 02.09.2016, 04:29 | Message # 637
Galaxy Architect
United States
Superman?

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Friday, 02.09.2016, 06:23 | Message # 638
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote Hornblower ()
I think the term "evolution" sounds too controversial

Why?

Quote Hornblower ()
I prefer natural selection

The terms are not interchangeable. Natural selection is a component of evolution, in the same way genetic drift or mutations are. None of them are a singular definition of what evolution is. Evolution is the cumulative effect of change over time and natural selection is a part of it.

Quote Hornblower ()
I don't think there is any proof against natural selection

And there is no proof against evolution either.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

SalvoDate: Friday, 02.09.2016, 06:32 | Message # 639
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Coming back to SpaceX explosion topic, I've seen a black dot passing from the right to the left part of the screen right when the launcher exploded. Coincidence?

That must have been a laser bird. cool

Attachments: 2600450.jpg(58Kb)

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

HornblowerDate: Friday, 02.09.2016, 10:47 | Message # 640
World Builder
United States
DoctorOfSpace, I mean in the subject of religion...

spacerDate: Friday, 02.09.2016, 11:11 | Message # 641
Star Engineer
Israel
Quote Salvo ()
Coincidence?

-carl sagan

steeljaw354Date: Friday, 02.09.2016, 13:18 | Message # 642
World Builder
Pirate
Did anyone actually watch the video where some conspiracy theories were actually true? No calculations are needed since it makes no sense to use calculations with conspiracy theories without looking at it from the opposing view's point of view and diving deeper into the reasoning of that theory, if there is no logic or sense at all then it's probably wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ZzokgIcgQ

Edited by steeljaw354 - Friday, 02.09.2016, 13:47

BananaDate: Monday, 05.09.2016, 18:31 | Message # 643
Astronaut
United States
Any conspiracy theory can be made true with the right language.

"Perhaps there is a possibility that aliens may have possibly aided in the construction of the pyramids in some way. Possibly"

Hello.

spacerDate: Wednesday, 21.09.2016, 18:51 | Message # 644
Star Engineer
Israel
phobos monolith

-carl sagan

Edited by spacer - Wednesday, 21.09.2016, 18:52

steeljaw354Date: Wednesday, 21.09.2016, 19:50 | Message # 645
World Builder
Pirate
That sure does look questionable, it needs to be investigated further.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Page 43 of 46«12414243444546»
Search: