Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » How to adjust Solar System Paramaters? (Question)
How to adjust Solar System Paramaters?
VonpoopsDate: Saturday, 23.08.2014, 07:11 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Newbies
Canada
So I tried to search around a bit for an answer to this but wasn't finding any answers for the terms I was searching.

I want to change the distance an asteroid is orbiting a gas giant at in one of my favorited locations. How would I go about doing so?

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 23.08.2014, 11:02 | Message # 2
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
You can't change procedurally generated systems. You only can make your own custom system and change anything in it.

VonpoopsDate: Monday, 25.08.2014, 15:37 | Message # 3
Observer
Canada
It seems the options I was looking for were in the main menu in "Editor" when the planet is selected.

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 25.08.2014, 18:18 | Message # 4
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote Vonpoops ()
It seems the options I was looking for were in the main menu in "Editor" when the planet is selected.

You can use the planet editor to make changes (though there are some bugs in this version when changing surface properties), but those changes will not be saved after you exit the program.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

VonpoopsDate: Monday, 25.08.2014, 18:43 | Message # 5
Observer
Canada
but those changes will not be saved after you exit the program.

Ah, yes. I just encountered this once I went to continue the editing I had started last night.

I suppose writing down the parameters I desire should be an easy enough workaround. Unless changing the values results in procedurally generated results?

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 25.08.2014, 22:27 | Message # 6
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote Vonpoops ()
I suppose writing down the parameters I desire should be an easy enough workaround

Just export the script when you have it the way you want. If you want permanent changes, you'll have to copy the system script then add it as a new custom catalog system.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » How to adjust Solar System Paramaters? (Question)
Page 1 of 11
Search: