Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Triton and Uranus major moons texture mosaics (Better textures for uranus moons and Triton)
Triton and Uranus major moons texture mosaics
ciraxDate: Thursday, 20.03.2014, 15:50 | Message # 1
Astronaut
Group: Users
Spain
Hi all again. As many of you already notice the textures for Triton and uranus major moons are pretty poor, but taking as base the cylindrical projections of Triton (major moon of Neptune) and the uranus moons of the Steve Albers' web site. I filled the black gaps of this projections using the highest resolution part of this images. If you didn't know Voyayer 2 could only take around a 50% of the total surface of this moons but of that 50% there is only half with enough resolution to name geological features; thats the part I took to do the rest. Anyway I respected all named features and tried to keep the "spirit" of each moon. Then the final result depend on that base so the best one overall is Triton (I'm really satisficed with this one) , but for example umbriel quite poor as the original one was some bad. Finally I'm open to any suggestion, and sorry of my english smile2 .

Oh I forget to suggest you set your time to 1986 in SE, when you will see the most real looking of this moons!.

Screenshots
-----------------

Triton

Ariel

Umbriel

Titania

Oberon

DOWNLOAD LINKS
---------------------------

Important, please read the "Readme before installing" text file. You must edit the solarsys.sc file in SE.

Triton Download

Ariel Download

Umbriel Download

Oberon Download

Titania and oberon original textures have some color but I found Titania too red so I added a less red titania texture. Choose the one you like more.

Titania Color Download

Titania Less Red Download

=====================================

My other catalogs and texture threads: Saturn Moons Textures, Uranus moons and Triton Textures, Brown Dwarfs Catalog, Black Holes Catalog

Attachments: 5362265.jpg(51Kb) · 2053684.jpg(58Kb) · 9291006.jpg(48Kb) · 2127074.jpg(53Kb) · 0197993.jpg(34Kb)

My work for SE: Click here
Textures for Venus surface in color and the moons of Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
Catalogs of binary stars, brown dwarfs, black holes and neutron stars.
Proxima b (3 versions).

Edited by cirax - Monday, 10.11.2014, 15:29

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 20.03.2014, 16:24 | Message # 2
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote cirax ()
Titania and oberon original textures have some color but their true colors to the human eye are in fact gray

Actually they are reddish, particularly Oberon, at least according to the sources I could find.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

ciraxDate: Friday, 21.03.2014, 15:26 | Message # 3
Astronaut
Group: Users
Spain
Yep, I just doubted how many it is, so I added both options tongue

My work for SE: Click here
Textures for Venus surface in color and the moons of Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
Catalogs of binary stars, brown dwarfs, black holes and neutron stars.
Proxima b (3 versions).

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Triton and Uranus major moons texture mosaics (Better textures for uranus moons and Triton)
Page 1 of 11
Search: