Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 36 of 46«1234353637384546»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Conspiracy Theories
WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 00:05 | Message # 526
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Cool, thanks for finally acknowledging when a theory is bad when presented with overwhelming evidence against it. smile That's a step forward for you.

steeljaw354Date: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 00:09 | Message # 527
World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
Don't remind me of what happened, don't mention it anymore please. If at some point remove that utter embarrassment that EVERYONE can see (reproofs) Maybe an appeal thing should be added, but thats off topic.

Every theory has started with a man with a vision and people were even prosecuted and savagely killed when presenting ideas like earth orbits the sun, round earth, we aren't the center of the universe, and maybe some substantial inner space somewhere in the earth.

Edited by steeljaw354 - Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 00:11

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 00:10 | Message # 528
Galaxy Architect
United States
Sure, I'll remove the last reproof.

MosfetDate: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 00:12 | Message # 529
World Builder
Italy
In https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TauTona_Mine which reached 2.4 miles rocks temperature is 60 Celsius or 140 Fahrenheit. What surprises do you expect under 20 miles, Someone having a Luau? biggrin

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

steeljaw354Date: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 00:16 | Message # 530
World Builder
Pirate
Well the other ones I would like to see removed and if allowed and accepted I will make an appeal here.

I'm sorry for what I did and what I did was pathetic and stupid of me, in December I justified that Pluto was a planet and I was blasted for saying it, I got angry and was overall stupid in that thread, the 2nd reproof was for another pathetic mistake that I made and I honestly don't know why I even made it, It was pathetic,wasteful,stupid and the scum of this forum. I deleted it. I'm sorry about what I have done here and I will try to refrain from doing more things against the rules, I don't know if this will be accepted or if it is in the right format or not, but I'm being sincere here.

Edited by steeljaw354 - Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 00:25

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 00:27 | Message # 531
Galaxy Architect
United States
You weren't blasted for posting your ideas, you were blasted mostly because you selectively ignored certain responses. Like I said earlier, it's okay for you to share your ideas. We enjoy discussing them with you. But it's very frustrating for us when you ask questions and then give no indication that you looked at or thought about the answers before changing over to new questions. So try not to do that and you'll be just fine. smile

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 00:34 | Message # 532
Galaxy Architect
United States
Quote steeljaw354 ()
An underworld in a sense could be a big huge cave miles wide that only certain people know how to find.

We know that there are big caves, but they can only be so big before pressure overwhelms the strength (or resistance to fluid deformation) of the rock. But that's a derivation for another day.

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 00:44 | Message # 533
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote steeljaw354 ()
every well known established and recognized religion has some base in fact

This is a bold claim that I've seen no evidence for. Please present some.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

OstariskDate: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 00:59 | Message # 534
Pioneer
Australia
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
This is a bold claim that I've seen no evidence for. Please present some.

I'm Christian (part), and yes, we have an "underworld" in our religion. however, our so called hell isn't necessarily inside the earth.

My mods

steeljaw354Date: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 01:33 | Message # 535
World Builder
Pirate
Well the proof is that Greek,Judaism,Christianity,Islam,Roman,and some native religions speak of an underworld and you wouldn't expect everything to just be made up wily nilly.

Say you are alive about 1000 BC and you see aliens, you probably wouldn't say alien you would say "God" "Monster" or "Creature" and that's what these religions are, they are about gods,monsters, and creatures of some sort, and you would expect a primitive civilization to establish a religion on "gods" which could be aliens.

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 01:51 | Message # 536
Galaxy Architect
United States
I don't think it's particularly surprising that caverns would play some role in multiple theologies. Imagine how early societies would view such places. Have you ever ventured into a dark cave with only your own light? I's an incredibly powerful and humbling experience. Of course people are bound to ascribe some spiritual significance to them, just as is often the case with mountains, rivers, islands, waterfalls, and the like.

What could be considered compelling evidence of an underworld? Um. I'm not sure, actually. I know of many different descriptions of "underworld", and I can't think of any observable that would unambiguously support the idea in general. I can be pretty sure that, if something like a theological underworld exists, then as Ostarisk said, it's probably not literally inside the Earth.

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 01:53 | Message # 537
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote steeljaw354 ()
Well the proof is that Greek,Judaism,Christianity,Islam,Roman,and some native religions speak of an underworld

That's not proof at all. Just because a majority of people believe something does not make it true. At one time, the majority of people believed that the Earth was flat. Did that make it true? Of course not. People often hold beliefs for which they have little or no evidence.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

steeljaw354Date: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 02:33 | Message # 538
World Builder
Pirate
Yeah but I'm not really sure today entrances to larger caves that open up really big that do not illuminate with a fire stick could have been open to visit back then where people would see them as underworlds (think big caves like miles below the earth but hundreds of meters high and around or perhaps miles if that is possible), but there could have been a rock slide in a cave blocking those off so today we can't get in them.

Edited by steeljaw354 - Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 02:35

midtskogenDate: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 04:05 | Message # 539
Star Engineer
Norway
There are hundreds of highly sensitive seismometers around the world, and there are earthquakes every day powerful enough for detection by all of these. If there were huge caves, they would have shown up in these records.

What seismology instead tells us, is that Earth's outer core is liquid. It's been known for more than a century.

NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

steeljaw354Date: Tuesday, 31.05.2016, 13:02 | Message # 540
World Builder
Pirate
Well there might somehow be air-pockets inside the magma. If you were to take a drill through the core, you might find air pockets inside of it.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Page 36 of 46«1234353637384546»
Search: