Page 2 of 3«123»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » AstroNiki's Photo-realistic Flare
AstroNiki's Photo-realistic Flare
HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 21.12.2012, 00:00 | Message # 16
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote (anonymousgamer)
I would love the ability for ghosts to rotate and ghosts that appear when you look directly at a star. But, maybe we'll see that in the future.

Agreed smile

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

n3xtDate: Saturday, 22.12.2012, 13:00 | Message # 17
Explorer
Group: Users
Netherlands
Love your addon Niki yahoo

Anyway I haven't been active in the forums for a while now like 2 months...

I'm too excited for SE 0.97 xD

Back to the addon... LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEE IIIIIIIITTTTT love love love

smjjamesDate: Saturday, 22.12.2012, 17:07 | Message # 18
World Builder
United States
Awesome lens flare and diffraction mod you have here . biggrin

I have a bit of a complaint with it in that when you have auto exposure on, it'll often make the effect almost dissapear and I'd like a visible diffraction effect, but then again, I'm not a photographer or astrophotographer, so what do I know about diffraction effects.

It'll be great that Space Engineer is adding a menu to mess with diffraction and lens effects.

Edited by smjjames - Saturday, 22.12.2012, 17:44

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 26.12.2012, 17:56 | Message # 19
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Finally I checked this mod. It has extremely large textures (1024*4096). It really can be significantly reduced. Also main flare texture is 1024*1024, while flare image takes a very small area. Why did you do this? It is a waste of video memory.

In 0.97 it will be possible to use any single texture or part of a texture atlas for every lens flare ghost, so I hope this mod will be remade. All ghost textures except first one may really be packed in a 1024*256 texture. Also, ghosts may be rotated and stretched in the config, they also may rotate and fade out while the sun moves across the screen.

werdnaforeverDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 01:40 | Message # 20
World Builder
United States
This lens flare is amazing!

____A_______M________M_______A______ZZZZZZZZ___IIIIIIII___N_______N______GGGG________!!!
___A_A______MM_____MM______A_A____________ZZ_____II_____NN______N_____G_____________!!!
__A___A_____M__M__M_M_____A___A_________ZZ_______II_____N__N____N____G______GGG____!!!
_AAAAAA ____M____M__M____AAAAAA_______ZZ_________II_____N____N__N____G_______G
A______A____M________M__A_______A___ZZZZZZZZ___IIIIIIII___N______NN_____GGGGGG______!!!

This should be included in the program instead of the current one.

astronikiDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 18:00 | Message # 21
Space Pilot
Group: SE team
Poland
(SpaceEngineer)
Finally I checked this mod. It has extremely large textures (1024*4096). It really can be significantly reduced.
That is to have top quality without any sign of jagged pixels.

Also main flare texture is 1024*1024, while flare image takes a very small area. Why did you do this? It is a waste of video memory.
The lightness falls off logarithmically, and with 16 bits, fades slowly all the way to the edge of the image, so in the game, you can overexpose it a lot without artifacts, although this might be a bit of an overkill.

In 0.97 it will be possible to use any single texture or part of a texture atlas for every lens flare ghost, so I hope this mod will be remade. All ghost textures except first one may really be packed in a 1024*256 texture. Also, ghosts may be rotated and stretched in the config, they also may rotate and fade out while the sun moves across the screen.

This is great news. Of course I'll remake the flare, that will be the first thing I'll do when i find my jaw after seeing the new features. I already have some ideas how to take advantage of the rotating ghost thing. I should be able to make a good looking flare without such huge textures.

Check out my astrophotography:
http://www.astroniki.fbl.pl
http://www.facebook.com/AstroNiki1

SpaceEngineerDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 22:18 | Message # 22
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
I saw you made main flare as a ghost. In 0.97 it will be possible to make any number of flare sprites, with rotation effects. So you should make the horizontal ray as a separate texture and make it not rotating.

PS: I probably will remove the "super" flare mode because it is glitchy and will be incompatible with new dynamic lens flares.

anonymousgamerDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 22:23 | Message # 23
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States
(SpaceEngineer)
I saw you made main flare as a ghost.

I've done this too with the mass effect flare. I wanted to (and probably astroniki also) keep the flare the same size (in fact bigger than the main flare would normally get) rather than grow and shrink.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

astronikiDate: Friday, 28.12.2012, 00:00 | Message # 24
Space Pilot
Group: SE team
Poland
(SpaceEngineer)
PS: I probably will remove the "super" flare mode because it is glitchy and will be incompatible with new dynamic lens flares.

Will the ghosts also fade or stretch depending on the visual size of the star?

Check out my astrophotography:
http://www.astroniki.fbl.pl
http://www.facebook.com/AstroNiki1

Freak2121Date: Friday, 28.12.2012, 01:08 | Message # 25
Space Pilot
Canada
Is there a way to keep it from fading away in such a short distance from a light source when auto-exposure is on? In most planets I go to there is no flare, the star is just a little circle.

Intel Core i5 @ 4.534GHz
8GBs of DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX970 SSC
Windows 7 64-bit

smjjamesDate: Thursday, 03.01.2013, 17:51 | Message # 26
World Builder
United States
(Freak2121)
Is there a way to keep it from fading away in such a short distance from a light source when auto-exposure is on? In most planets I go to there is no flare, the star is just a little circle.

Same here. Even the diffraction effect (which I actually like better than the default) pretty much dissapears.

Maybe Space Engineer solved this in 0.97, no idea.

Edited by smjjames - Thursday, 03.01.2013, 17:52

GeorgeDWDate: Friday, 25.01.2013, 22:31 | Message # 27
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
I can't download this, I get "This file can only be downloaded with SpeedyShare Premium. Get Premium Now!"

HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 25.01.2013, 22:50 | Message # 28
Cosmic Curator
United States
GeorgeDW, welcome to the forum.

Try this mirror (I'll add it to the OP too)

Download

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

GeorgeDWDate: Saturday, 26.01.2013, 00:35 | Message # 29
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
Thanks! AstroNiki, this looks great!

Destroyer123Date: Sunday, 10.02.2013, 10:10 | Message # 30
Astronaut
Sweden
Hello. I recently saw AstroNiki,sPhoto-realistic Flare mod. It looked really awesome. But the thing is i dont really know how to install it. I download everything but i just dont know what to do. So that is why i ask if someone would like to maybe make a video or step by step tutorial. To help me and other pepole who dont know. So if you make a video or a tutorial write it here. biggrin

"Somewhere something incredibly is wating to be known"
Carl sagan

Edited by Destroyer123 - Sunday, 10.02.2013, 10:12

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » AstroNiki's Photo-realistic Flare
Page 2 of 3«123»
Search: