[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 3 of 6«123456»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Voekoevaka's Maps
Voekoevaka's Maps
SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 13.04.2013, 11:41 | Message # 31
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Voekoevaka, I can't download any map, it sends me to the Filedropper's main page. Should I be registered on the site?

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 22.04.2013, 20:34 | Message # 32
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
I used some of these textures for 0.97 release, but after doing some work.

1) Iapetus bump have a lot of artifacts. I fix it, and blur out hard edges between parts of texture. New surface texture are taken here.
2) Miranda bump - ok.
All other bumps have too low resolution, and I will not include them in the 0.97.

VoekoevakaDate: Wednesday, 01.05.2013, 18:42 | Message # 33
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
I removed Iapetus and Miranda bumps maps from here, they are now included in 0.97.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

VoekoevakaDate: Friday, 04.10.2013, 14:59 | Message # 34
World Builder
France
I am ressurecting my old thread about maps, and I re-uploaded those for Saturn moons.

SpaceEngineer send me a program able to convert cmod files (celestia models) to bump maps on raw format. But cmod format changed to became a binary, so the program was obsolete on it. I changed the code, and make it able to read wavefront files (.obj), and the program is almose finished. When it is ready, I'll upload maps for Phoebe, Eros and Itokawa.

I am also working on clouds maps for Mars and Neptune.

Fireinthehole-Date: Tuesday, 14.01.2014, 03:03 | Message # 35
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
How's the progress? smile

Love Space Engine!

VoekoevakaDate: Tuesday, 14.01.2014, 06:47 | Message # 36
World Builder
France
To have an answer : it is progressing very slowly. These weeks, I made a try of importing Hyperion, but a lot of work needs to be done.

PillowvineDate: Monday, 20.01.2014, 22:44 | Message # 37
Observer
Group: Users
United States
Can local hi res maps be made for earth like of states and cities similar to on celestia ? If so is there anyone doing this yet and what steps could one take to do this themselves? It would be very neat to have a sort of google earth for my location on here and other well known and loved spots.

apenpaapDate: Monday, 20.01.2014, 22:54 | Message # 38
World Builder
Antarctica
Europa has a region with increased detail, so it is indeed possible. It seems to be as simple as having textures for an extra layer of detail in the approppriate area. I don't know how you'd get the map program to spit textures out like that, though.

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 20.01.2014, 23:32 | Message # 39
Cosmic Curator
United States
The only example I know of where an addon was made for only a part of a planet's surface is this one on the Russian forum, which gives high resolution textures for Gale Crater on Mars. He gives some explanation of how he did it, so it might be helpful. Anyway, it's a great addon.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

PillowvineDate: Monday, 20.01.2014, 23:45 | Message # 40
Observer
United States
Thanks! I will indeed look into to it, as I find the idea to be very appealing. Of course if any of you happen to stumble upon anything concerning this matter further please let me know. I am grateful for the feedback and look forward to further input.

VoekoevakaDate: Monday, 20.01.2014, 23:46 | Message # 41
World Builder
France
I think he just superposed the cubemap and the texture, it can be easier with enough zoom.

PillowvineDate: Tuesday, 21.01.2014, 03:15 | Message # 42
Observer
United States
Definitely a great addon, although I am not sure that the explanation he gave is going to be of much help. Maybe I could try to contact him for some advice.

Added (21.01.2014, 06:15)
---------------------------------------------
If he superposed the cubemap and the texture? What do you mean by it can be easier with enough zoom? Also what is the best programs to do this or make those type of maps?

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 21.01.2014, 03:34 | Message # 43
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote Pillowvine ()
Also what is the best programs to do this or make those type of maps?

I don't know, but the program he mentioned might be a good place to start.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

PillowvineDate: Wednesday, 22.01.2014, 20:01 | Message # 44
Observer
United States
I am beginning to make some progress thankfully. One more question. What is the best free program I could use to edit images for use in existing earth surface cubemap images? Currently I am having a little trouble understanding how to convert color images to match the images in my earth surface file. I need to find a better photo editor. Also could you help me to understand how the white images in my Earth Surface file are converted to color in SE? Why are they not in Color to begin with and are they in greyscale or inverted? Forgive me for my ignorance as I am just taking interest in creating addons and such.

Fireinthehole-Date: Thursday, 23.01.2014, 17:21 | Message # 45
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Enceladus: http://spaceengine.org/forum/19-344-1
But this is probably just a color map that have been converted to greyscale

I visited the thread but I wasn't able to download any of the maps. They seem to be removed. Were they good maps or were all of them greyscale maps used for bump maps? Beside the Enceladus map.

Love Space Engine!

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Voekoevaka's Maps
Page 3 of 6«123456»
Search: