RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 34 of 46«1232333435364546»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Conspiracy Theories
OstariskDate: Monday, 30.05.2016, 03:21 | Message # 496
Pioneer
Group: Users
Australia
Quote Talisman ()
I forgot the website but there is a dedicated forum for people who seriously believe the Earth is flat

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

Also, they don't actually believe that the earth is flat:

Quote From Flat Earth Society's Forum Rules: (Coincidence? I think not!)
The opinions and beliefs expressed in any posts do not necessarily reflect the beliefs of The Flat Earth Society Forum.
The Flat Earth Society Forum's goal is to promote the free discussion of Flat Earth Theory as well as the free discussion of and debate of any topic of interest to our members that does not contradict Forum Rules.

My mods

Edited by Ostarisk - Monday, 30.05.2016, 03:26

WatsisnameDate: Monday, 30.05.2016, 06:21 | Message # 497
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Brian Koberlein's Chicken Universe Theory

I have a theory. Maybe the Sun isn’t powered by the fusion of hydrogen in its core, maybe it’s powered by chickens. Now, I don’t have a fancy Ph.D. in chickenology, but I’ve raised chickens. I know chicken behavior when I see it. It seems pretty obvious that the Sun is powered by chickens. Don’t believe me? Just watch this YouTube video that proves it.

Now those of you who continue to cling to the idea of core fusion might argue something about the Sun’s surface having a thermal spectrum, which is not chicken-like at all, but experiments in the lab have shown that chicken when heated does emit a thermal spectrum. Yes, core fusion could also explain the Sun’s spectrum, but until a Sun is created in the lab, we can’t be sure. However, if scientists would just put a roasted chicken near the Sun, they would confirm the chicken universe model.

Unfortunately, in order to keep their cushy academic jobs, scientists continue to hinder chicken research. Chicken physics papers submitted to their “peer reviewed” journals are rejected out of hand. Their adherence to the standard model is almost religiously dogmatic. They claim that chicken cosmology has long been disproved, but they only consider frictionless spherical chickens in a vacuum. As anyone who has raised chickens knows, real chickens have physical properties dogmatic astronomy can’t explain.

For example, when large numbers of chickens are packed into small chicken coops, the temperature of the coop greatly increases. So much heat is produced that often cooling systems must be used to remove excess heat. This supports the idea of hen fusion, where hens in large numbers can generate significant heat. In the chicken Sun model, the surface of the Sun is covered with chickens. The density of the chickens is so great that they emit the heat and light we see as sunshine.

If you watch chickens in a large coop, you’ll notice that often the chickens will cluster in such a way that gaps form, revealing the ground below. This could explain the presence of sunspots, where gaps in solar surface chickens reveal the cooler, darker layer below. The excrement of chickens also contains the building blocks for life, and has been demonstrated to encourage plant growth in the lab. Clearly there are aspects of the model that need to be further developed, but chicken physics makes more sense that inventing things like dark matter, dark energy and the big bang to explain the cosmos.

Chicken cosmology could not only answer some of the biggest mysteries of astrophysics, it could provide us with limited free energy. Chicken propulsion technology could give us access to the stars. But that will only happen when scientists stop acting like religious zealots and look at the evidence with an open mind.

Paper: Doug Zongker. Chicken Chicken Chicken: Chicken Chicken. Chicken, 10(3):307–314, 2000.

OstariskDate: Monday, 30.05.2016, 07:42 | Message # 498
Pioneer
Australia
That experiment video for proof though... lol

My mods

SalvoDate: Monday, 30.05.2016, 11:14 | Message # 499
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Watsisname, I thought I was the only one knowing the truth, but the voice of reverence has spoken.

This is the formula I've found, I hope I'll get the same recognition Albert Einstein had:

Actually the output Power of the sun depends on the number of chickens. But, as you can see, the relation it's not directly proportional. This explains why some stars have the same radius but a completely different output of energy, that's because the number of chickens changes.

Attachments: 2195402.gif(1Kb)

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Edited by Salvo - Monday, 30.05.2016, 11:16

JackDoleDate: Monday, 30.05.2016, 12:59 | Message # 500
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Perhaps 'SpaceEngine' should be renamed to 'ChickenEngine'.

And when will the chickens be integrated in 'ChickenEngine'? When you get very close to a sun, it should be possible to count the chickens.

Don't forget to look here.

steeljaw354Date: Monday, 30.05.2016, 13:08 | Message # 501
World Builder
Pirate
I deleted the other posts so we can now start out fresh.

First off what formed the Iapetus ridge then? What formed the Ceres "Pyramid" I suppose it is some natural explanation.

Why does the side that faces the Earth have the most lunar seas?

Edited by steeljaw354 - Monday, 30.05.2016, 13:14

apenpaapDate: Monday, 30.05.2016, 13:37 | Message # 502
World Builder
Antarctica
Quote steeljaw354 ()
First off what formed the Iapetus ridge then? What formed the Ceres "Pyramid" I suppose it is some natural explanation.

Hey, we're in agreement, I suppose so too!

Quote steeljaw354 ()

Due to a particular underground geological feature that kept the mantle in the northwestern part of the near side of the Moon liquid for longer than the rest through radioactive heat. Wikipedia has a helpful article for you about it.

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

steeljaw354Date: Monday, 30.05.2016, 15:44 | Message # 503
World Builder
Pirate
If you can't explain it with natural a process, it must be alien. Well have you heard they found "new" craters on the moon, and they say they already know the age of it? How?

What formed the ridge? What formed the "pyramid" on Ceres?

Edited by steeljaw354 - Monday, 30.05.2016, 15:47

apenpaapDate: Monday, 30.05.2016, 16:02 | Message # 504
World Builder
Antarctica
Quote steeljaw354 ()
If you can't explain it with natural a process, it must be alien.

Or God put it there. Or it's an Atlantean relic. Or Nazis from Hitler's hideout inside the hollow Earth have started to establish colonies on Ceres and Iapetus. Or it's a massive pile of spaceborne teapots that all crashlanded in the same place. Or maybe we've found the physical location of Heaven. Or they're glitches in the computer simulation we all inhabit. Or maybe, just maybe, we simply haven't figured out the exact natural process that caused the formation of these mountains yet, because science is an iterative process that takes time and work.

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

Edited by apenpaap - Monday, 30.05.2016, 16:04

steeljaw354Date: Monday, 30.05.2016, 16:08 | Message # 505
World Builder
Pirate
I can understand God or the Atlaneans. But the other stuff is just crazy. Well I guess we should send a probe to study Iapetus better and that's the only way to find out. Or if there is enough fuel left in cassini, they should set it into orbit around it. I would like to also see Uranus,Neptune,Pluto, and a mission to other kuiper belt objects.

spacerDate: Monday, 30.05.2016, 16:16 | Message # 506
Star Engineer
Israel
Quote steeljaw354 ()
I can understand God or the Atlaneans. But the other stuff is just crazy.

well crazy as it sound...the aliens sound crazy too.
i am not saying its not aliens. but if you cant prove it, it can be anything...
there is low chance that everything apenpaap, wrote is true.
you cant prove it wrong.

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer

MosfetDate: Monday, 30.05.2016, 16:33 | Message # 507
World Builder
Italy
Is Ceres pyramid a pyramid at all?

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

spacerDate: Monday, 30.05.2016, 16:49 | Message # 508
Star Engineer
Israel
there is lot of natural rocks that can look like pyramids.
not every pyramid you see its must be aliens.

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer

WatsisnameDate: Monday, 30.05.2016, 17:21 | Message # 509
Galaxy Architect
United States
Steeljaw, welcome back.

Quote steeljaw354 ()
First off what formed the Iapetus ridge then?

I linked you to an abstract that described how we figure out the answer to that question in the context of planetary science. Why don't you give us some indication that you at least looked at it? I understand it's a bit technical, but I don't think it's terribly hard to figure out the implications. If you have questions about it, feel free to ask.

I suppose it is some natural explanation.

Of course it is. You need to learn that "it must be aliens" is not a satisfactory answer to questions in observational astronomy before you've done the hard work of going through the physics and modeling.

There have always been puzzling observations. The solutions have always wound up being something astrophysical. The answer has never been aliens. I am very confident that aliens are out there in some form, but that doesn't mean every weird thing we see must be aliens. It's the least successful hypothesis in all of astronomy.

Consider the first observation of pulsars. The discovery was actually labelled as "LGM". As in "Little Green Men". It was tongue-in-cheek, but appropriately so. Because, "why not aliens?" It was easy enough to believe that these astonishingly regular signals should be artificial in origin. What else could they possibly be? Oh, wait, they're spinning neutron stars. Neat. We learn something new about exotic condensed matter physics and the remnants of massive stars. Something we'd never figure out if everyone had your mentality of supposing every strange observation must be aliens, and not trying to do the hard work.

Because there is a strong asymmetry in the crustal thickness between the near and far side, so it is easier for impact basins on one side to become flooded with basalt. A consequence of this asymmetry is that it slightly displaces the Moon's center of mass. I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to show that this will have an effect on how the Moon reaches tidal locking, with the CoM roughly connecting the centers of the Earth and Moon. Thus why the different-looking sides of the Moon happen to be aligned with Earth. It's not aliens. It's physics.

Notice this answers your question and brings up a new one, or more if you don't know the physics of tidal evolution. "Why should there be an asymmetry in the crustal thickness?" Again, you would be better to expect the answer to involve natural processes and physics, and probably not aliens. How about if you make an attempt at formulating a potential hypothesis for a natural explanation for this, as well as one involving aliens, and then think of possible ways of testing those two hypotheses? smile

WatsisnameDate: Monday, 30.05.2016, 17:34 | Message # 510
Galaxy Architect
United States
Salvo, excellent work on the formula! But your integral needs a variable of integration. This raises some interesting questions. How shall we integrate over a chicken?

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Page 34 of 46«1232333435364546»
Search: