RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » A suggestion for an official music addon
A suggestion for an official music addon
DeathStarDate: Tuesday, 31.12.2013, 13:10 | Message # 1
Pioneer
Group: Users
Croatia
If I understood correctly, SE currently has 25 tracks and there aren't any plans to add more in the future because it would increase the folder size.

My suggestion is making an official music addon with more music(if any more is submitted by 3rd party authors).

DrunkenRockLeeDate: Friday, 14.03.2014, 03:16 | Message # 2
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
I'm aware of a way to add custom music, I just don't know how quite yet.

I might make a mod with select Starbound music but I'm not sure if that kind of thing is allowed on the Forums...

SolarLinerDate: Friday, 14.03.2014, 15:01 | Message # 3
Explorer
France
As long as you have the legal right to include the pieces into your add-on, go for it! Find royalty free music that you like, music from authors that agrees with their work being included in Space Engine, you can always ask for the rights !
After that you can include the work of the authors who agreed, and release that as an add-on!

custom landing page to share: http://bit.ly/spaceengine

RockoRocksDate: Friday, 14.03.2014, 17:02 | Message # 4
World Builder
Belgium
Quote SolarLiner ()
I'm aware of a way to add custom music, I just don't know how quite yet.

You simply convert any music to .OGG and you place it in your music folder. Additionally, in context.cfg you can specify where the music must start playing.

I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Friday, 14.03.2014, 17:09 | Message # 5
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote DrunkenRockLee ()
I might make a mod with select Starbound music

I did a Mass Effect music addon but have never posted it because of copyright. Unless you can get permission from the music creators I wouldn't publicly share it.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

DrunkenRockLeeDate: Friday, 14.03.2014, 18:36 | Message # 6
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Quote RockoRocks ()
You simply convert any music to .OGG and you place it in your music folder. Additionally, in context.cfg you can specify where the music must start playing.

Ah, thanks! That's really helpful biggrin

Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
I did a Mass Effect music addon but have never posted it because of copyright. Unless you can get permission from the music creators I wouldn't publicly share it.

Ah, dangit. I'll just keep it to myself then :C

apenpaapDate: Friday, 14.03.2014, 19:59 | Message # 7
World Builder
Antarctica
I added the various parts of The Planets by Gustav Holst to my SE to play when I get close to the planets of the Solar System. I probably won't release it either for copyright reasons. (the music itself has been public domain for a few years, but the specific recordings aren't)

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » A suggestion for an official music addon
Page 1 of 11
Search: