Forum » SpaceEngine » News and Announcements » SpaceEngine funding
SpaceEngine funding
DukenDate: Thursday, 27.11.2014, 18:53 | Message # 226
Observer
Group: Newbies
Poland
@Skydiver33
No no, i am DukenPL, i was talking about my comment, not the main post smile
That post certainly made people notice Space Engine, and it's where i saw the possibility to tell a lot of people that this game needs donations :P

Skydiver33Date: Thursday, 27.11.2014, 18:59 | Message # 227
Observer
Germany
Quote Duken ()
No no, i am DukenPL, i was talking about my comment, not the main post
That post certainly made people notice Space Engine, and it's where i saw the possibility to tell a lot of people that this game needs donations :P

Oh, so I can thank you directly then (I should start looking at people´s names :P). Yeah you are right, this programme just doesnt get the attention it deserves, good move there to promote it and keep it running. You managed to make people donate 1/8 of the total amount donated since april in a single day!

Edited by Skydiver33 - Thursday, 27.11.2014, 19:00

EddcastDate: Thursday, 27.11.2014, 19:05 | Message # 228
Observer
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Oh my god, 1000$ over the past day! Thank you guys, this is awesome!

You deserve the best, Vladimir! I've been playing around in this amazing program for two years, and I was a little upset that this game was never getting much attention.. I was the only one in the whole state of Virginia to be visiting this website and to be flying around in this marvelous Universe of Space Engine. Now, I'm seeing that people are getting really interested in this game, and I'm proud! So many people are amazed and downloading the game, and donating!! Two days ago, the donations were at $21,700, today its at $23,015! I've never seen an increase like that for these donations in such a short period of time! It took a month or two to get from 20k to 21k! This game will explode soon, specially with the new upcoming update, I know it. You have such great potential Mr. Romanyuk, all of these 9 years of your hard work are not in vain, trust me. Thank You sooo much for making such an amazing program, and I'm sure that everybody else on this site is thankful too. Keep working hard man, and take your time!

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 27.11.2014, 21:21 | Message # 229
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Wow thank you Duken! And thanks to all who made donations and promote SE in any way! You make possible it reach the level it reaches in 0.9.7.2, which by the way will be released soon!

EddcastDate: Friday, 28.11.2014, 04:24 | Message # 230
Observer
United States
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Wow thank you Duken! And thanks to all who made donations and promote SE in any way! You make possible it reach the level it reaches in 0.9.7.2, which by the way will be released soon!
You're welcome dude! You're awesome.

pzampellaDate: Friday, 28.11.2014, 13:00 | Message # 231
Space Pilot
Group: Users
Venezuela
It will be release again on Christmas! I know... biggrin

FireintheholeDate: Friday, 28.11.2014, 14:23 | Message # 232
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Quote SpaceEngineer ()

Ooooh great to hear! smile

Love SpaceEngine!

Edited by Fireinthehole - Friday, 28.11.2014, 14:23

schwarzwolfDate: Saturday, 29.11.2014, 22:47 | Message # 233
Astronaut
Germany
Congrats from me aswell. Its nice to see that the game got some additional funding to help to get it the vision closer.
Considering, that there only the donation is running and already got 20.000$, shows how much people want it and its aswell significant.

Could be intresting to see, what will happen, when the final crowdfunding where the full game (should we call it pro version with the game mode?) will be offered for a pledge starts. Think the money could be together very fast then. ^^

For the 1000$ money, that could be an effort of different sources linking and presenting the game. It was aswell linked in the Elite Forum as example because of the chancelled offline mode, that a galaxy and even universe is possible on a local machine. I corrected them then, that it is not only a planetarium, but that a single player mode is planed aswell and hinted here. So might be possible that this carried aswell some peoples here.

The info about the new game version is a very nice one aswell. Looking forward to it.

Skydiver33Date: Saturday, 29.11.2014, 23:09 | Message # 234
Observer
Germany
Quote schwarzwolf ()
For the 1000$ money, that could be an effort of different sources linking and presenting the game.

Look some comments above/on the page before. Explains why it got so much funding there.

schwarzwolfDate: Sunday, 30.11.2014, 13:08 | Message # 235
Astronaut
Germany
Quote Skydiver33 ()
Look some comments above/on the page before. Explains why it got so much funding there.
Yes, i have seen the post from reddit. Clearly the main source for the money. But we have to keep linking, if the situation allowes it. As more peoples know from it, as better. But how already stated, i think we are doing really good. smile

Even when i think there could still be a possibility of confusion with Space Engineers. I was aswell hardly able to keep both games apart until i learned to know Space Engine more. But well, changing name would be way worther i think. ^^

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 30.11.2014, 13:28 | Message # 236
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote schwarzwolf ()
But well, changing name would be way worther i think.

Maybe they should change their name, SpaceEngine existed first smile But I agree, specific SpaceEngine software products will need names; SpaceEngine is just the engine.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

schwarzwolfDate: Sunday, 30.11.2014, 22:20 | Message # 237
Astronaut
Germany
Youre right. I remember as i saw it first. Years ago. But to this time, there wasn't a nice game planed and it was only a Planetarium software. Think we hadn't even movable ships back there.

For the name of the game, looking forward, what ideas the devs have. biggrin

spacerDate: Sunday, 30.11.2014, 22:54 | Message # 238
Star Engineer
Israel
there was a thread about name poll, what about it? smile

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer

InariusDate: Sunday, 30.11.2014, 23:19 | Message # 239
Explorer
Group: Local Moderators
France
Perhaps the new trailer on youtube played a role in this sudden load money, too ? It is very beautiful and the dates are nearly matching, too. I remember that the previous one did this effect, too.

Edited by Inarius - Sunday, 30.11.2014, 23:20

PreliatorDate: Monday, 01.12.2014, 11:00 | Message # 240
Space Tourist
Italy
This project is a bomb ready to explode smile

Asus P7P55D, I7-860, Corsair 8Gb ram (4x2Gb), 2x WD 500Gb + Barracuda 1,5Tb, old but gold Radeon HD5870, Thermaltake 750w modular, Windows 7 64bit, Motu Audio Express, Asus 24" @1080p + LG 17", Logitech Z4 + G110 + G500, Sennheiser HD-25 II

Forum » SpaceEngine » News and Announcements » SpaceEngine funding
Page 16 of 23«1214151617182223»
Search: