RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 3123»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Science and Astronomy Discussions » What way would you want earth? (Alternate history)
What way would you want earth?
steeljaw354Date: Monday, 14.12.2015, 20:40 | Message # 1
World Builder
Group: Users
Pirate
I would want earth to be a moon of a gas giant, but have the gas giant be rouge, But have humans the way they are. You would have a lot less storms, the earth would be tidally heated by moons about the size of mars. Snow would be common but nothing like a blizzard.

Or I would have it be lot like this http://www.worlddreambank.org/L/LIB.HTM
See more on that site for alternate earths or other planets/moons

Edited by steeljaw354 - Monday, 14.12.2015, 20:48

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 15.12.2015, 05:09 | Message # 2
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
I'm happy with Earth the way it is. smile

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Tuesday, 15.12.2015, 05:16 | Message # 3
Galaxy Architect
Pirate

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Wicker1MDate: Tuesday, 15.12.2015, 08:23 | Message # 4
Astronaut
United States
Don't destroy the Earth! The Earth does not deserve to be destroyed.

I would want Earth to be placed in a solar system where all of the planets are inhabited.

steeljaw354Date: Tuesday, 15.12.2015, 11:27 | Message # 5
World Builder
Pirate
That could mean more wars, depending on the way the others are.

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 15.12.2015, 11:44 | Message # 6
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
I actually like the earth quite as it is; but inhabited by intelligent, sentient life. Apart from the dolphins, they have it pretty hard to make something like a technological civilization. dry

Don't forget to look here.

Edited by JackDole - Tuesday, 15.12.2015, 11:48

PlutonianEmpireDate: Wednesday, 16.12.2015, 01:25 | Message # 7
Pioneer
United States
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()

My sentiments exactly! biggrin

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

parameciumkidDate: Wednesday, 16.12.2015, 03:49 | Message # 8
Explorer
United States
Geologically I'd keep most things the same, yep. The only thing I'd really want to change is to have a helluva lot less humans. And I'm not just being emo here: most of the problems facing humans today are caused in some way by overpopulation, so in short, life would be better for those of us who remain if there were simply not so damned many of us.
Oh, and I'd have the Space Race never really have ended. Russia and the US would just continue shoveling billions of dollars into space development so that by today, 40+ years later, we'd actually have colonized something.
But astrophysically, yeah, I'd keep everything pretty much the same. Maybe move the Moon to a retrograde orbit or Earth into retrograde rotation or whatever is necessary so the Moon doesn't go drifting away.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 ;P

Edited by parameciumkid - Wednesday, 16.12.2015, 03:52

AlekDate: Wednesday, 16.12.2015, 04:30 | Message # 9
Pioneer
United States
Quote parameciumkid ()
Maybe move the Moon to a retrograde orbit or Earth into retrograde rotation or whatever is necessary so the Moon doesn't go drifting away.

You seriously want eventually the moon to beak apart into a messy ring that will cause a rain of asteroids for thousands of years? I'd rather the sun fry the planet in it's red giant phase over that demise

Living among the stars, I find my way. I grow in strength through knowledge of the space I occupy, until I become the ruler of my own interstellar empire of sorts. Though The world was made for the day, I was made for the night, and thus, the universe itself is within my destiny.

WatsisnameDate: Wednesday, 16.12.2015, 04:41 | Message # 10
Galaxy Architect
United States
It won't go drifting away, at least not completely. smile Theoretically, the tidal evolution would stabilize in a binary-lock at some point (I forget offhand the final orbital distance), but the timescale to do so is longer than the remaining life of the Sun.

The idea reminds me though of my wish for the Moon to have a smaller inclination angle than it does, down to maybe half a degree or so instead of 5 degrees. Then eclipses would be much more frequent. happy

FaceDeerDate: Tuesday, 22.12.2015, 01:42 | Message # 11
Space Pilot
Canada
I'd like it dismantled into a Dyson swarm, please. With billions and billions of Bernal spheres intermixed with the solar collectors. A much better use of all that matter than generating a big inconvenient gravity field.

WatsisnameDate: Tuesday, 22.12.2015, 02:08 | Message # 12
Galaxy Architect
United States
Yeah! You're right! And you know what else, it's so opaque, too. Terrible for doing astronomy! WHO EVEN DESIGNED THIS THING?

I retract my original statement. Dismantle Earth immediately.

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 22.12.2015, 16:37 | Message # 13
Star Engineer
Germany
I support that. An entire planet is a tremendous waste of material.

butterarmyxjrblxDate: Friday, 01.07.2016, 00:04 | Message # 14
Astronaut
Pirate
What I would like is around 7 planets sharing orbits very close to earth. Not too close to rip the planet due to the Roche Limit, but not so far it takes more than 1 month to travel to the various planets. And these planets have Human-Like life. In the early 1900s, the 7-world war breaks out. It ultimately results in earth and the 7 other planets creating a unified republic.

"You can't spell Challenge without change. You need to change to overcome challenges." -Bo Dallas

JackDoleDate: Friday, 01.07.2016, 00:28 | Message # 15
Star Engineer
Germany
butterarmyxjrblx,
maybe something like this?

Attachments: 3589973.jpg(213Kb) · 9971527.jpg(241Kb)

Forum » SpaceEngine » Science and Astronomy Discussions » What way would you want earth? (Alternate history)
Page 1 of 3123»
Search: