Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 41234»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » EVE Online Ship Pack MOD v2.0 (EVE Online Ship Pack MOD v2.0)
EVE Online Ship Pack MOD v2.0
dontpanicDate: Wednesday, 11.07.2012, 17:00 | Message # 1
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
I have fixed the texture problem that was in the first release of this MOD. Now ALL ships look beautiful, shiny, awesome!
Make sure you download this, because you might actually ENJOY this ship pack! The download size is much larger now, but trust me, IT'S WORTH IT.

Ship list:

Amarr ships:
Abaddon
Aeon
Arbitrator
Archon
Armageddon
Augoror
Coercer
Harbinger
Maller
Omen
Oracle
Prophecy
Revelation

Caldari ships:
Blackbird
Caracal
Charon
Cormorant
Drake
Ferox
Moa
Naga
Osprey
Phoenix
Raven
Rokh
Scorpion
Chimera
Leviathan
Wyvern

Gallente ships:
Brutix
Celestis
Dominix
Erebus
Exequror
Hyperion
Megathron
Moros
Myrmidon
Nyx
Talos
Thanots
Thorax
Vexor

Minmatar ships:
Bellicose
Cyclone
Hel
Hurricane
Maelstrom
Naglfar
Nidhoggru
Ragnarok
Rupture
Scythe
Stabber
Tempest
Thrasher
Tornado
Typhoon

Screens:

Instructions: Just copy the "data" folder from this archive to you main space engine folder.

!!!NOTE!!! If you have my Mass Effect ship pack MOD installed, after you copy over the "data" folder, extract the "MEspacecrafts.sc" file from this archive,
rename it to "spacecrafts.sc" (simply remove the ME from the beggining of the file name) and copy it over to "data\models\spacecrafts" folder.
Now you will have both ship packs installed.
If you don't have my Mass Effect ship pack MOD, you need only to copy over the "data" folder and nothing else.
You can download the Mass Effect ship pack MOD at: http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/17-728-3

Enjoy!

Download links (234MB):
http://www.4shared.com/rar...._p.html

http://www.gamefront.com/files....MOD.rar

Attachments: 6096595.jpg(371Kb) · 1370010.jpg(405Kb) · 7250612.jpg(399Kb) · 7907712.jpg(405Kb)

Edited by dontpanic - Saturday, 14.07.2012, 16:42

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 11.07.2012, 20:41 | Message # 2
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
This is great, way more ships than I expected. Thanks

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

AdramelechDate: Wednesday, 11.07.2012, 23:23 | Message # 3
Observer
Group: Newbies
Turkey
YAY Thanks!

ogggrezDate: Wednesday, 11.07.2012, 23:28 | Message # 4
Astronaut
Sweden
WOOOOOOW!!! biggrin Totally downloading this!

"You can't take the skies from me"

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 12.07.2012, 19:24 | Message # 5
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote (dontpanic)
!!!WARNING!!! Due to a certain problem, the norm and spec textures do not work well with these models in Space Engine, thus they were not included, and as a result, the effects of sun shine and reflection on the ships and the "3d feel" of the textures is absent from this mod.

What is the problem? Specular should be saved in a alpha channel of the main (diffuse) texture, and normal maps in usual RGB texture. Do you follow this instruction?

dontpanicDate: Thursday, 12.07.2012, 20:04 | Message # 6
Space Pilot
United States
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
What is a problem? Specular should be saved in a alpha channel of the main (diffuse) texture, and normal maps in usual RGB texture. Do you follow this instruction?

No, I didn't make the spec and norm textures myself, I just tried using the originals. The problem is, when in-game, the side of the ship that is facing away from the light source (planet or star) is bright, and the side that faces the light source is dark. Also, there are large black spots on the texture...

I will try making my own spec and norm textures, I didn't know it was that simple to make them, and for some reason, didn't bother to check... sad
I'll reupload if it works.

RAF_BlackaceDate: Thursday, 12.07.2012, 21:08 | Message # 7
Astronaut
United Kingdom
Great addon. I can see all the ships except the space stations. No idea why these don't appear on screen, they appear in the list and can be selected, but I just get an empty area of space where the station should be.

Ohhh. I know why. The Citidel and Mass Relay folders are missing from the download. That will explain it. Can you add them for us ?

Ooops. Wrong thread, this should apply to your other MASS Effect Mod and I see you updated the download to include these items. I'll DL'd it again.

Edited by RAF_Blackace - Thursday, 12.07.2012, 21:20

dontpanicDate: Thursday, 12.07.2012, 21:14 | Message # 8
Space Pilot
United States
Wow... I remade the textures myself, and they work... Thanks SpaceEngineer!
I'll probably remake all of the textures in the next few days (I'm working on other things), and reupload the entire pack.

dontpanicDate: Thursday, 12.07.2012, 21:26 | Message # 9
Space Pilot
United States
Quote (RAF_Blackace)
Great addon. I can see all the ships except the space stations. No idea why these don't appear on screen, they appear in the list and can be selected, but I just get an empty area of space where the station should be.

Ohhh. I know why. The Citidel and Mass Relay folders are missing from the download. That will explain it. Can you add them for us ?

I don't understand how that is possible... This is the EVE ship pack not Mass Effect. There is no Mass Relay or Citadel in the "spacecrafts" file, no models, and no textures, it can't appear on your list... If you want the Citadel and Mass Relay, you need to download the Mass Effect Ship Pack.
You probably copied the "MEspacecrafts" file from the archive without actually having the Mass Effect Ship Pack.

Read instructions CAREFULLY! Either here (1st post), or in the README file in the archive.

Edited by dontpanic - Thursday, 12.07.2012, 21:31

dontpanicDate: Saturday, 14.07.2012, 15:14 | Message # 10
Space Pilot
United States
An update is here!!! Ships are now with fixed textures!

AdramelechDate: Saturday, 14.07.2012, 15:29 | Message # 11
Observer
Group: Newbies
Turkey

KvikiDate: Saturday, 14.07.2012, 15:44 | Message # 12
Explorer
Group: SE team
Croatia
Those Amarr ships from the screenshots look somewhat 'organic'. Not sure if it's the problem with SE and it's lack of eye candy effects or if it's something with the textures.

Good work on importing em to spaceengine, kudos to you. smile

dontpanicDate: Saturday, 14.07.2012, 16:26 | Message # 13
Space Pilot
United States
Quote (Kviki)
Those Amarr ships from the screenshots look somewhat 'organic'. Not sure if it's the problem with SE and it's lack of eye candy effects or if it's something with the textures.

The "organic" feel to the textures, is a result of the normality textures. I made them myself, because the original norm textures that were in EVE, for some reason, didn't work properly with Space Engine. So naturally, textures that were made by me, will look different than the originals. I realize that it is not exactly what you see in EVE, but in my opinion it looks much better this way than the way it looked without them

KvikiDate: Saturday, 14.07.2012, 17:26 | Message # 14
Explorer
Group: SE team
Croatia
Okay, so after looking at the ships ingame and looking at the textures after, I can tell you the only problem lies in the normal maps. You normalize the actual textures WAY too much. Here is a link with what the Avatar normal map should look like and below it what your looks like (for the comparison):

What the normal map should look like
What your normal map looks like

Though there are some visual-lightning artifacts on every ship model. Light somehow ''cuts off'' at certain spots.

Edited by Kviki - Saturday, 14.07.2012, 17:32

dontpanicDate: Saturday, 14.07.2012, 17:57 | Message # 15
Space Pilot
United States
I tried to make the textures more like the originals, but when I did, the effect was hardly visible (at least to my liking), and I didn't like that. Also, in my opinion, the ships are really uninteresting and "flat" without all of the ship lights and engine lights you have in EVE, so I had to "compensate", so to say.
As for the light, it never "cuts off" for me...

Edited by dontpanic - Saturday, 14.07.2012, 18:03

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » EVE Online Ship Pack MOD v2.0 (EVE Online Ship Pack MOD v2.0)
Page 1 of 41234»
Search: