Page 4 of 7«1234567»
Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Gameplay Concept
Gameplay Concept
TimDate: Sunday, 06.01.2013, 20:27 | Message # 46
Explorer
Group: Users
Belgium
(Disasterpiece)
When there are procedural cities, will it procedurally generate population numbers? Also, if anyone has every played pioneer could there be a similar autopilot?

What if the intelligent life is in fact just one sentient organism with millions of organic drones that he can control simultaneously through advanced biological radiosignals?

HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 07.01.2013, 03:07 | Message # 47
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
(Disasterpiece)
Doctorofspace could be a humanoid cylon.

No, they had emotions too.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

mordin86Date: Wednesday, 26.06.2013, 14:56 | Message # 48
Astronaut
Poland
Spaceflights
Use real physics for interplanetary flights - computing orbits, acceleration/deceleration burns, landing on planets and take off, docking with mothership or space station. All can be done using autopilot or manual controls.

This is what I`m really looking forward to. I hope this will stay as realistic as possible, because we have tons of space games with sf controls - those are fun too of course, but apart from old Orbiter, and cartoony Kerbal Space Program, there are no realistic space sims. Of course if someone dont want to calculating everything on the paper, the autopilot will be very useful.
So please dont dropp "realism" happy

XaxX-0Date: Wednesday, 30.10.2013, 06:26 | Message # 49
Observer
Group: Newbies
Canada
Hi guys,
I've read and thought a lot about SE's gameplay infinite potential, and on whatever SpaceEngineer and his team are going to do with their creation. I will be glad with any kind of game SE has to offer in the near future, but I hope that the engine will be indeed available for modding after the game's realease, like the SDK files spoken above.

From what I can imagine from such an engine is unbeleivable. It could become like an Eve Online merged with World of Warcraft, or X3 fusionned with SW: Old Republic, into an (almost) infinite environnement!

Personally, the main reason why I get easily bored with simulation games is that basicly you are no one. You don't play any character, as you are a ship, or you're only yourself, hiding in the ship, giving orders there and there. But one of the main reason why there are still millions of people that are playing World of Warcraft is only because those people are emotionaly attached to their character, choosen when you get into that universe, with customisable appearance and gear, and even if there's almost no storyline in the game!!

I dream of a totaly fluid game, like GTA can be. You get in the ship, you walk around in the ship, you sit down on the pilot's chair, switching smoothly to the nav console, you set a destination course, you can get up during the travel or just leave the ship's views, checking out meanwhile for some automated distant bases and mines, and cargos that are transiting ect... Walk around in the ship again, you put on your favorite spacesuit, hiding those funny clothes that your character is wearing smile ... The ship has landed on a previously randomly generated planet, you get out of it, you walk to your base, there you grab a weapon and a speeder, you then go blast some bugs, or some ennemy patrols, you raid upon randomly generated enemy outposts and villages, you gather XP, you do some prospection for further mining, gather loot, stuff and gear, go back to the base, get in the ship, fly away to the system where everyone is hanging around because it's there you can get the big gear, you can get some randomly generated space missions, participate into massive group raids with other players against enemy AI (PVE), or pirate players (PVP)...

And all of this without a single load screen, and feeling free to go anywhere through this massive universe, unlike the way they did tried it to be so with SWTOR, as being totaly fake and laughable, but SE has the potential to make all of this real.

You don't like to fight? Fine then, you can avoid warzones and combat by choosing to be a diplomat, or an investigator, a trader, an engineer, an architect, a minor, or even a spy, cloaked and roaming throughout this insanely huge galaxy looking for randomly generated ennemy fleets and then selling the info to the millitary players at high prices. ect ect ect ect ect

You could be a millitary, starting from being a single fighter pilot to eventualy become the comander of your own fleets and ground armies, or a civilian, from being a common hauler to become the owner of a space transport and/or droids, or ships assembling company, or a federal, becoming the mastermind of a galactic information network, or a pirate, trying to survive by your own, with the only help of your pirate allies, and then opening the doors to every kind of storylines and adventures in space or on the ground with your character.

I know that you guys fancy realism, but science is telling us that even light is barely able to travel such distances, and that the only single thought of space traveling like this between two stars only (!) is ridiculous. But to be fully playable, the galaxy should take roughly about 3 hours @ 3,5 pc/sec to pass through from side to side, with some refuels of course, then you would have a chance to meet somebody on your way.

As many like myself, we're been looking everywhere on the internet for years to find only a shade of this ultimate game that I'm talking about, and we can't ask you guys to deliver such a product, but I can only hope that a major player in the industry will wake the fk up and start to get more interested into what you are doing, because SE is the future of MMO gaming!

I'm sorry for being that emotional but hey, just thinking about it gives me a rush for half an hour!

Long live Space Engine in it's every form, as it changed my perception of the scales of space and time forever and opened my mind to a new reality.

Edited by XaxX-0 - Wednesday, 30.10.2013, 08:43

neutronium76Date: Wednesday, 30.10.2013, 08:38 | Message # 50
World Builder
Greece
Quote XaxX-0 ()
Hi guys, etc...

XaxX-0 Read this: Gameplay notes by Space Engineer

PC1:Core i7 970@3.34GHz, 6 cores/12 threads, 12GB DDR3 RAM@1.34GHz, 2x(SLI) GTX-580 GPUs 3GB VRAM(GDDR5)@1GHz, OS:Win7x64SP1
PC2:Core2Quad X9770@3.2GHz, 2 cores/4 threads 4GB DDR2 RAM@1GHz, GTX-285 GPU 1GB VRAM(DDR3)@1.24GHz, OS:WinVistax64SP2

XaxX-0Date: Thursday, 31.10.2013, 02:32 | Message # 51
Observer
Canada
Quote neutronium76 ()
Read this:

Yep... It's pretty cool. I can't wait to see that!

mnergerDate: Saturday, 14.12.2013, 01:23 | Message # 52
Observer
Germany
terraforming were so cool,
i was searching for a terraforming and colon. game with a real graphic like this for so long please do it!
you could make volcanic activity or continental plate movement.

i love SE! biggrin

it should run only stable sad

SkywalkerDate: Monday, 07.07.2014, 01:47 | Message # 53
Observer
United States
Hello there! I am new to SpaceEngine and the community, but I am already in love with the current version of the game! I have always admired the universe for all of it's wonderful mysteries and have been deeply sucked into this game. Now, weeks prior to even knowing what this game was, I was imagining creating a space simulator RPG (I'm a quite new Java/C#/C++ OpenGL coder) with indepth exploration that went beyond clicking a button to magically detect a planet's characteristics (including atmospheric makeup, atmospheric pressure, terrestrial makeup, oceanic makeup, oceanic height, planet size, gravity, etc). Something that required real measurement, calculation, and logging of events in order to keep track of your adventures. I am praying that this will be that game and it looks as if it will be. Now there is one tiny thing that I request you add to the planetarium, and that is full render mode. Basically, to make it easier to screenshot in large quantities, add a button to fully render a world in LOD 2 so that it may be captured in full detail from even out of its atmosphere. This will obviously lag computers, but it is intended to make screenshotting from space better and allow people to roam around a planet, screenshotting everything without waiting for LOD. If this is possible, please make it so!

By the way, I'm not sure what your goals or requisites for this project are, but if there's anything that I can do to help, by all means I am available. biggrin

anonymousgamerDate: Monday, 07.07.2014, 01:50 | Message # 54
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Quote Skywalker ()
add a button to fully render a world in LOD 2 so that it may be captured in full detail from even out of its atmosphere

I would imagine most, if not all, computers would run out of VRAM/RAM long before the surface generation completes.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

SkywalkerDate: Monday, 07.07.2014, 02:46 | Message # 55
Observer
United States
Well, it could at least be experimented with, including different levels of detail to fully render in. Physics could also be disabled if that makes a difference.

Pjj56Date: Monday, 07.07.2014, 12:03 | Message # 56
Observer
United Kingdom
Skywalker, I've done a comparison of rendering a planet at full (or as close to) LOD 2 with a simple screenshot from orbit - While it is noticeably clearer when rendered in full, bear in mind that this image took somewhere close to 40 mins to make biggrin (The original file is 270MB, but this one is in as much detail as can be seen from orbit).

Fully Rendered:

Screenshot:

System: Windows 10, i5 3570k OC @ 4.2GHz, AMD HD7850 (2GB VRAM), 16GB RAM

Edited by Pjj56 - Monday, 07.07.2014, 12:11

SolarLinerDate: Monday, 07.07.2014, 17:10 | Message # 57
Explorer
France
Pjj56, how did you do that? This is magnificent !

custom landing page to share: http://bit.ly/spaceengine

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 07.07.2014, 20:03 | Message # 58
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote SolarLiner ()
Pjj56, how did you do that? This is magnificent !

One way to do it is like this

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

SolarLinerDate: Monday, 07.07.2014, 22:13 | Message # 59
Explorer
France
I tried to stitch images before but the way the camera moves, I don't know but the stitcher wasn't able to do anything (I use Microsoft ICE btw), plus the FOV is changing way too slow for me, I get impatient and stop.

custom landing page to share: http://bit.ly/spaceengine

Pjj56Date: Tuesday, 15.07.2014, 11:40 | Message # 60
Observer
United Kingdom
SolarLiner, with a lot of free time, a hint of boredom, approximately 170 screenshots and a panorama stitcher biggrin The whole thing is shot with the camera FOV at about 1 degree, to remove distortions :P I've only ever done two, and this one is 16000 x 16000 pixels originally, soo... yeah wink

EDIT: Just as an extra, here is the whole 270MB image for anyone who wants it - opening in GIMP is advised, trying to edit it in any way is not (It has caused many computer crashes biggrin ) Image

System: Windows 10, i5 3570k OC @ 4.2GHz, AMD HD7850 (2GB VRAM), 16GB RAM

Edited by Pjj56 - Tuesday, 15.07.2014, 12:52

Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Gameplay Concept
Page 4 of 7«1234567»
Search: