Page 4 of 6«123456»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » New galaxies models
New galaxies models
DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 12.11.2012, 23:40 | Message # 46
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote (Solaris)
I'm no wizard, the models are far from flawless, many tweaks could be done in the galaxies script but it need time that I haven't right now..
But DoctorOfSpace seem to be in a galaxy-tweak mood

They look pretty good though. I am not sure I need to tweak anything happy

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

smjjamesDate: Monday, 12.11.2012, 23:42 | Message # 47
World Builder
Group: Users
United States
Looks awesome and new galaxy models are always great. smile

Edit: How come some of the new files have a modified date of August? Just wondering about this.

Edited by smjjames - Monday, 12.11.2012, 23:55

SolarisDate: Tuesday, 13.11.2012, 00:19 | Message # 48
World Builder
France
Because:
Quote (Solaris)
I've made the mistake to go in vacations before finish the galaxy pack I was working on..
(from Addon Development Thread), most of the work was already done this summer, then I had the lazy-mood of september + personals projects. I had a week off recently, so I've finished this post.

smjjamesDate: Tuesday, 13.11.2012, 05:33 | Message # 49
World Builder
United States
How come the irregular galaxy below the Hanny's Voowerp (unless the name is for both of them) is green?

SolarisDate: Tuesday, 13.11.2012, 05:51 | Message # 50
World Builder
France
It's not a irregular galaxy in real, but surely a big reflection nebula lightened by a old quasar, about the color, wiki say :
the voorwerp is colored green, a false color that is standardly used to represent the presence of several luminous emission lines of glowing oxygen
maybe I should have give it the blue color? like this

apenpaapDate: Tuesday, 13.11.2012, 10:54 | Message # 51
World Builder
Antarctica
Great Scott, these are swesome! Very good work, Solaris, I love them.

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

smjjamesDate: Tuesday, 13.11.2012, 17:23 | Message # 52
World Builder
United States
I'm just saying that some of the galaxies don't have much in the way of nebulae, but that may be something with SE rather than what you did.

Also, maybe space engineer can use some of these models for more variety in the galaxy types? The S0 type could really use some additional models to use since most of the distant S0 types use the Sombrero model.

Edited by smjjames - Tuesday, 13.11.2012, 17:27

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 13.11.2012, 17:58 | Message # 53
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (smjjames)
most of the distant S0 types use the Sombrero model.

All of the S0 types in the universe use that model as far as I know

Quote (smjjames)
I'm just saying that some of the galaxies don't have much in the way of nebulae

As Solaris already said himself in his post:
Quote (Solaris)
It's hell; Same with some _sys map, I still have lot of issues to use it, so some part of some galaxies may have lot of clusters/nebulaes.

The sys maps have issues, this is already known.

Also, "I'm just saying" makes no grammatical sense here. That implies that you mentioned it before, when in fact you've said nothing of it before now.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

smjjamesDate: Tuesday, 13.11.2012, 18:12 | Message # 54
World Builder
United States
It's more of a 'I'm just letting you know' than the fact that I've said it before. Anyways, not blaming it on Solaris work or anything.

neutronium76Date: Tuesday, 13.11.2012, 20:56 | Message # 55
World Builder
Greece
Solaris I am

Excellent work as usual! Hope they make it into 0.97 smile

Attachments: 8916902.gif(487Kb)

PC1:Core i7 970@3.34GHz, 6 cores/12 threads, 12GB DDR3 RAM@1.34GHz, 2x(SLI) GTX-580 GPUs 3GB VRAM(GDDR5)@1GHz, OS:Win7x64SP1
PC2:Core2Quad X9770@3.2GHz, 2 cores/4 threads 4GB DDR2 RAM@1GHz, GTX-285 GPU 1GB VRAM(DDR3)@1.24GHz, OS:WinVistax64SP2

Edited by neutronium76 - Tuesday, 13.11.2012, 20:58

smjjamesDate: Saturday, 17.11.2012, 05:28 | Message # 56
World Builder
United States
I know theres already a new galaxy models thread, but given that it's Solaris's thread, I don't want to steal the thread away from him. smile

While it's not as photogenically beautiful as I'd like it to be, it's still a very nice looking and an unique looking galaxy.

The dust alpha channel images are courtesy of Solaris (well, technically 1 1/2 since I resized the second one myself). Since I already have Solaris's other galaxy models, I put the specific data into the zip folder, so, just copy the data and paste into the appropriate files.

Also, I reclassified it as an Sa spiral since, well, I can't find the hubble designation and the vaucoleurs designation is a complex thing which SE doesn't have, plus I've seen it labelled as an S0 in some places and it is even called a ring galaxy in various places. Not that the label actually changes the models structure anyway.

NGC 7742 download

Attachments: 5430175.jpg(68Kb) · 0347706.jpg(121Kb)

Edited by smjjames - Saturday, 17.11.2012, 05:43

KvikiDate: Sunday, 18.11.2012, 03:14 | Message # 57
Explorer
Group: SE team
Croatia
It seems quite gloomy, dark and scary.
Also low res! (blurred up too much, maybe?)

Tell ya what; I've got a texture laying in my psd folder that resembles a galaxy that looks very very VERY similar to this one! (bad try of re-creating an imaginary Andromeda texture) I've uploaded it to my sta.sh now.
I've never bothered using it so if you'd like, you can tinker around and perhaps redesign this mod with it and make it more detailed using this texture.
I think it could really fit into it and add more depth to the galaxy.

Here it is if you want to mess around with it:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71....7m2.png

Good work for your first galaxy though.
My first attempt sucked so much I was ashamed to upload it! Hah.

Edited by Kviki - Sunday, 18.11.2012, 03:15

smjjamesDate: Sunday, 18.11.2012, 03:46 | Message # 58
World Builder
United States
Yeah, I really wish it were brighter, but I have no idea how to do so. The color and everything else is good, but if someone could help me make it brighter, that'd be great.

Teaching me the secret of making an alpha channel texture like the one here: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/17-653-15057-16-1352948602 would be great as well. Although I suspect it has to do with using the layer masks.

Is that an alpha texture there that you posted?

Edited by smjjames - Sunday, 18.11.2012, 03:54

KvikiDate: Sunday, 18.11.2012, 13:53 | Message # 59
Explorer
Group: SE team
Croatia
Well I don't know how to explain alpha channels in an easy way.
I know how to do it in photoshop, never bothered with gimp or any other image editors.
Try googling for some tutorials for it, for whichever program you use.

Quote (smjjames)
Is that an alpha texture there that you posted?

No. Well, you see, the texture you currently use is very low res and blurry.
That's why we manipulate other higher quality textures of other galaxy (mainly Messier 51) to make them look more like other galaxies with additional detail.

This one is a manipulated texture made from M51 and has lots more detail than this default texture you use now, yet it looks very similar to NGC 7742.
Perhaps you'd care to adapt that texture further to make this mod look more detailed yet still resembling the NGC 7742 galaxy.

Edited by Kviki - Sunday, 18.11.2012, 13:54

smjjamesDate: Sunday, 18.11.2012, 16:07 | Message # 60
World Builder
United States
Well, if you're talking about the color (which actually isn't too bad, but I should at least fix up the core as I did it incorrectly), the problem is that this is a pretty unique looking galaxy with the bright blue inner ring.

Similar with the texture, but there are some galaxies that look similar and since it's a like a cross between a ring shaped galaxy and a spiral, I should be able to find a way.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » New galaxies models
Page 4 of 6«123456»
Search: