Русский New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Disable rendering of one chosen planet?
Disable rendering of one chosen planet?
kornellvargaDate: Wednesday, 11.02.2015, 12:11 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Newbies
Pirate
Dear all,

I am looking for a solution to render out a skybox without the planet in it, but the ring around should be there.. I guess somehow to change the opacity of one planet.

Any suggestions?

Thomas988Date: Monday, 16.02.2015, 15:33 | Message # 2
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
I heard somewhere someone having the same problem. I think what was suggested was selecting that planet you want gone, opening the planet editor, and setting its radius to zero or extremely close to zero.

All you need in life are space games and typhlosions.

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 16.02.2015, 16:43 | Message # 3
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Open the console with the ~ key, and enter the command "noland" to disable the surface rendering. Disable clouds and atmosphere (and aurora with comet tails, if needed) by usual way, and you are ready to export the skybox.

You may take a skybox from the planet's center, if needed. To do this, type the "noclip" command in the console do disable collision detection, and enter the Edit or Debug mode with the * key. The Edit mode is needed to disable the whole planet clipping (with rings) when you are inside it.

Attachments: 1206237.jpg(437Kb)

Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Disable rendering of one chosen planet?
Page 1 of 11
Search: