Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 81 of 231«127980818283230231»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Totally off-topic thread (Talk about anything.)
Totally off-topic thread
WatsisnameDate: Friday, 03.05.2013, 22:59 | Message # 1201
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Flip keyboard up over your head. Receive candy!

VoekoevakaDate: Friday, 03.05.2013, 23:00 | Message # 1202
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
I've got the same bug. We should note it on the known bugs.
Oh, I've got a crash too when I click on the red cross at the top of the window.

This needed to be in a different post, but there was no activity in this thread since my previous post, and, as I don't want to make a double post (otherwise moderators will be angry sad ) so I'm condamned to put this as an edit of this post. That's why nobody will see it. cry

I was wandering on the internet, and I discovered an interesting space simulator software : MPL3D.
Graphically, it doesn't reach the level of SE, but it have some interresting features, like disk around oblate stars, contact binaries, lights on the night side of planets...

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

Edited by Voekoevaka - Saturday, 04.05.2013, 21:46

werdnaforeverDate: Sunday, 05.05.2013, 01:26 | Message # 1203
World Builder
Group: Users
United States
Quote (Voekoevaka)
This needed to be in a different post, but there was no activity in this thread since my previous post, and, as I don't want to make a double post (otherwise moderators will be angry ) so I'm condamned to put this as an edit of this post. That's why nobody will see it.

If you post something, and then post something else right after,

Added (05.05.2013, 04:20)
---------------------------------------------
then this will happen.

EDIT: well, what I mean is it's not taking up lots of space. The only reason I can think someone would be angry would be if you were doing it to artificially increase your post count or something.

Added (05.05.2013, 04:26)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Watsisname)
Flip keyboard up over your head. Receive candy!

Yeah, nice try... it's not like I've heard this before in an XKCD comic.

Edited by werdnaforever - Sunday, 05.05.2013, 01:24

Joey_PenguinDate: Sunday, 05.05.2013, 01:44 | Message # 1204
Pioneer
United States
Every time I hit the pause button, my game freezes. PLEASE HELP!! cry

Careful. The PLATT Collective has spurs.

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 05.05.2013, 01:52 | Message # 1205
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (werdnaforever)
if you were doing it to artificially increase your post count or something.

When it merges your new post with your previous post it does not add to post count, just tells the thread that the post is new.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Crashman1390Date: Sunday, 05.05.2013, 03:23 | Message # 1206
Explorer
Canada
A weird glitch:

Ying-Yang poles:

Attachments: 6783971.png(584Kb) · 6158061.png(314Kb)

[b]I was wrong, this forum still has a horrible community.[/b]

Edited by Crashman1390 - Sunday, 05.05.2013, 03:25

NovaSiliskoDate: Monday, 06.05.2013, 17:12 | Message # 1207
Explorer
United States
Got a bluescreen when shutting down my PC last night, "An attempt was made to write to read-only memory". Just a fluke or a symptom of something bigger?

apenpaapDate: Monday, 06.05.2013, 17:23 | Message # 1208
World Builder
Antarctica
I usually have classical music on at night to help me get to sleep. However, this morning I woke up in silence. Which has happened before and usually just means my internet had a hiccup at night stopping the radio (which plays on my computer). But this morning, I found the problem was instead that my computer was muted. Which is very odd, since it definitely wasn't when I went to sleep. So I want to ask if anyone knows of a way my computer may have muted itself (it's on Windows 7). Because other than that, the only explanations I can think of are me sleepwalking or my neighbour breaking in to turn it off... (which would be really strange, considering he'd have to come through the window and I live on the seventh floor... If he can hear it and wanted to turn it off, risking his life to break in seems a rather odd way to turn it off)

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

NovaSiliskoDate: Monday, 06.05.2013, 17:43 | Message # 1209
Explorer
United States
Rolled over and your hand flopping around hitting a mute button on it maybe?

apenpaapDate: Monday, 06.05.2013, 17:46 | Message # 1210
World Builder
Antarctica
Well, the computer is below my bed and quite out of reach, so I can't have muted it in my sleep unless I was sleepwalking.

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

NovaSiliskoDate: Monday, 06.05.2013, 20:06 | Message # 1211
Explorer
United States

Antza2Date: Monday, 06.05.2013, 21:19 | Message # 1212
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Quote (Voekoevaka)
otherwise moderators will be angry

In my opinion, double posting is acceptable after long periods of inactivity.
It becomes a problem if you post twice even when a single post would have been enough.

Quote (apenpaap)
I usually have classical music on at night to help me get to sleep. However, this morning I woke up in silence. Which has happened before and usually just means my internet had a hiccup at night stopping the radio (which plays on my computer). But this morning, I found the problem was instead that my computer was muted. Which is very odd, since it definitely wasn't when I went to sleep. So I want to ask if anyone knows of a way my computer may have muted itself (it's on Windows 7). Because other than that, the only explanations I can think of are me sleepwalking or my neighbour breaking in to turn it off... (which would be really strange, considering he'd have to come through the window and I live on the seventh floor... If he can hear it and wanted to turn it off, risking his life to break in seems a rather odd way to turn it off)

A strange thing happened to me too the other day. I was going to bed when i started noticing a strange hum coming from the basement. I went to check and i noticed that my old Win2000 machine was running. Nobody has gone to that part of the basement in at least a month.
The whole day had been strange. A friend of mine that lives about 5km from my house was posting on facebook about a thunderstorm, but i hadn't noticed a cloud in the sky the whole day. It was quite warm and the sun was shining, though the air did seem a bit "thick" like it usually does before thunderstorms.
I guess a lightning strike could have caused my old computer to turn on, but that seems a bit far fetched. I don't really know what to make of this.

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

VoekoevakaDate: Monday, 06.05.2013, 21:47 | Message # 1213
World Builder
France
In my school, it is not rare for me to make a computer freeze just when I look at it.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

DisasterpieceDate: Monday, 06.05.2013, 23:47 | Message # 1214
World Builder
United States
Quote (Voekoevaka)
In my school, it is not rare for me to make a computer freeze just when I look at it.

I can crash computers at my school by walking into the room, and I live in a county that has been fluctuating from 4th to 9th richest in the US. Budget cuts...

I play teh spase engien

osterizer8Date: Tuesday, 07.05.2013, 22:42 | Message # 1215
Space Tourist
United States
my school's computers aren't quite that bad, but they do take up to 10 minutes just to log on sometimes. My school has been getting some newer Macs in some rooms, however. They are faster, but they crash all the time, so they end up being just as frustrating to use. sad

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » Totally off-topic thread (Talk about anything.)
Page 81 of 231«127980818283230231»
Search: