RUS New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Gameplay Focus on Space Probing first. (First version of Game should be smaller scope by far.)
Gameplay Focus on Space Probing first.
gregoryDate: Sunday, 12.04.2015, 13:28 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Instead of jumping right into making huge manned motherships with lander rockets and all of that complex stuff, I have an idea that might be potentially more fun. A United Earth Space Probe Agency of sorts that uses a single small (by small I mean something like Skylab-sized, not REALLY small) probe that can fly using a warp drive, a high-Isp engine, and wings/landing gears for planetary exploration.

You could send multiple probes I guess. The point though is that the player is in some laboratory on Earth observing the probe and controlling it (in a superluminal comms system for the sake of playability)

Destructor1701Date: Wednesday, 15.04.2015, 11:33 | Message # 2
Pioneer
Group: Users
Ireland
UESPA, Star Trek's dirty little secret tongue

It always made me smile when they'd be referenced in TOS, because in Ireland when I was growing up, "Spa" was an insult, so it sounded like Kirk and co were calling each other "You spa!". I was young.

gregoryDate: Wednesday, 03.06.2015, 02:04 | Message # 3
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Quote Destructor1701 ()
UESPA, Star Trek's dirty little secret

It always made me smile when they'd be referenced in TOS, because in Ireland when I was growing up, "Spa" was an insult, so it sounded like Kirk and co were calling each other "You spa!". I was young.

I never heard it pronounced in acronym form in TOS, only referred as United Earth Space Probe Agency to a fighter pilot from the 60s, instead of Federation or Starfleet, to emphasize the UNITED EARTH part.

Besides, it's totally Wehy-Spah

Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Gameplay Focus on Space Probing first. (First version of Game should be smaller scope by far.)
Page 1 of 11
Search: