Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 24 of 46«1222232425264546»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Conspiracy Theories
werdnaforeverDate: Thursday, 11.07.2013, 04:27 | Message # 346
World Builder
Group: Users
United States
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
I would like to respectfully direct this video to the attention of werdnaforever, and generally anyone who is suspicious about the circumstances under which WTC building 7 collapsed. And try not to be put off by the title, the guy does a good job of explaining both the "truther" and "official" claims, and compares them with the evidence recorded of the event and with engineering computer models which attempted to recreate the circumstances. Since both claims make testable predictions - and are thus falsifiable - this is simply a classic case of scientific investigation.

I'm watching them now and feel more enlightened.

smile

Still, our government is an awful corrupt pathetic excuse of an institution though. Okay... that's subjective- but hard to dispute. :P

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 11.07.2013, 06:07 | Message # 347
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (werdnaforever)
Still, our government is an awful corrupt pathetic excuse of an institution though.

Yes, it's pretty bad and getting steadily worse. Unless there is dramatic change I predict that the United States of America as we know it will not survive this century. If we're lucky, it won't make too much trouble before it goes out.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

werdnaforeverDate: Friday, 12.07.2013, 07:22 | Message # 348
World Builder
United States
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
Yes, it's pretty bad and getting steadily worse. Unless there is dramatic change I predict that the United States of America as we know it will not survive this century. If we're lucky, it won't make too much trouble before it goes out.

I always had this feeling that something very significant would happen in my lifetime, and the end of the US as we know it would do more than qualify for that. I'm not sure how long this discontent with government snooping will continue, but people need to become dissatisfied with their leaders for any real change for the better. I have a bad feeling it's likely to die down, or, this being the conspiracy theories thread, they may be planning some kind of big event as a distraction. Heck, they don't even have to at this point when the media talk about a murder trial like it's the only thing happening in the world.

(What is it with these overly-publicized trials, anyway? It's not that I don't care about murder, or things like that, but this isn't exactly newsworthy. ...people eat this stuff up. Aren't there other murders taking place? Why are there always these cases that seem to come from nowhere? It's like they need something to talk about to fill up time- there's a whole mess of cynical reasoning here that I don't feel like getting into know.)

The important question is what would replace the US as we know it. There's no way to know until right around the time it happens since there are way too many wild cards (specific people, places, actions, events, features introduced in new versions of space engine, etc.). We'll find out though.

DisasterpieceDate: Friday, 12.07.2013, 18:27 | Message # 349
World Builder
United States
Quote (werdnaforever)
The important question is what would replace the US as we know it. There's no way to know until right around the time it happens since there are way too many wild cards (specific people, places, actions, events, features introduced in new versions of space engine, etc.). We'll find out though.

Now for a national anthem with more stupid references...

Attachments: 2507360.png(10Kb)

I play teh spase engien

BlackeyeDate: Friday, 12.07.2013, 18:43 | Message # 350
Astronaut
Germany
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtq3xoooZ74

Attachments: 4971350.png(3Kb) · 6731478.jpg(150Kb)

SalvoDate: Friday, 12.07.2013, 19:18 | Message # 351
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
I don't talk german but i think i understood what that says biggrin

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

midtskogenDate: Friday, 12.07.2013, 19:44 | Message # 352
Star Engineer
Norway
Yellow=Important for space weather prediction
Red=Important from the UFO fans

NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

neutronium76Date: Monday, 15.07.2013, 19:29 | Message # 353
World Builder
Greece
Also Hubble has discovered the Event Horizon Spacecraft tongue

tomato

PC1:Core i7 970@3.34GHz, 6 cores/12 threads, 12GB DDR3 RAM@1.34GHz, 2x(SLI) GTX-580 GPUs 3GB VRAM(GDDR5)@1GHz, OS:Win7x64SP1
PC2:Core2Quad X9770@3.2GHz, 2 cores/4 threads 4GB DDR2 RAM@1GHz, GTX-285 GPU 1GB VRAM(DDR3)@1.24GHz, OS:WinVistax64SP2

werdnaforeverDate: Saturday, 20.07.2013, 06:50 | Message # 354
World Builder
United States
I need windows- certain software I use only runs on it without any viable alternatives on other platforms. There are those allocations that there's been a backdoor since 1999 but I'm not sure I can take them too seriously. Is that all nonsense or not?

I'm not as worried about Skydrive- I don't really need it so I won't really use it, I guess. I'm most concerned with windows 8, and especially 8.1. I'm not about to downgrade to 7, as I don't feel like installing everything over again and actually enjoy the modern UI (really). I can live with disabling the integrated skydrive in the group policy editor and the web search with ads. I've never even used Skype before and don't need to. My concern is the OS itself and the allegations that MS is more than happy to help out the NSA.

How concerned is everyone here? Or more specifically, those who use windows primarily, are happy with how it works, and depend on it specifically for programs they are required to use/want to use that won't work on Linux or don't have reasonable alternatives. (I'm not worried that I'm being actively monitored or something crazy, but I'm more concerned with my privacy than ever before.)

neutronium76Date: Saturday, 20.07.2013, 08:36 | Message # 355
World Builder
Greece
No matter what OS people use, the NSA, CIA and British Inteligence (and I suppose the Russian and Israel equivalent agencies) will be able to spy on you unless you are not connected to the internet or you are a very good hacker and know how to shield and hide yourself inside the net. But then again, all these agencies if they really want to track you down, they can either if you are connected to the internet or not wink

I have heard though that certain OSs like Linux, have better security for the user but Linux is Linux smile ....

PC1:Core i7 970@3.34GHz, 6 cores/12 threads, 12GB DDR3 RAM@1.34GHz, 2x(SLI) GTX-580 GPUs 3GB VRAM(GDDR5)@1GHz, OS:Win7x64SP1
PC2:Core2Quad X9770@3.2GHz, 2 cores/4 threads 4GB DDR2 RAM@1GHz, GTX-285 GPU 1GB VRAM(DDR3)@1.24GHz, OS:WinVistax64SP2

AerospacefagDate: Saturday, 20.07.2013, 11:06 | Message # 356
Pioneer
Russian Federation
Quote (werdnaforever)
How concerned is everyone here?

Supposedly, the only purpose that these systems pursuing is ensuring the stability current structure of world. With USA as the center of the Universe, etc. As far as you can be sure, if your actions aren't threatening any of powers in the world, not participating in any unlawful or just political activity and living usual sheepish life in general, you're out of trouble. As far as I imagine, this is the safest way.

I presume, in most countries you have to try very hard to attract government and, moreover, intelligence attention, but it seems that somewhere this limit is severely downgraded.

neutronium76Date: Thursday, 22.08.2013, 17:32 | Message # 357
World Builder
Greece
Guys what do you think about this:

I think that this is more or less true about the above:

midtskogenDate: Thursday, 22.08.2013, 18:25 | Message # 358
Star Engineer
Norway
Quote (neutronium76)
Guys what do you think about this:

You're not going to have me suffer through those movies. But both seem to be made by people having gone through a long process of finding a purpose and meaning with the world and everything. I couldn't care less. For me it's totally uninteresting. It may be human to search for a purpose or meaning, but the idea that everything has to have it looks like compulsive thinking to me, certainly if it leads to conspiracy theories.

NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

Gondor2222Date: Thursday, 22.08.2013, 20:17 | Message # 359
Space Pilot
United States
I think this video is a better explanation for why humans are unable to thrive:

Edited by Gondor2222 - Thursday, 22.08.2013, 21:48

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 22.08.2013, 21:24 | Message # 360
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (Gondor2222)
Also, how do I embed a video in a post?

http://en.spaceengine.org/index/17

However, as far as I know it only works with Youtube and Vimeo.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Page 24 of 46«1222232425264546»
Search: