RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Different kinds of habitable exoplanets. (Imagine the possibilities!)
Different kinds of habitable exoplanets.
EnkiDate: Saturday, 04.08.2012, 00:20 | Message # 1
Astronaut
Group: Users
United States
I can think of one right now that would be difficult with the current game engine.
I thought it would be cool to have a tidally locked planet with vegetation down the edge of the day-night barrier, but desert toward the Sun and ice in back. This would be perfect for Gliese 581 d.

But if anyone has any other ideas they may also be worth considering.

Also, I know Gliese 581 g isn't confirmed, but due to the existing evidence and the popularity, I think it should be added.

EDIT:
I'd also like to add on a side note that a GUI based solar system editor would be cool and suppose you went to NASA and picked up some of the sounds that the probes recorded and added them as a feature that could be turned on or off that would also be neat. Yes I know you can't really hear sound in space, but the probes translated radio frequencies that were being emitted from various celestial bodies.

"If you arrive at a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong." - Ayn Rand
"It may be that our purpose on Earth is not to find God, but to create him." - Arthur C. Clarke

Edited by Enki - Saturday, 04.08.2012, 02:05

apenpaapDate: Saturday, 04.08.2012, 09:53 | Message # 2
World Builder
Group: Users
Antarctica
You can already find living planets that are tidally locked to their sun.

As for sound, there's youtube and anything someone has saved on their own computers; I say let people decide for themselves what they'd like to hear while playing SE by having no in-game sound.

I occasionally stream at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax. Sometimes SE, sometimes other games.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Different kinds of habitable exoplanets. (Imagine the possibilities!)
Page 1 of 11
Search: