Page 5 of 6«123456»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » New galaxies models
New galaxies models
gvladaDate: Sunday, 18.11.2012, 18:06 | Message # 61
Observer
Group: Newbies
Hungary
nice mode
im was try look at and fly in ewry new galaxy type what you make it work nice bat im get huge problem whan
im was try to go back to my old save waypoints under location and notice few major problems:
-if im try to select wp with _slect_ dont change my location's in F6 menu or click on wp and press _go to_im get teleported
all most random place in space or near saved location, that mean im can't load my old location in space or on planet.
-it seem problems start whan SE with your mod generate glaxies and planet and build up new cache.
im hope it will be some fix for this thanks

sory for my bad english

SolarisDate: Sunday, 18.11.2012, 23:33 | Message # 62
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
France
smjjames, it's not "my" thread at all, actually I was thinking to merge this thread with the "MOD - Creating Galaxies" thread. Anyway you are welcome to post your work here.
Also it's not a good idea to take my galaxies models as exemple, there is stuff that i've misunderstood or did the wrong way apparently, I'm still learning too, so originals SE textures should be the only one you take exemple on. I've never heard about alpha-chanel or else before starting create galaxies texures (and it's not that old..!), plus I mainly use an almost obsolete editing software (I have used it for ever.. Hard to turn the page..) and started using gimp less than two month ago. I tought the textures I made look not that bad in the engine and that it was better than nothing, so I've made more of them, with the same technic.

gvlada, I'm not sure to understand what you mean very well. But if some of your saved location are in one of the new model, the star distribution is changed, so the saved object not exist anymore. The only way you have to get back your saved location is to remplace the galaxy model by the original one.

smjjamesDate: Monday, 19.11.2012, 07:08 | Message # 63
World Builder
Group: Users
United States
Quote (Solaris)
smjjames, it's not "my" thread at all, actually I was thinking to merge this thread with the "MOD - Creating Galaxies" thread. Anyway you are welcome to post your work here.

No prob then. smile

Quote (Solaris)
Also it's not a good idea to take my galaxies models as exemple, there is stuff that i've misunderstood or did the wrong way apparently, I'm still learning too, so originals SE textures should be the only one you take exemple on.

Well, it's not just yours that I'm considering. Kviki is letting me use his texture (which happens to look A LOT like the galaxy I did, texture wise that is), theres Hoags Object, and theres your galaxy 4622, which looks alot like NGC 7742 without the bright inner ring. What I'm actually thinking of is doing a combination of two galaxies through cutting and pasting. The ring that Hoags Object has looks like it would work for the inner ring. Only problem is that I don't know how it would appear or how the quality would be affected when I scale the parts right.

Also, any tips on removing the galactic core for the sys image? I know I did it incorrectly there, but tried to correct by changing the core size and tinting it to match the bright core. I looked around at other galaxies and I think I get the idea of how it should be done.

Edited by smjjames - Monday, 19.11.2012, 07:53

smjjamesDate: Monday, 19.11.2012, 19:31 | Message # 64
World Builder
United States
Hey Solaris, when I was checking out ESO 498-GS, I noticed that the disk wasn't looking right. So, I looked in the models coding (actually, I already had it open as I was looking around at the galaxies with custom models) and saw that the side texture was SO rather than S0 (S zero). I made the same mistake when I tried applying the S0 side texture to the galaxy model that I was working on.

It looks fine now.

lolguy124Date: Monday, 19.11.2012, 21:42 | Message # 65
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Good add-on!! smile

I haz good computer! :D

SolarisDate: Tuesday, 20.11.2012, 00:44 | Message # 66
World Builder
France
Quote (smjjames)
any tips on removing the galactic core for the sys image?
You should make the border of the hole smoother (fade) and no borders net.
Quote (smjjames)
Hey Solaris, when I was checking out ESO 498-GS, I noticed that the disk wasn't looking right. So, I looked in the models coding (actually, I already had it open as I was looking around at the galaxies with custom models) and saw that the side texture was SO rather than S0 (S zero). I made the same mistake when I tried applying the S0 side texture to the galaxy model that I was working on.
I don't understand what you mean. This model use the side texture Sb (aesthetic reason) and is catalogued as Sc. I see no SO thing. But it should be catalogued as Sb. I'll do a complete check and update of the scripts info because I may have forgotten to verify this kind of stuff..

smjjamesDate: Tuesday, 18.12.2012, 18:07 | Message # 67
World Builder
United States
Quote (Solaris)
Quote (smjjames)
I don't understand what you mean. This model use the side texture Sb (aesthetic reason) and is catalogued as Sc. I see no SO thing. But it should be catalogued as Sb. I'll do a complete check and update of the scripts info because I may have forgotten to verify this kind of stuff..

It's possible that I might have changed it myself and forgot about it (sorry) or changed it by accident, but yeah, double checking the scripts info is a good idea.

Added (18.12.2012, 21:07)
---------------------------------------------
Hey Solaris, just a thought, maybe compact all the galaxy models on this thread into one pack? The reason I'm asking is because I was looking at page 1 and the stephan's quintet ones don't seem to be there. I didn't download the one on the first page because I assumed that they were all already in SE.

SolarisDate: Tuesday, 18.12.2012, 22:05 | Message # 68
World Builder
France
I'm not sure about make one pack of all the galaxies of this thread, in the OP, several galaxies are not even based on real galaxies. I think it's better to let SE pick new models posted here. A big file with new, old, artworks and model that already are in SE may be confusing.
I let down for now the stephan's quintet because it's very hard to make separated models of merged galaxies like thoses and it require time smile
You can see which models have been added to SE in this post page 2

Crashman1390Date: Saturday, 26.01.2013, 20:53 | Message # 69
Explorer
Canada
I'm wondering if you can replace the original milky way with those dust sprites and textures with your milkyway2 model hope you can help

Sencerely: crashman1390

[b]I was wrong, this forum still has a horrible community.[/b]

SolarisDate: Sunday, 27.01.2013, 02:09 | Message # 70
World Builder
France
Hello Crashman1390, Of course you can, but it will change all procedural stuff in the Milky Way (so you saved locations will be lost.) I would advise you to have some patience, 0.97 release is comming closer everyday and as long as every new version usually has changed the procedural algorithms, it would make more sense to wait. Also, a new model for milkyway is being built right now, it will be more accurate and will look way much nicer than this milkyway2 model. smile

KvikiDate: Monday, 28.01.2013, 02:41 | Message # 71
Explorer
Group: SE team
Croatia
I've made a semi-interesting texture and spent hours trying to make it work, but no success. I just suck at creating galaxies. sad

Maybe someone here could make use of it?

Link

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 28.01.2013, 03:13 | Message # 72
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (Kviki)
Maybe someone here could make use of it?

That's a cool image, I could probably make a good model from it. When you were making it, did you keep the different components in separate layers? (Dust in one layer, nebulae in one layer, etc.) If so that would make it very very easy to create a model from it.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

KvikiDate: Monday, 28.01.2013, 04:23 | Message # 73
Explorer
Croatia
I don't have a psd file of this particular version but I've got the two textures I used saved. If you'd like I can try to redo this texture and keep the layers separated (in a psd).

Doing it right now!

Edit: Heh, well, I tried. Didn't work out.
You know one of those times when you make something, try to make it again, but it just doesn't work out as good as the first time? I think this is one of those moments. biggrin

Edited by Kviki - Monday, 28.01.2013, 20:32

DwardenDate: Tuesday, 07.05.2013, 18:42 | Message # 74
Astronaut
Czech Republic
Solaris question are some of these included in 0.97 ?
I assume they need update if they not, i'm I right?

Ideas are like ocean w/o borders! https://twitter.com/FoltynD

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 07.05.2013, 18:56 | Message # 75
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (Dwarden)
Solaris question are some of these included in 0.97 ?

Yes many of them are in 0.97

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » New galaxies models
Page 5 of 6«123456»
Search: