Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 18 of 46«1216171819204546»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Conspiracy Theories
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 23.12.2012, 06:35 | Message # 256
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
(Disasterpiece)
I don't think guns should be banned but still, he's not the smartest.

Bit late on that but they are looking into stricter gun laws though. So in one sense the conspiracy nuts are correct.

(Disasterpiece)
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT!

Alex Jones being Alex Jones always being extreme

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Edited by DoctorOfSpace - Sunday, 23.12.2012, 07:56

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 31.12.2012, 05:39 | Message # 257
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
[Discussion about United States government involvement in the September 11 terrorist attacks continued from here]

(werdnaforever)
I won't get into specifics but its obvious our govt played a part in 911, even if it was indirect

It is not obvious; if it were then it would have been clearly demonstrated by now. What evidence do you have to support your claim?

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

werdnaforeverDate: Monday, 31.12.2012, 06:50 | Message # 258
World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
...explosions at the base of the tower... The towers collapsing exactly like a controlled demolition... Wtc building seven... Military training for the same scenario on the same day... Etc.

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 31.12.2012, 07:04 | Message # 259
Cosmic Curator
United States
(werdnaforever)
...explosions at the base of the tower

There were none (at least I've never seen any documentation of any)

(werdnaforever)
The towers collapsing exactly like a controlled demolition...

No they didn't. Analysis and experiment have been able to replicate and verify the circumstances leading to the collapse of both towers, and it was due to the weakening of the structure by high-temperature fires fed by copious amounts of jet fuel. This has been confirmed by independent researchers.

(werdnaforever)
Wtc building seven

WTC7 collapsed due to structural failure caused by fire and impact damage from debris from WTC 1 and 2. Photo, video, and eyewitness documentation provide substantial evidence for this.

(werdnaforever)
Military training for the same scenario on the same day...

I know nothing of this so I can't comment, but research and training related to scenarios of aircraft being used as weapons have been conducted for decades, long before 9/11. Also, if it was a government job, shouldn't the training have been conducted PRIOR to the attack, not on the same day?

(werdnaforever)
Etc.

Such as?

Also, everything that you listed is assertion, none of it constitutes "evidence". Evidence would be things like primary source documentation or peer-reviewed expert analysis.

My SE mods and addons

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Monday, 31.12.2012, 07:06

werdnaforeverDate: Monday, 31.12.2012, 07:12 | Message # 260
World Builder
Pirate
Perhaps your points are valid... My intention on the other thread wasn't really about getting into a huge discussion about 911. I have no doubt it will continue here, though. It's certainly more plausible than aliens (the real cause of 911).
Edit: smile

Edited by werdnaforever - Monday, 31.12.2012, 07:13

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 31.12.2012, 07:15 | Message # 261
Cosmic Curator
United States
(werdnaforever)
My intention on the other thread wasn't really about getting into a huge discussion about 911.

It's a topic worthy of discussion, which is why I moved it here and carried on with it.

My SE mods and addons

AerospacefagDate: Monday, 31.12.2012, 13:49 | Message # 262
Pioneer
Russian Federation
IMHO, all main "historical facts" about US for the last 100 years are exactly like this. Pearl-harbor, landing on Moon, 911 are all deeply connected to the political course of the state, therefore, surrounded by impenetrable cloud of hearings and conjectures.

Edited by Aerospacefag - Monday, 31.12.2012, 13:50

jtmedinaDate: Monday, 31.12.2012, 19:31 | Message # 263
Space Pilot
Spain
(werdnaforever)
...explosions at the base of the tower... The towers collapsing exactly like a controlled demolition... Wtc building seven... Military training for the same scenario on the same day... Etc.

Hi,
Just saw one of your post talking about 9/11. I agree with you that there is something else that happened that day.
I'd like to share a link of ae911truth.org It's a good youtube channel good information told by professionals including architects and very qualified people who like you want to get to the bottom of what really happened that day.

My Personal opinion. These forums are great just because of Vladimir's incredible work.
But for everything else specially about the conspiracy forum, you are just wasting your time and energy, because you are gonna hit a wall of deniers and one who will basically reply to your arguments with only theories and the official story which for anyone well informed is just misleading and falsified and they-he will discredit every single word without giving any consistent proof that your argument is wrong.

So my piece of advice. Don't waste your energy with people who are not as open minded as you are and are not willing to see beyond the official story.

Happy new year :-)
Medina.

Edited by jtmedina - Monday, 31.12.2012, 19:33

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 31.12.2012, 20:26 | Message # 264
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
(jtmedina)
because you are gonna hit a wall of deniers and one who will basically reply to your arguments with only theories and the official story

(jtmedina)
which for anyone well informed is just misleading and falsified and they-he will discredit every single word without giving any consistent proof that your argument is wrong.

I guess thats an indirect way of calling people idiots.

(jtmedina)
Don't waste your energy with people who are not as open minded as you are and are not willing to see beyond the official story.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 31.12.2012, 23:14 | Message # 265
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote jtmedina
a wall of deniers

Don't confuse "skepticism" with "denial"

Quote jtmedina
discredit every single word without giving any consistent proof that your argument is wrong.

No one here has done anything of that sort yet.

Quote jtmedina
not as open minded as you are and are not willing to see beyond the official story.

I can't speak for every member of this forum, of course, but I personally am not a closed-minded person and I am a dedicated skeptic and adhere to principles of scientific philosophy. For me, no answers are truly "final", and I am always willing to accept that an alternative conclusion may be correct. That said, I tend to go with whichever conclusion is best supported by the most credible evidence. If someone wants to convince me of a factual matter, that is how they have to do it.

The importance of having a both open and skeptical mind can be summed up thusly:

My SE mods and addons

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 01.01.2013, 09:21 | Message # 266
Galaxy Architect
United States
(jtmedina)
My Personal opinion. These forums are great just because of Vladimir's incredible work.
But for everything else specially about the conspiracy forum, you are just wasting your time and energy, because you are gonna hit a wall of deniers and one who will basically reply to your arguments with only theories and the official story which for anyone well informed is just misleading and falsified and they-he will discredit every single word without giving any consistent proof that your argument is wrong.

I gather that you're rather convinced that the 'official story' is incorrect. That's all fine and well, but if you wish to convince other people of it then there's two things I'd like to point out:
1) Not everyone who agrees with the official story is closed-minded, uninformed, or an idiot.
2) A large number of people on this forum are critical thinkers, and believe that the final arbiter of any claim is evidence.

By the way, regarding your phrase 'only theories', I must say I find it a curious choice of words. Usually I see people say that kind of thing when they are dismissive of a widely-held explanation, such as when creationists are referring to topics in geology, evolution, astronomy, etc. "It's only a theory!" But what do you call the proposition that 9/11 was an inside job? Isn't that also 'only a theory'? How are you defining the word theory there?

In scientific terms, a theory is an explanation or model of observed phenomenon which:
1) is based on empirical evidence and logical reasoning.
2) is testable, has been tested rigorously, and is supported by those tests
3) is potentially falsifiable

If it has not been rigorously tested, then it is considered a hypothesis, which is still very important but not yet considered valid. Many hypotheses turn out to be wrong, some turn out correct.

If the claim that 9/11 was an inside job at least meets the criteria of hypothesis, then I'd be absolutely interested in learning more. Personally I believe I am reasonably open minded and a critical thinker. I can be convinced of anything, regardless of how crazy it is, if there is sufficient evidence to support it. Of course, the more crazy it is, the more powerful the evidence needs to be. As an example, relativity is pretty freaking crazy, but I am convinced the theory is correct because it has been extremely thoroughly supported by experiment.

JohnMcJefersonDate: Friday, 04.01.2013, 10:23 | Message # 267
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
So there is this interesting new conspiracy theory that secret north European cosmos agency is stealing crucial data from smartphone users. Video explains: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75NA68WtF68

Antza2Date: Friday, 04.01.2013, 10:35 | Message # 268
World Builder
Finland
(JohnMcJeferson)
So there is this interesting new conspiracy theory that secret north European cosmos agency is stealing crucial data from smartphone users. Video explains: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75NA68WtF68

Hello JohnMcJeferson, welcome to the forum. Please remember to read the forum rules.

There is already a conspiracy thread.

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 09.01.2013, 00:13 | Message # 269
Galaxy Architect
Pirate

Edit
Alex Jones never fails to ramp it up with his conspiracy nonsense.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Edited by DoctorOfSpace - Wednesday, 23.01.2013, 11:23

expandoDate: Wednesday, 23.01.2013, 12:29 | Message # 270
Space Pilot
Australia
[Moved from another thread]

Since it's harder for life to push up against the surface, it's harder for them to grow larger since it would take much more energy to move around against the high gravity.

If humans evolved on a planet with high gravity, we would be shorter. Low gravity would be much less restrictive, and humans could grow taller.

In the movie, the creatures are GIGANTIC! It would take gargantuan amounts of energy just to move around slowly. On a home planet with low gravity, they'd be doing just fine, and would be collapsing under their own weight as they arrived. We'd have no problem blowing them to bits.

I believe that is what happened to the Dinosaurs, the earth expanded and the increase in gravity caused the larger dinosaurs to die out. Neutrinos from the sun interact with the hydrogen plasma core of the earth creating new simple and low elemental material (such as water), over time the pressure builds up and the earth suddenly expands (and violently). Most people believe the core of the earth is filled with iron and denser materials, this is not the case, the core of the earth is filled with the lightest elements, but under great pressure. This is logical to assume because at the center of the earth, there is no gravity, gravity tempers off half way through the earth's mass. The hydrogen core of the earth captures passing neutrinos and converts them into mass

Please read http://www.dinox.org/ and other websites relating to expanding earth theory.

Also view James Maxwell's 2005 expanding earth presentation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePyU7cyMT_k

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true - by the wise as false - and by the rulers as useful."
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Edited by expando - Wednesday, 23.01.2013, 12:46

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Conspiracy Theories (And UFOs, ancient astronauts, and other such things.)
Page 18 of 46«1216171819204546»
Search: