Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 2 of 4«1234»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » EVE Online Ship Pack MOD v2.0 (EVE Online Ship Pack MOD v2.0)
EVE Online Ship Pack MOD v2.0
SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 14.07.2012, 18:06 | Message # 16
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote (dontpanic)
The "organic" feel to the textures, is a result of the normality textures. I made them myself, because the original norm textures that were in EVE, for some reason, didn't work properly with Space Engine.

Do they look "inverted"? In the next patch I may add a parameter to the script for inverted normal maps.

KvikiDate: Saturday, 14.07.2012, 18:15 | Message # 17
Explorer
Group: SE team
Croatia
Spaceengineer, the thing was (as stated in my last post on the first page) the normal maps in v2 are too intense so the ship surface has too many 'bumps' making the ship look weird upclose. But I'll just make myself some less intense normal maps for the ships I like. cool

Also, here's a pic with the lights ''cutting off''. (with the ring-rendering infront of the ship bug)

Attachments: 6508324.jpg(233Kb)

Edited by Kviki - Saturday, 14.07.2012, 18:18

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 14.07.2012, 18:27 | Message # 18
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
This is bug in SE - you could find it with default ship models. Something wrong with calculatation of tangents (obj format can't export tangents or bi-normals).

dontpanicDate: Saturday, 14.07.2012, 18:31 | Message # 19
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
Kviki, look, I am no pro, I just made these ships so that me and other people could enjoy Space Engine with the ships they like. If you have a problem with the textures, you are welcome, as you said, to change the textures the way you like. As for the "cutting off" bug, I do not know why it happens so I can't help you.

Edited by dontpanic - Saturday, 14.07.2012, 18:33

AethiriumDate: Friday, 20.07.2012, 04:16 | Message # 20
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
First post!

Anyways, just stumbled across this game and am already addicted. As an eve player, I was immediately attracted to your mod. I downloladed it, but for some reason, none of the ship models load. I've noticed the problem persists for the original SE models as well. When I click "teleport here" or "switch to" the game recognizes the existence of the objects but again, no models are visible. What could be the problem? Any help is much appreciated

dontpanicDate: Friday, 20.07.2012, 08:49 | Message # 21
Space Pilot
United States
Welcome to the forums! biggrin
Perhaps the game is paused?
Press "space" to pause and unpause the game.

Edited by dontpanic - Friday, 20.07.2012, 08:52

jtmedinaDate: Friday, 20.07.2012, 18:08 | Message # 22
Space Pilot
Spain
Now what we need is something like this to add more realism. biggrin

Edited by jtmedina - Friday, 20.07.2012, 19:07

dontpanicDate: Friday, 20.07.2012, 19:42 | Message # 23
Space Pilot
United States
Well, I doubt it should be THAT realistic...

jtmedinaDate: Friday, 20.07.2012, 20:36 | Message # 24
Space Pilot
Spain
Quote (dontpanic)
Well, I doubt it should be THAT realistic...

It gives some level of realism. Thanks to Orbiter I learnt a lot about the necessary calculations to reach LEO or dock at the ISS. No, it's not like the real thing but it helps to give people an idea of the physics involved.
Having that MFDs help people not only do the maneuvers but also understand why it happens.

Space Engine is years ahead of Orbiter in terms of graphics, it'd be a shame if it turned out to only have arcadey physics and simplify controls and orbital maneuvers.

dontpanicDate: Friday, 20.07.2012, 21:12 | Message # 25
Space Pilot
United States
Quote (jtmedina)
Space Engine is years ahead of Orbiter in terms of graphics, it'd be a shame if it turned out to only have arcadey physics and simplify controls and orbital maneuvers.

I just like to explore the universe with ease, without reading 1000 page manuals before...
Don't get me wrong though, it's a nice idea, but I think it's for another game.

neutronium76Date: Friday, 20.07.2012, 21:15 | Message # 26
World Builder
Greece
Quote (jtmedina)
Space Engine is years ahead of Orbiter in terms of graphics, it'd be a shame if it turned out to only have arcadey physics and simplify controls and orbital maneuvers

All these features will be added later on. This has already been stated here: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/21-11-1
Space Engine is an enormous project developed mainly (if not solely) by one man. It will take time biggrin . And when all these features are added it will wipe out everything else in the field cool !

PC1:Core i7 970@3.34GHz, 6 cores/12 threads, 12GB DDR3 RAM@1.34GHz, 2x(SLI) GTX-580 GPUs 3GB VRAM(GDDR5)@1GHz, OS:Win7x64SP1
PC2:Core2Quad X9770@3.2GHz, 2 cores/4 threads 4GB DDR2 RAM@1GHz, GTX-285 GPU 1GB VRAM(DDR3)@1.24GHz, OS:WinVistax64SP2

jtmedinaDate: Friday, 20.07.2012, 21:33 | Message # 27
Space Pilot
Spain
Quote (dontpanic)
I just like to explore the universe with ease, without reading 1000 page manuals before...
Don't get me wrong though, it's a nice idea, but I think it's for another game.

I think just the opposite. Orbiter game play + Space Engine graphics = Awesome Mind blowing game play biggrin

Quote (neutronium76)
All these features will be added later on. This has already been stated here: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/21-11-1
Space Engine is an enormous project developed mainly (if not solely) by one man. It will take time . And when all these features are added it will wipe out everything else in the field !

I can't wait. Being playing Orbiter for many years now I see Space Engine has a great potential. smile

dontpanicDate: Saturday, 21.07.2012, 10:15 | Message # 28
Space Pilot
United States
Quote (jtmedina)
I think just the opposite. Orbiter game play + Space Engine graphics = Awesome Mind blowing game play

What will be so mind blowing about it? It will be just the same, but with better graphics.
I think that NEW features make game play "mind blowing". Things like: realistic and detailed ships with interior, ability to explore planets in land vehicles, having animals and aliens on terras with life, buildings, perhaps even combat.
You are right, Space Engine has a LOT of potential, and the features you describe should be implemented (although they should be optional), but I doubt they will be "mind blowing"...

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 21.07.2012, 12:09 | Message # 29
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (dontpanic)
What will be so mind blowing about it?

Well, if Orbiter suddenly had SpaceEngine-level graphics and a near-infinite procedural universe, I would consider that mind blowing. Each is already awesome. Combining them would be pretty much the best thing ever.

And the amount of things that would need to be added to SE in order to make that happen would be impressive too (more accurate physics calculations; atmospheric flight dynamics; complex spacecraft with propellant, mass, and thrust limitations, animated ship components; virtual cockpits; rendezvous and docking; perhaps even crew transfer and management, and extravehicular activities), and if Orbiter-type abilities were added to SE, then you would would automatically gain at least a rudimentary ability to explore worlds in ground vehicles.

Quote (dontpanic)

Orbiter doesn't require reading 1000-page manuals before flying (though it certainly seems like it when you first use it!), all it really requires is an understanding of spaceflight physics and orbital mechanics (which you can learn from much simpler games, like KSP). Once you have that, all you need to know is just what keys control your spacecraft, just like any other flight sim. There aren't all that many controls that you absolutely need, even in very complex craft like the XR2.

So Orbiter really isn't as hard to get into as it seems at first (I've been there and done that, so I understand where you're coming from; the first time I was able to take off and dock at Mir I was ecstatic, because I had never been able to do it before; now I could do it in my sleep).

Quote (dontpanic)
the features you describe should be implemented (although they should be optional)

I agree that they should be optional, but I also think that they should be the baseline experience (i.e. the default). The extremely simplified, take-me-there type of navigation should be optional, as should a simple flight model (where the direction of travel is always forward, like most sims) for people who really don't care for realistic spaceflight.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Saturday, 21.07.2012, 12:10

dontpanicDate: Saturday, 21.07.2012, 12:34 | Message # 30
Space Pilot
United States
HarbingerDawn, you are correct. I love simulators (flight sims like Lock On 2, A-10C...) and at first I was interested in playing Orbiter, I wanted to experience what it feels like going to space, leaving the atmosphere and things like that, but when I downloaded Orbiter, it's graphics, especially the view of the planet from space (which was one of the things I wanted to see), repulsed me. I didn't want to play a game that didn't reward me with a stunning view of our planet from orbit. So I went looking for something better and that's when I found Space Engine.
My point is that I didn't give Orbiter a chance because of it's graphics, so I guess you'r right.
Maybe when these features are implemented in SE I will grow to like them.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » EVE Online Ship Pack MOD v2.0 (EVE Online Ship Pack MOD v2.0)
Page 2 of 4«1234»
Search: