Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 22 of 46«1220212223244546»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Conspiracy Theories
TimDate: Sunday, 31.03.2013, 21:51 | Message # 316
Explorer
Group: Users
Belgium
That is actually disturbing xd

SpyroDate: Monday, 01.04.2013, 20:45 | Message # 317
Explorer
United States
That is totally cropped and false, kinda interesting, however.
Another, completely unrelated conspiracy theory I have is this:
http://mojang.com/2013/04/its-finally-coming-minecraft-2-0/
Happy april fools day everyone! smile

I'm back, but am I here to stay? Hopefully!

neutronium76Date: Sunday, 12.05.2013, 18:14 | Message # 318
World Builder
Greece
According to this video there is significant wind (and other) sounds during the descend of curiosity probe to Mars. But Mars's atmospheric pressure is approx. 1% of earths. So at this pressure level (and also from the fact that the wind sound comes from an altitude and not from the surface which means atm. pressure is even lower) there shouldn't be any audible sounds from the wind. How do you science gurus explain that?
I tell you how: The whole mission is a hoax biggrin . They didn't send curiosity to Mars! They just faked-landed it on a desert here on earth - probably somewhere in New Mexico or other Mars-look-like place - there are many on Earth!
For one more time they have been revealed!

PC1:Core i7 970@3.34GHz, 6 cores/12 threads, 12GB DDR3 RAM@1.34GHz, 2x(SLI) GTX-580 GPUs 3GB VRAM(GDDR5)@1GHz, OS:Win7x64SP1
PC2:Core2Quad X9770@3.2GHz, 2 cores/4 threads 4GB DDR2 RAM@1GHz, GTX-285 GPU 1GB VRAM(DDR3)@1.24GHz, OS:WinVistax64SP2

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 12.05.2013, 18:16 | Message # 319
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
neutronium76, please don't make the same post in two different places...

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

neutronium76Date: Sunday, 12.05.2013, 18:17 | Message # 320
World Builder
Greece
And Harbinger Dawn please wait for me to correct this... dry

Corrected

PC1:Core i7 970@3.34GHz, 6 cores/12 threads, 12GB DDR3 RAM@1.34GHz, 2x(SLI) GTX-580 GPUs 3GB VRAM(GDDR5)@1GHz, OS:Win7x64SP1
PC2:Core2Quad X9770@3.2GHz, 2 cores/4 threads 4GB DDR2 RAM@1GHz, GTX-285 GPU 1GB VRAM(DDR3)@1.24GHz, OS:WinVistax64SP2

SalvoDate: Sunday, 12.05.2013, 19:18 | Message # 321
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Quote (neutronium76)
According to this video there is significant wind (and other) sounds during the descend of curiosity probe to Mars. But Mars's atmospheric pressure is approx. 1% of earths. So at this pressure level (and also from the fact that the wind sound comes from an altitude and not from the surface which means atm. pressure is even lower) there shouldn't be any audible sounds from the wind. How do you science gurus explain that?
I tell you how: The whole mission is a hoax biggrin . They didn't send curiosity to Mars! They just faked-landed it on a desert here on earth - probably somewhere in New Mexico or other Mars-look-like place - there are many on Earth!
For one more time they have been revealed!

If they made such a complicated hoax, i don't think they would forgot about this .-.

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

LucasDate: Sunday, 12.05.2013, 20:52 | Message # 322
Astronaut
Sweden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw

This one is an artwork. I love how the first ten minutes appear "normal" in comparison to what later comes.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 12.05.2013, 21:02 | Message # 323
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Spirit Science ugh....

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

WatsisnameDate: Sunday, 12.05.2013, 21:28 | Message # 324
Galaxy Architect
United States
Quote (neutronium76)
So at this pressure level (and also from the fact that the wind sound comes from an altitude and not from the surface which means atm. pressure is even lower) there shouldn't be any audible sounds from the wind. How do you science gurus explain that?

Wow you're right! I guess that also means the craft doesn't need a heat shield for atmospheric entry. Or a parachute for that matter! Silly NASA. tongue

Edited by Watsisname - Sunday, 12.05.2013, 21:30

DarkcloakDate: Monday, 13.05.2013, 03:51 | Message # 325
Astronaut
United States
Quote (Watsisname)
Silly NASA.

Yeah! Silly NASA, Trix are for kids! Who needs parachutes? That's why astronauts have adamantium skeletons, duh. Yeah, actually, I've no idea what the topic was. I thought, "Huh, wonder what the last post was in 'Conspiracy Theories'?" And boy what a point to jump in!

Added (13.05.2013, 06:51)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Lucas)

This one is an artwork. I love how the first ten minutes appear "normal" in comparison to what later comes.

Quote (DoctorOfSpace)
Spirit Science ugh....

Not all of the Spirit Science videos are quite that "omigawd-are-you-for-real-because-c'mon-seriously??" I've seen the ones dealing with out of body experiences, etc (but I'm biased, because I've been experimenting with that since I was eleven, which was long ago), and they're pretty neat. The art is cute. But, being the son of an anthropologist, I have lots of discussions about ancient aliens theory with my mom. It always comes back to, "The evidence we have is what we have. It has yet to be disproved. When it does, I'll be more inclined to believe ET has been here." Anyway, I'm always inclined to believe that Earth has been visited by intelligent extraterrestrials but, that they didn't have the influence some people think they may have. I believe the scenario may have been as follows:
An advanced civilization from another planet arrives on Earth. "We made it! Good thing, too. I was having this wicked hypersleep nightmare that involved a less advanced civilization thinking we were some kind of gods!"
The people of the time witness the arrival, and immediately proclaim their gods as having arrived.
Upon realizing this, the aliens' eyes go Aten-wide with awkward terror. "Um, well," say the aliens, "this isn't quite what we expected...for the most part. Come to think of it, we didn't know what to expect at all. Actually, we were just passing through. Thanks for the liquor and fun. We'll be on our way, now."
So, the aliens leave after a brief stint that probably involved a bit of cultural exchange (drinking, and lots of it, and NOT building any pyramids [do not point out the Bent Pyramid as an example of drunken alien influence; if you do, I'll cry]).
The people, their gods having abandoned them, go all sad-faced and emo-teared, and proceed to write the aliens into their histories.
Yeah. Something like that. Never mind the fact that the aliens I just haphazardly described probably seem more like runaway rebel teens who stole mom and dad's starship away for a joy ride, but it's whatever, yo. Point being, I think they were here. But, the civilizations around at the time of their arrival would have only been able to describe their experiences with these beings in the context of their own lives. Thus, what may have been gods may, in fact, have been some people from another planet out planet-hopping. Why they wouldn't come back here to hang out with we Earthlings again, that's another story. Maybe they're waiting until we level-up as a species. happy

Edited by Darkcloak - Monday, 13.05.2013, 02:24

WatsisnameDate: Monday, 13.05.2013, 06:32 | Message # 326
Galaxy Architect
United States
Quote (Darkcloak)
So, the aliens leave after a brief stint that probably involved a bit of cultural exchange (drinking, and lots of it, and NOT building any pyramids [do not point out the Bent Pyramid as an example of drunken alien influence; if you do, I'll cry]).

lol

DarkcloakDate: Monday, 13.05.2013, 19:29 | Message # 327
Astronaut
United States
lol Once, someone tried to make the case to me that the bent pyramid is an example of what happens when humans tried to replicate something that aliens had built. If they hadn't said it in seriousness, I could have been amused. But, no. They were serious. I didn't know what to do with that. I just sort of opened my mouth, shut it, and walked away. Stonehenge theories, anyone? Or, perhaps, the issue of pyramid structures popping up around the world in ancient civilizations? We'll be an ancient civilization at some point. We still build pyramids. Because, like the arch, they're so stable that they happen to last virtually forever.

pebbleDate: Monday, 13.05.2013, 21:26 | Message # 328
Astronaut
United States
Quote (Darkcloak)
Stonehenge theories, anyone?

Actually this site, The Forgotten Technology, is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Some farmer in the US figured out how to make a Stonehenge arch by himself, using nothing more than simple wood implements. I especially liked his trick of walking multi-ton concrete slabs without wheels (or antigravity).

It's not the best-laid-out site in the world, but the videos and diagrams are pretty darned fascinating.

PS the "round road" thing is neat, too.

Edited by pebble - Monday, 13.05.2013, 21:31

DarkcloakDate: Tuesday, 14.05.2013, 22:39 | Message # 329
Astronaut
United States
Quote (pebble)
It's not the best-laid-out site in the world, but the videos and diagrams are pretty darned fascinating.

Thanks! That's awesome! The fact that this dude did it by himself is incredible. It reminds me of the History Channel documentary I saw years ago, where they had a team try various ways of recreating a henge. Without aliens. happy

WatsisnameDate: Wednesday, 15.05.2013, 02:21 | Message # 330
Galaxy Architect
United States
That was insanely cool. Genius, even! Thanks for sharing! cool

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Page 22 of 46«1220212223244546»
Search: