[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 2 of 3«123»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Local Interstellar Cloud
Local Interstellar Cloud
TotyDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 19:08 | Message # 16
Explorer
Group: SE team
Spain
Why you cancelled this and delete your replies, miros?

miros_0571Date: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 19:18 | Message # 17
Astronaut
Group: Banned
Ukraine
Message has been removed. But topic is not cancelled.

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 2,0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Edited by miros_0571 - Saturday, 06.10.2012, 20:02

TotyDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 19:27 | Message # 18
Explorer
Spain
Quote (miros_0571)
I don't make Local Interstellar Cloud, because Local Interstellar Cloud is invisible.

Is imposible to make something invisible in Space Engine or what? Maybe you can speak with Space Engineer for some help.

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 19:30 | Message # 19
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
miros_0571, do you want me to delete this thread?

Quote (Toty)
Is imposible to make something invisible in Space Engine or what?

It is not impossible, but it is senseless since SE is all about what can be seen.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Edited by HarbingerDawn - Saturday, 06.10.2012, 19:30

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 19:30 | Message # 20
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote (Toty)

Is imposible to make something invisible in Space Engine or what? Maybe you can speak with Space Engineer for some help.

If it is invisible and you open SE without this mod and don't see it, then how do you know it isn't there already? tongue

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

TotyDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 20:00 | Message # 21
Explorer
Spain
Quote (DoctorOfSpace)
It is not impossible, but it is senseless since SE is all about what can be seen.

Quote (DoctorOfSpace)
If it is invisible and you open SE without this mod and don't see it, then how do you know it isn't there already? tongue

Maybe you can't see the cloud but you know is there. You can select it, search it by name, see his data... Is enough for me. I want things like these in Space Engine, that adds more variety and complete a little more the overall program.

Antza2Date: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 20:02 | Message # 22
World Builder
Finland
Quote (Toty)
Maybe you can't see the cloud but you know is there. You can select it, search it by name, see his data... Is enough for me. I want things like these in Space Engine, that adds more variety and complete a little more the overall program.

Well SE doesn't have the Heliosphere and such, and IMO, shouldn't have. They are pretty much pointless.

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 20:03 | Message # 23
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (Toty)

Then create a StarBarycenter at Dist 0 and call it Local Interstellar Cloud. Done.

My SE mods and addons

miros_0571Date: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 20:06 | Message # 24
Astronaut
Group: Banned
Ukraine
Local Interstellar Cloud are still exists, help HarbingerDawn to add Local Interstellar Cloud in SpaceEngine.

Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Interstellar_Cloud
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstellar_cloud

Texture of Local Interstellar Cloud:

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 2,0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

TotyDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 20:19 | Message # 25
Explorer
Spain
Quote (Antza2)
Well SE doesn't have the Heliosphere and such, and IMO, shouldn't have. They are pretty much pointless.

Really? Doesn't look pointless to me. In fact, could be an awesome addon to SE.

Quote (HarbingerDawn)
Then create a StarBarycenter at Dist 0 and call it Local Interstellar Cloud. Done.

That parameter can create a LIC around the Sun? With logical or acceptable data (dimensions and such)?

HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 20:25 | Message # 26
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (Toty)
That parameter can create a LIC around the Sun? With logical or acceptable data (dimensions and such)?

You would have to create a nebula, but I have no idea if it is possible to do that without rendering one. My guess is that it is not. Otherwise that data cannot be added.

My SE mods and addons

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 20:33 | Message # 27
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
You would have to create a nebula, but I have no idea if it is possible to do that without rendering one. My guess is that it is not. Otherwise that data cannot be added.

Does SE support transparent textures?

If it does then just make a big transparent blob or mostly transparent that is just faintly visible.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

TotyDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 20:37 | Message # 28
Explorer
Spain
Quote (HarbingerDawn)

I see. So we are back to the beginning.

Miros, try to contact with Space Engineer for help to create a invisible nebula. LIC needs that to be real. Or search for help in the russian forum.

SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 20:48 | Message # 29
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
That Local Interstellar Cloud is the only local increasing of density of interstellar matter near the Sun. It's density (0.1 atoms/cm3) is only 2 times greater than density of Local Bubble (0.2 atoms/cm3) - the big cavity in the interstellar medium blowig by ancient supernova. So do you think you should add the Local Bubble in SE too? The densite of Local Interstellar Cloud is 1/5 of average density of intestellar matter in galactic disk in solar neighborhood, so it can be called "cloud" only because it is located inside even less dense Local Bubble. The normal density of nebulae that can be seen (in reality and in SE) is thousand times greater than density of these things. So I see no reason to add them in SE.

smjjamesDate: Saturday, 06.10.2012, 21:40 | Message # 30
World Builder
Group: Users
United States
Quote (Toty)
Quote (HarbingerDawn)

I see. So we are back to the beginning.

Miros, try to contact with Space Engineer for help to create a invisible nebula. LIC needs that to be real. Or search for help in the russian forum.

What would the point of an invisible nebula be anyway?

SpaceEngineer has a point, it's just a slightly dustier area that we just happen to be moving through. I have no idea if that artists impression of the cloud from Sedna is accurate, but then again, it's an artistic impression. Given what SpaceEngineer said, it wouldn't be visible from Sedna either.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Local Interstellar Cloud
Page 2 of 3«123»
Search: